• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA4 tops the UK charts!

Izzy

Banned
Excellent performance by X360 software:

Top 40 said:
- 1 DEAD OR ALIVE 4 TEAM NINJA MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
1 2 NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED EA CANADA EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
2 3 KING KONG: OFFICIAL GAME OF THE MOVIE UBISOFT UBISOFT UBISOFT
3 4 THE SIMS 2 MAXIS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
4 5 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5 KONAMI CORPORATION KONAMI KONAMI
5 6 FIFA 06 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
9 7 CALL OF DUTY 2 INFINITY WARD ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
6 8 GRAND THEFT AUTO: LIBERTY CITY STORIES ROCKSTAR LEEDS ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
16 9 PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 3 BIZARRE CREATIONS MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
7 10 STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II PANDEMIC STUDIOS LUCASARTS LUCASARTS
8 11 WWE SMACKDOWN! VS RAW 2006 YUKE'S THQ THQ
13 12 NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH & WARDROBE TRAVELLER'S TALES DISNEY INTERACTIVE BUENA VISTA GAMES
11 13 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2006 SPORTS INTERACTIVE SEGA SEGA
27 14 PERFECT DARK ZERO RARE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
19 15 THE SIMPSONS: HIT & RUN RADICAL ENTERTAINMENT PLATINUM VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES
12 16 SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG SONIC TEAM SEGA SEGA
10 17 GUN NEVERSOFT ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
- 18 CONDEMNED: CRIMINAL ORIGINS MONOLITH SEGA SEGA
23 19 LEGO STAR WARS TRAVELLER'S TALES PLATINUM TT GAMES
18 20 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 06 EA REDWOOD SHORES EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
15 21 TRUE CRIME: NEW YORK CITY LUXOFLUX ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
14 22 PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE TWO THRONES UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT
20 23 BUZZ! THE MUSIC QUIZ RELENTLESS STUDIOS SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
24 24 GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS ROCKSTAR NORTH ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
17 25 HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE EA CHERTSEY EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 26 NINTENDOGS: LAB & FRIENDS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
21 27 SONIC HEROES SONIC TEAM PLATINUM SEGA
- 28 BURNOUT REVENGE CRITERION EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
22 29 CALL OF DUTY 2: BIG RED ONE TREYARCH ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
29 30 50 CENT: BULLETPROOF GENUINE GAMES SIERRA VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES
38 31 QUAKE 4 RAVEN SOFTWARE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
30 32 MARIO KART DS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
35 33 SONIC RUSH SONIC TEAM SEGA SEGA
28 34 CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY HIGH VOLTAGE GLOBAL STAR TAKE 2
31 35 AGE OF EMPIRES III ENSEMBLE STUDIOS MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
34 36 CRAZY FROG RACER NEKO ENTERTAINMENT UBISOFT UBISOFT
33 37 CRASH TAG TEAM RACING RADICAL ENTERTAINMENT SIERRA VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES
- 38 TORINO 2006 49GAMES 2K SPORTS TAKE 2
26 39 TIMESPLITTERS: FUTURE PERFECT FREE RADICAL DESIGN EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
40 40 BATTLEFIELD 2: MODERN COMBAT DIGITAL ILLUSIONS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

Discuss.

Wow. DoA 4 + Condemned + PGR3, really good week for X360. It is probably more or less back in stock.

Btw. 3 DS exclusives are in the top 40 (Nintendogs Lab + Sonic Rush + MK DS), which didn't happen often afair.

fronn

Why is it that Europe so consistantly has the worst tastes in games? (previous weeks are more solid examples: Shadow the hedgehog, and Crazy Frog say hello!)

I suppose NA and Japan have a fair share (majority) of their lists as crappy games too, but Europe seems to take the cake.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Frankfurter said:
Wow. DoA 4 + Condemned + PGR3, really good week for X360. It is probably more or less back in stock.

Btw. 3 DS exclusives are in the top 40 (Nintendogs Lab + Sonic Rush + MK DS), which didn't happen often afair.

Remember, game sales are low overall at the moment, so it's the committed gamers out there making these games appear.

Good performance by DOA4, though. It's got some good ads on TV - actually funny and with ACTUAL game footage in it.

I guess this means Sony better start cracking on showing off that GODDAMNED PLAYSTATION FUCKING 3 ALREADY!@~@~@~@@!@!~#$!~^$W&U%!DWJCF!M@T!*

ioi

Banned
Mr Mike said:
Remember, game sales are low overall at the moment, so it's the committed gamers out there making these games appear.

Good performance by DOA4, though. It's got some good ads on TV - actually funny and with ACTUAL game footage in it.

Agreed, it probably 'only' takes about 25k to hit top spot at the moment. That aside, it's a good performance from X360 and nice to see DS doing ok as well (I can see Sonic Rush being a pretty solid seller in the end, it on;y just hovered outside the top 40 all over xmas)...

dorio

Banned
Mr Mike said:

There should be committed gamers on every platform.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
These results were from the one week ive walked past game and seen the "NOW BACK IN STOCK" 360 banner in the GAME window, walked past the morning and they are sold out again :rolleyes

This plus the fact that its January so there are no big releases (other than DOA4) probably explains 360's chart positions.

dorio

Banned
Ghost said:
These results were from the one week ive walked past game and seen the "NOW BACK IN STOCK" 360 banner in the GAME window, walked past the morning and they are sold out again :rolleyes

This plus the fact that its January so there are no big releases (other than DOA4) probably explains 360's chart positions.
I don't get this reasoning. What does that have to do with the fact that the 360 has multiple titles in the top 10 and only one of those titles is a new release.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
dorio said:
My point is that I didn't think it would have the install base to support a no. 1, 7, and 9 game.
Don't mind him, he's been stealth-trolling xbox 360 since his first day here.
Edit: nevermind, I read that wrong.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
People have finally been able to pick up 360's..so the software sales have gone up.

