• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Said It Would Have Kept Sega Games Multiplatform After Proposed Buyout

Fabieter

And yet Bethesda doesn't feature in any of those short, mid or long term acquaition plans. And from leaked documents, it's clear Mobile was their most prominent long term plan for acquisitions.

We saw an internal 2020 acquisition target list, remember? What this thread is based on?

This thread is based on target list from November 2020 so 2 month after they announced the Bethesda buyout, isnt it? They probably started talking to Bethesda in March 2020.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
So they basically wanted to ensure they had content day 1 on xbox and on gamepass.

Good on em. I say buy Sega, this is the best way for it to be handled.
Meanwhile they keep destroying perceived value of games… no bad idea and you know it :p.

Plus, I do not believe they would really keep the multiplatform, it is BS.

8ujlmzN.gif

El Muerto

I wish they did. Then maybe Toshihiro Nagoshi wouldnt of left for Tencent and get his own game studio under Microsoft.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
- Microsoft buys Sega
- hires Christian Whitehead to be head of Sonic Team
- Sonic becomes Xbox's mascot
- Dreamcast 2 is finally launched

Honestly the rats In this thread are ridiculous. They ignore facts and evidence from the court case and keep repeating, their opinion as fact such as this Riky.
Don't you see MS kept Minecraft multiplat they're good guys.

When it fact contracts and reasons out of MS control force them to not be exclusive.

They just wont accept that if MS has their way they would buy everything and make it all exclusive. Their chats behind closed doors prove this alone. The simple reason they haven't, is because they can't.

On social media it's all it's for the gamers and case by case basis. I'd have more respect for Phil If he just said , yeah we're buying it all for gamepass and Xbox exclusively.

Last edited:

Ansphn

No one believes them. They lied too damn much. At some point, if they told me the sky was blue, after years of lying, I would doubt the color of the sky if it came out of their forked tongue.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Honestly the rats In this thread are ridiculous. They ignore facts and evidence from the court case and keep repeating, their opinion as fact such as this Riky.
Don't you see MS kept Minecraft multiplat they're good guys.

When it fact contracts and reasons out of MS control force them to not be exclusive.

They just wont accept that if MS has their way they would buy everything and make it all exclusive. Their chats behind closed doors prove this alone. The simple reason they haven't, is because they can't.

On social media it's all it's for the gamers and case by case basis. I'd have more respect for Phil If he just said , yeah we're buying it all for gamepass and Xbox exclusively.

Wait till someone tells you the source of the Sega news this topic is about.
200w.gif

Last edited:

John Wick

If you heard the testimony live, you'd know the details: there was no differentiation between strategy and execution. They wanted to make it exclusive but couldn't because of the contract, and Phil was frustrated because of that.

He asked the team to look into ways how they can stop releasing Minecraft on PlayStation and make it exclusive. They likely couldn't find a way out of that contract, so they released the game.
Shills don't believe in facts and truth

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
If that means I'll get Panzer Dragoon Saga Remake and Shenmue 4 I'm totally on board..

Impotaku

Wait, hold on, if Xbox buys Sega, could they make Bayonetta come to Xbox?
First bayonetta yes it could come out on xbox it has before in the past, for 2 & 3 not unless nintendo give permission as they funded the other 2 games and have the publishing rights to them. The IP is Segas property though but they can't do much with it regarding the 2nd & 3rd game however they could do a 4th one on a non nintendo system i guess.

First bayonetta yes it could come out on xbox it has before in the past, for 2 & 3 not unless nintendo give permission as they funded the other 2 games and have the publishing rights to them. The IP is Segas property though but they can't do much with it regarding the 2nd & 3rd game however they could do a 4th one on a non nintendo system i guess.
I was thinking they would continue Bayonetta on Nintendo but also put any further ones on Xbox as well since Sega own the IP. Does Nintendo publishing mean they got the rights to keep the game on their platform if Xbox owns the IP? Xbox does have all Rareware games on Xbox that Rare owned.

Last edited:
Not the same thing at all. They had to release those games on other platforms due to the contract agreements.
Minecraft
FO76
ESO?

Minecraft dungeons?

New IPs are considered keeping exclusive as per documents not existing old IPs like Sonic.

That's what exactly they doing with Bethesda games as well.

Last edited:
Wait till someone tells you the source of the Sega news this topic is about.
200w.gif
At least you reply even though you don't offer much of a discourse. The rest of your rats pick and choose what to post while playing ignorant and ignoring facts.

Even this Minecraft attempt to argue how great ms is and doing it for the gamers. When in reality they were forced and the emails show them bitching they couldn't make it exclusive.

Hudo

Can someone inform me if they planned to buy the Sega portion of Sega Sammy or if they wanted to buy Sega Sammy as a whole? Because I don't see how the Sammy business fits into Microsoft.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Can someone inform me if they planned to buy the Sega portion of Sega Sammy or if they wanted to buy Sega Sammy as a whole? Because I don't see how the Sammy business fits into Microsoft.
maybe part of it? like how SE offload certain studios.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Even this Minecraft attempt to argue how great ms is and doing it for the gamers. When in reality they were forced and the emails show them bitching they couldn't make it exclusive.
People are refusing to hear or admit it, whether it is cognitive dissonance or just fanboys that would love to throw away all process and laws and consumer protection of it restricts their beloved company I am not sure…

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
At least you reply even though you don't offer much of a discourse. The rest of your rats pick and choose what to post while playing ignorant and ignoring facts.

Thank you for acknowledging that you at least believe what was said in the emails, which means you also believe this Sega news that also comes from the same batch of emails. We're on the same page here at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom