• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you identify as a "gamer"?

I just can't help but feel some of you are looking way too deep into it when someone calls themselves a "gamer"

I don't see how people who call themselves that are automatically saying that's their sole identity. I'm indifferent to the term but I don't see how the term gamer means you only accept one facet of your personality/hobbies.

Either way it doesn't bother me much if someone calls me that if I game as it's something I do. It's not that deep for me I know I do other things than that.

SeanTSC

What is a "gamer"?

Maybe when gaming as a hobby wasn't as mainstream as it is now you could classify people as "gamers", but now it's so common that people play games, whether it be COD, Halo, FIFA, Madden, Candy Crush, The Sims or WoW, that the term is archaic.

I watch Netflix, am I a "TVer"? I follow sports, am I a "sporter"?

And before someone says posting on forums like Neogaf makes me a gamer I'd like to point out that a number of mates of mine that play games but don't post on forums are all over Twitter or sports teams forums. Posting about a hobby/interest on the internet is no longer niche either.

The term has no meaning these days, in my opinion.

People are really too caught up on this "er" thing. How about Cinephile and Sports Fan? People do identify as those.

Or if you're more about Netflix and Chill than just Netflix you might be a Nympho.

Canucked

Or if you're more about Netflix and Chill than just Netflix you might be a Nympho.

I know who I am now.

index.jpg

Top Bottom