• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do You Like Me Finally Enjoy Battlefront 2 SP content?

keraj37

I just booted the game after few months of staying idle, and I discovered that instant action in SP content, which...

Is just what I was missing in that game - DICE hit the bulls eye for me with it!
It is very fun and engaging, I just hope they add more maps soon!

Battlefront 2 still looks way worse then predecessor but now fun from SP gameplay is better.

At this point I don't regret having it.

Do you play instant action too and enjoy it?

lefty1117

Gold Member
yeah it was a good addition, but they're also adding online PVE coop gameplay too. May have already added it in I think

JimiNutz

Banned
I keep on meaning to jump back into this.
If TLJ hadn't been so shit I'd have Star Wars fever at the moment in anticipation of the next film and I'd no doubt be playing it already.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I still play Battlefront (2015). My two sons do, too. Kinda crazy that their first Star Wars videogame is Battlefront. It's a solid game and has an arcade-like simplicity, which is perfect for them. I miss the larger battles and the wider range of playable characters but it's not a bad Star Wars game at all.

Never really pulled the trigger on the second one because the first one performs the job that I want it to, I guess. Jump in and shoot some stormtroopers or shoot some rebels.

keraj37

I still play Battlefront (2015). My two sons do, too. Kinda crazy that their first Star Wars videogame is Battlefront. It's a solid game and has an arcade-like simplicity, which is perfect for them. I miss the larger battles and the wider range of playable characters but it's not a bad Star Wars game at all.

Never really pulled the trigger on the second one because the first one performs the job that I want it to, I guess. Jump in and shoot some stormtroopers or shoot some rebels.

Yeah I love Battlefront (2015) it was first game after Crysis that helped me drop my jaw on the floor (visuals and sound). And still has a lot to offer, I agree. But the problem is it is complete abandoned by DICE and there is not much new mods created for it either.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yeah I love Battlefront (2015) it was first game after Crysis that helped me drop my jaw on the floor (visuals and sound). And still has a lot to offer, I agree. But the problem is it is complete abandoned by DICE and there is not much new mods created for it either.
It fills a niche for me as a game that I enjoy picking up once in a while, but I never play it for more than a day or two at a time. I bought the game pretty early (it wasn't launch day, but it was within the first month) and I consider it money well spent for how long I'm still regularly playing it.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It's not that good thou. AI is stupid and some parts felt kinda lazy.

I guess that after Doom and Titanfall 2, single player in a fps has a new level to me

keraj37

It's not that good thou. AI is stupid and some parts felt kinda lazy.

I guess that after Doom and Titanfall 2, single player in a fps has a new level to me

Most likely, I never said it is the best SP game ever, it is just finally started to give me fun.

I've enjoyed Star Wars Battlefront 2 and have had it since day one. The loot crate stuff was a huge mistake on EA's part, the original amount of credits to unlock heroes and villains vs. the pay to win approach that was originally built into this game but then they adjusted after all the public outcry and whistle blowing.

They had to fix their mistakes, Disney was not happy with the poor press, kids gambling ect; and the license was on the line. Its not perfect but I enjoy Instant Action, Star Fighter battles and heroes vs villains online. I especially appreciated when they added Obi Wan and Anakin.

If I could add anything it would be a new PSVR mission, a longer X-Wing Mission/ multiple ones or maybe a mission where you pilot an AT-AT and attack the rebel base on Hoth.

Maybe some of the original maps from Star Wars Battlefront I & II back on the PS3/ Xbox 360 but remastered, thats quality DLC worth paying for.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I bought the game day one for the sp game and didn’t touch the mp for more than 10mins.

I just wanted a decent Star Wars game on current hardware. It was great fun. Short, yes, and could have been better, but I enjoyed it.

No regrets.

dan76

There's was a similar thread to this the other day. Yeah, instant action is good, but the new co-op mode is great. DICE nailed this game mode, though it's only the 5 prequel and Clone Wars maps. I'm hoping they start porting over the OT maps from 2015.

