• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think Hexing / Cursing / Black Magic is real?

C4lukin2

Banned
No it is bullshit. Sadly there is no magic. I wish it did exist, science exists though. And while a ton of it is theoretica. It is a better place to start then magic.

MetalAlien

Banned
No it is bullshit. Sadly there is no magic. I wish it did exist, science exists though. And while a ton of it is theoretica. It is a better place to start then magic.
Science is the art of not telling you what they don't understand. If you really press them they will admit the more they learn the less they know. It's all fucking magic. I'm not joking. Everything we know breaks down once you get deep enough and they just say "well this is good enough".

Tesseract

Banned
Science is the art of not telling you what they don't understand. If you really press them they will admit the more they learn the less they know. It's all fucking magic. I'm not joking. Everything we know breaks down once you get deep enough and they just say "well this is good enough".
giphy.gif

-Troid-

Banned
Stuff like this isn't real, but it can have an affect on someone psychologically. For instance one night I watched some youtube video about some random "cursed" image. The curse was something vague like if you see the image "you'll hear a loud noise and someone screaming."

A little later I was falling asleep and was woken out of it by some loud ass noise. It was just something falling on the floor from my upstairs neighbor's apartment but since I was half asleep and it was right above me it scared the shit out of me.

For a second the thought crossed my mind "omigoditwasthacurse!" But "hearing a loud noise" is something so vague that it was bound to happen whether I watched the video or not, but some people will believe that since they heard the noise (and not even the second part about screaming too), as convincing enough.

I could draw some picture of a demon and post it online and say some shit like "the day after you see this your piss will be slightly more yellow, and it's an omen of a tragedy to come." Consciously you'll forget about it but it'll be fresh enough in your mind subconsciously so that when you piss in the morning no matter what color your piss is you'll be thinking "huh my piss looks a little more yellow I think."

It's just vague shit that plays with your mind like Cold Reading.

Scotty W

I recall when Jordan Peterson was on Joe Rogan’s podcast one time he mentioned a tribe in Papua New Guinea where, people believed that the closer a person was to you- ie, a blood relation, the more black magical power that person had over you, which leads to some harsh social distancing.

I used to live with a bunch of guys from that part of the world- all of them utterly hate black magic. Real or not, the social effects that the belief has are real.

One of these islanders told me he “loves colonialism and the missionaries” for getting rid of that stuff. You won’t hear that at university,

Top Bottom