• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think Zelda (GC) will come out late 2005 or early 2006?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I only found out yesterday that it would come out around this time. I was expecting it to come out at the end of this year, but what do you think is more likely. Late 2005 or early 2006? Also, does anyone know the release date for Zelda in Japan?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Its 2k5 locked IMO. They may as well turn it into a Revolution title if it doesn't make christmas 2005.

psycho_snake

Li Mu Bai said:
It will release in September or October of '05.
in the US right? lets just hope so. Any later and they should turnh it into a revolution launch title.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
psycho_snake said:
in the US right? lets just hope so. Any later and they should turnh it into a revolution launch title.

Yeah PS, in NA. It's actually been in development much longer than people realize. But this is the one Nintendo franchise where EAD spares no expense, & generally takes the most time with. WW was quite costly to produce, this looks to be even moreso.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Although psycho_snake, the Revolution will not be launching before 3rd qtr. of '06. No need to retool it for the next-gen of consoles.

cvxfreak

I think Nintendo would be wise to release it in the first half of next year, barring their E3 2005 comments. I just think next year might be a little too late for Zelda GC 2 to give the system a big push.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I would be completely dumbfounded if this wasn't released by the end of 2005. Completely.

Chrono

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
I think Nintendo would be wise to release it in the first half of next year, barring their E3 2005 comments. I just think next year might be a little too late for Zelda GC 2 to give the system a big push.

I'm still waiting for Nintendo to surprise us in space world '04 and release Zelda spring '05. :(

psycho_snake

Gunsmoke said:
. . . does it really fucking matter when 'we' think it might come out ?
does it make it come quicker ? My girlfriend does that already.

XBOX 2, PS3, PSP, NDS, REVOLUTION *STOP PRESS*. . . Zelda GC.
It's gonna loose the spotlight believe me.
drugs are bad mkay

Alcibiades

Considering the magnitude of this title, this is probably going to be a late November (the Monday before Thankgiving) release in 2005, especially since it's a one-player game (not as much replayability), so the point is to maximize holiday sales... (enough time to sell, but not so much that people sell back the game/lend it out/trade it/etc).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't years of video game fandom taught you guys to expect the later release date as being more plausible?

I think they're going to be aiming for a November U.S. release, but there's a good chance they miss it.

Alcibiades

I think it's silly to consider any release date before November (unless XBox 2 launches before that), since basically Nintendo will put their biggest title for the year in the November timeslot...

The only thing that could possibly shake things up is Mario 128, but I would expect Zelda to be their November title no matter what, since Mario would have more staying power...

As much as I'd like to see the new Zelda on the GC, I think it would be an extremely smart move and an ace up their sleeve if they were to hold out and use it for a Revolution launch title.

As we all know, this generation is pretty much all wrapped up, and Nintendo isn't exactly winning over the world. However, with a mega game like the new Zelda to launch the next system with, Revolution is garanteed an advantage and a great start in the next round of battle...

clipunderground said:
As much as I'd like to see the new Zelda on the GC, I think it would be an extremely smart move and an ace up their sleeve if they were to hold out and use it for a Revolution launch title.

As we all know, this generation is pretty much all wrapped up, and Nintendo isn't exactly winning over the world. However, with a mega game like the new Zelda to launch the next system with, Revolution is garanteed an advantage and a great start in the next round of battle...
Fuck that noise!

ge-man

Whose to say that the game won't be released early next year. Nintendo promised a playable version at the next E3--they did not say whether that version would be a work in progress or a retail version. The engines is practically done, and with a nearly a year for content development, I would be surprised if the game is released later in 2005 for any other reasons beyond wanting to have a huge holiday title.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
clipunderground said:

I think releasing the game in late 2005 would help them more because it will remind people that they support their systems until the end instead of cutting their losses and running ala Sega and Microsoft.

A proper Mario game will be enough to boost the Revolution launch.

trippingmartian said:
Fuck that noise!

hey mister, I want zelda just as much as you, but I'm thinking of what would be best for nintendo to compete with an already stiff market. people will eat up this game when it launches. If it was on their new system, they would have to beat people off with sticks to keep from running out of stock.

JC10001 said:
I think releasing the game in late 2005 would help them more because it will remind people that they support their systems until the end instead of cutting their losses and running ala Sega and Microsoft.

A proper Mario game will be enough to boost the Revolution launch.

well, that proper mario game can come out on the cube then. they've been working on it long enough, don't you think? :p Plus it gives them even more time to make sure this next zelda is the pinnicle of gaming. Seriously, what better game could they have to launch their next system with? I doubt mario could stack up personally.

Chrono

Banned
I don't think Zelda will be moved to the Revolution. If Miyamoto had any doubt about the system I don't think he would've revealed it in E3 2004. Remember that Mario 128 has been in development for a long time but they did not show it because they're still undecided on which console to put it on? Right now I think nintendo is either deciding whether to release both Mario 128 and Zelda for the cube, or just Zelda for the cube and move Mario 128 to the Revolution.

Also, we already know how the next Zelda will look. I want something completely new to debate for the Revolution and not an 'upgrade' of a game that transfered to it.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Gunsmoke said:
And get it in your head, there will be no more Space Worlds. EVER !

I don't think you can conclusively state that, as Nintendo was actually strongly considering bringing SpaceWorld back this year at one point. I don't think they're going to, but the fact that it was in debate proves that there's still some hope left for future shows.

Chrono said:
Nintendo should release it the same day xbox 2 launches.

Although it might not be on the exact same day, if what we're hearing about Xenon is true, LoZ may very well end up releasing right around the same time as Microsoft's new console. It's probably not intentional, but it'll be interesting nonetheless.

For the record, LoZ will NOT shift to the Revolution, and the chances of it slipping into 2k6 are slim to none, IMO.

Kobun Heat said:
ARGH JESUS MOTHERBITCHING CHRIST

It's not coming out on the fucking Revolution. Did you miss E3?

Relax conehead, I was just giving an opinion. I think it would make a great launch title and boost them ahead in the next battle. Also, who gives a shit what they said at E3, since when has Nintendo's words stuck in stone?! :rollseyes

psycho_snake

I agree with clipunderground in a way. A zelda and a mario as launch titles for revolution would be exactly what Nintendo needs to put them in the lead of PS3 and Xbox 2/Xenon.

On the other hand, I think its a good idea that they did put it on the GC. If they abandoned the GC a year or so before the revolution comes out, then that could be bad for the revolution.

Top Bottom