I also really enjoyed the campaign.

kunonabi

Yeah the new solo stuff is nice. I really only bought the game to wreck house as Anakin and Dooku so the new modes serve me quite nicely. Too bad the actual campaign was such garbage.

Last edited:

royox

it looks worst than BF1?

Sacrifices a LITTLE almost unnoticeable for human eye graphic quality for bigger maps with much more stuff happening, much more content, 20 vs 20 space battles with objectives, heroes of all the eras. Also it aims 60fps for consoles.

Geonosis looks incredible and Felucia too.

Most of the graphic comparisons are unfair, they compare for example 2015's tatooine (that looked AMAZING) against BF2's Tatooine...but they don't tell you that 2015's was a hallway with only rocks and BF2 is set in Mos Eisley full of houses where you can go inside, NPC's running around and the map is like x5 bigger with more objectives and vehicles.

BF2 Tatooine
maxresdefault.jpg
latest

2015's Tatooine

battlefront-leaked-alpha-tatooine-20_qmpa.jpg

Last edited:
I’d like to see more SP space missions added. Death Star battle, Battle of Endor, escape from Hoth, battle of Coruscant, asteroid fields, etc, there are infinite possibilities.

Guess I‘m gonna get one month of EA access for 3.99 and check this game out.

The game is $5 on Humble right now if you’re interested in playing it on PC. I’ve been playing it quite a bit recently, definitely worth $5 even to just fart around looking at shit. I’ve also been modding it.

Javthusiast

Banned
The game is $5 on Humble right now if you’re interested in playing it on PC. I’ve been playing it quite a bit recently, definitely worth $5 even to just fart around looking at shit. I’ve also been modding it.

Unfortunately my potato wouldn‘t handle it, so I have to play it on ps4.

LOLCats

Banned
I remembered i planned on playing the SP campaign, but they did something along the way and said F it and totally forgot about it lol.

maybe ill pick it up on pc

Dacon

Banned
I am very impressed by the single player suite in this game, and Battlefield 6 definitely needs something similar.

Just the fact that you can play pretty much all the game modes with bots makes this fucking amazing. Sometimes I just want to fucking shoot shit no cutscenes or setup, without the stress of MP with other players and bots are perfect for that.

Tschumi

What's this that's been said about battlefield 1 being better looking than 2? 2 is pretty hawt... I've not played 1, i enjoy everything about 2, as far as it goes!

Hudo

Forgive my ignorance but do any of the new Battlefront games have bots? Because bots were essential to my enjoyment of the classic Battlefront games (RIP Pandemic...).

keraj37

Forgive my ignorance but do any of the new Battlefront games have bots? Because bots were essential to my enjoyment of the classic Battlefront games (RIP Pandemic...).

There are bots in BF2 where you can setup a match but in BF1 there are also kind of, but only in some limited SP scenarios - so BF2 has much better bot support.

prag16

Banned
What's this that's been said about battlefield 1 being better looking than 2? 2 is pretty hawt... I've not played 1, i enjoy everything about 2, as far as it goes!
Having played both extensively Battlefront 1 did kind of have a cleaner look to it in some ways. Battlefront 2 has a lot more going on in most of the environments as has been noted. They both look great.

Stuart360

I am very impressed by the single player suite in this game, and Battlefield 6 definitely needs something similar.

Just the fact that you can play pretty much all the game modes with bots makes this fucking amazing. Sometimes I just want to fucking shoot shit no cutscenes or setup, without the stress of MP with other players and bots are perfect for that.
Did they add more modes with bots?, i played the game ageas ago and they only had like 3 or 4 different modes with bots.

JayK47

Just a reminder to those who do not have this game, it is currently free on Epic. I picked it up and thanks for letting me know there is more to the game than online modes. I tend to skip Dice games now that there are nothing but cheaters online.

I booted this up the other day for some Gamepass achievement after not having touched it since near launch and I actually got sucked in to the SP stuff for hours. I remember being underwhelmed at launch with everything being impossible to get but I managed to unlock a bunch of stuff, and have a great time too.

Top Bottom