Im sure the software numbers are still pretty small because:

A. 360 supply is still limited, GAME were only stocking stores not their online shop
B. 360 install base is dwarfed by that of PS2, Xbox and even Gamecube, if there had been anything new for those install bases to buy, 360 would have been off the chart.

I must apologise on behalf on my country for DOA4 being able to top the chart.

I am however pleased to see Condemned in there! :D

Oh and Go Sega! 5 games in the Top 40 :)

dorio

Banned
Ghost said:
People have finally been able to pick up 360's..so the software sales have gone up.

Im sure the software numbers are still pretty small because:

A. 360 supply is still limited, GAME were only stocking stores not their online shop
B. 360 install base is dwarfed by that of PS2, Xbox and even Gamecube, if there had been anything new for those install bases to buy, 360 would have been off the chart.
I see. So there were no major new ps2 releases.

Sonic Rush has stayed its position in the full price chart and climbed the all price chart a couple of places. I'm glad to see it doing better. Out of all the Sonic games UKers could buy, this is the best. And you all know we love our Sonic. Mario Kart falls a tiny bit, but its probably not dropping off for a while yet. Nintendogs Lab & Friends looks like a re-entry.. Dachsund & Friends re-entered the full price chart too, maybe Nintendo are getting on top of dogs shipments.

Microsoft have a strong publishing presence on the full price charts this week. 4/40 (3 of them on the all price chart too). Compared with EAs 6/40, or Nintendo's 3/40. I hear premium packs are starting to trickle back in -- this could be that.

dorio

Banned
jedimike said:
Well, it's certainly better than the Xbox launch. Too bad MS can't make any headway in Japan.
If you can't make headway in Japan, go after the next biggest market. Btw, what's the largest videogame market after Japan and the US?

Danj

Amused_To_Death said:
DOA4 on 360 doing better than NFS on 8 platforms? UK Gamers beginning to see the light??? :)

I would love to believe that. Unfortunately I suspect that once boobie fever dies down, DoA4 will drop down to the middle of the charts somewhere and EA will once again reaffirm their pwnage of UK gaming.

Chi-Town

It took the Xbox 19 months in the UK to have an exclusive title hit number 1(Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic).

jedimike

dorio said:
If you can't make headway in Japan, go after the next biggest market. Btw, what's the largest videogame market after Japan and the US?

I don't know about individual countries, but US>>Europe>>>Japan. I'm sure Korea is getting up there and China will be huge. What's up with Russia? I know they make games... do they play them on consoles or is it pretty much just a PC world?

Furoba

fronn said:
Why is it that Europe so consistantly has the worst tastes in games? (previous weeks are more solid examples: Shadow the hedgehog, and Crazy Frog say hello!)

I suppose NA and Japan have a fair share (majority) of their lists as crappy games too, but Europe seems to take the cake.

UK is not Europe...

dorio said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess that it is the UK.

GhaleonEB

Chi-Town said:
It took the Xbox 19 months in the UK to have an exclusive title hit number 1(Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic).
I think that's worth repeating.

I'm interested whether MS will try to keep the system allocations similar as new units are produced.

Dante

I am actually enjoying this game quite a bit. The fmv cut scenes though keep making me wish the game had proper lighting, and decent hair in game.

Kunai

Despite DOA4's extended development, Itagaki confirms that there still are a few problems with playing the game on Xbox Live, and Team Ninja is working hard to fix the issues. He told the magazine that currently his team is having problems figuring out whether it's Xbox Live or the game itself that's causing the issues. He said the first update is scheduled for mid- February. Aside from bug fixes, it will also feature some minor changes to the game's interface.

Itagaki also told Famitsu Xbox 360 that plans to release new outfits for DO4 characters via Xbox Live Marketplace have been put off due to budget and staffing issues. However, Itagaki did say that fans and Team Ninja members had expressed interest in new costumes--and that if such costumes are ever made, they would not be free.

After DOAXBV2, Itagaki say he will release an "action game." However, he hinted that the title in question won't be a sequel to Ninja Gaiden, which means it will either be Project Progressive, Dead or Alive Code: Cronus, or another title. He says the keyword for the game will be "interactivity," which will also go for the next Ninja Gaiden. He did not elaborate.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/story.php?sid=6143335

Shompola

Banned
Wait.. DOA4 outsold every other game in just a couple of days? Impressive. Wonder if it will be in first spot next week aswell.

GhaleonEB

Shompola said:
Wait.. DOA4 outsold every other game in just a couple of days? Impressive. Wonder if it will be in first spot next week aswell.
I'm going out on a limb and predicting a big drop.

ioi

Banned
araganekyassuru said:
to be fair it went up against games that had been on the chart for weeks

that's why I want sale numbers to see how well it really did

I'd guess around 25-30k tops...

Phranky

Banned
Frankfurter said:

I bought Sonic Rush the other day... coincidence? I think not.

Top Bottom