• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Strange |Spoiler Thread| htoggoH fo stsoH yraoH eht yB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
YFDiKP1.png

Doctor Strange will begin its wide release next week, meaning spoilers are coming. To avoid the OT looking like a barcode, this is the thread to discuss the movie openly without spoiler tags. Anything goes, so beware spoilerphobes.

There won't be any spoiler tags here, so it's your own damn fault after this post if you read anything you didn't want to know.

Thanks to George Oscar Bluth II for the thread title.

LINKS:
Doctor Strange |OT| By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth
Doctor Strange Review Thread

Platy

So what are the post credits stuff that if you read and see some rumors you know exactly what they are ?

Thor is the first one but what is the second ?

iFirez

I am sat in my seat, popcorn in one arm -- the movie is about to begin. Anyone else seeing this today for some spoiler discussions?

Cth

So what are the post credits stuff that if you read and see some rumors you know exactly what they are ?

Wasn't the second one with Mordo killing someone to take their power ala Sinestro at the end of GL?

Yeah, I'd like to know this too (including what, specifically, happens with the Thor stuff).

I internally geeked out when Mordo mentioned the Staff of the Living Tribinal.
Dormarmu, is he in?
DORMAMMU IS IN, SON. YEAH, BOI.

Though I was a liiiittle bit disappointed with how he looked. Almost just like the comics save for the eyes, which (understandably) were more expressive.

Mordo turning nasty.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Though I was a liiiittle bit disappointed with how he looked. Almost just like the comics save for the eyes, which (understandably) were more expressive.

One of my top 3 comic book villains of all time, and I finally get him in a movie and he looks crappy? NOOOOOOOOOO. Marvel you had ONE JOB.

One of my top 3 comic book villains of all time, and I finally get him in a movie and he looks crappy? NOOOOOOOOOO. Marvel you had ONE JOB.
Not crappy at all! You only see a close-up of his face (and the visuals are really cool, I'll tell you that) but I'm just a little disappointed it wasn't a 1:1 adaptation of the comics appearance. Just a minor gripe for me.

M U H D I C K

Not crappyat all! You only see a close-up of his face (and the visuals are really cool, I'll tell you that) but I'm just a little disappointed it wasn't a 1:1 adaptation of the comics appearance. Just a minor gripe for me.

Yo as long as it isn't like Galactus in Rise of the Silver Surfer bad I'll take it.

Any Shambala teases other than the Wi-Fi joke?

Is there an Infinity Stone?

I believe the Eye of Agamotto is considered one.

kris.

Banned
just wanna know how good Mads is

is his villain actually well-written at all or blegh like most of the other MCU villains

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not crappyat all! You only see a close-up of his face (and the visuals are really cool, I'll tell you that) but I'm just a little disappointed it wasn't a 1:1 adaptation of the comics appearance. Just a minor gripe for me.

Ok that's better. I'll take it. But I friggin LOVE his armor/spiked design so damn hard. I wanted that too.

Also MINDLESS ONES, Y'ALL!
Is it possible for Dormammu to return?
Yep.
Is there an Infinity Stone?
Yah, the Eye of Agammoto.
Any Shambala teases other than the Wi-Fi joke?
Not from what I remember.
just wanna know how good Mads is

is his villain actually well-written at all or blegh like most of the other MCU villains
I feel like he was wasted but still ended up one of the better villains of the MCU... which doesn't mean much.
Ok that's better. I'll take it. But I friggin LOVE his armor/spiked design so damn hard. I wanted that too.
Probably saving it for the sequel!

Certinty

Can someone explain this. Sorry if it's been mentioned before.

Strange was mentioned in The Winter Soldier but judging from the awards he has in his place he only became Doctor Strange this year?

Fandangox

We get a good amount of him.

Comparable to Thanos in GoTG then? Im kind of surprised that he is in cause I was kind of low-key on finding out about the movie, and this is the first time I see he is in.

Strange was mentioned in The Winter Soldier but judging from the awards he has in his place he only became Doctor Strange this year?

That was an algorithm that would predict people that would eventually become a thorn for Hydra's side, not necessarily had to be super powered people, nor the program knew that they would become such.

Certinty

That was an algorithm that would predict people that would eventually become a thorn for Hydra's side, not necessarily had to be super powered people, nor the program knew that they would become such.
Ah wow, didn't remember that scene well just him being named. Thanks, that's pretty nice how it all added up.

Toxi

Banned

Not a fan of this if it's what I'm imagining.

How's the action? Trailers and clips made it look like magic-enhanced martial arts. Good choreography, or the usual flaws like lots of edits?

I know he is mostly a background character, but does Scott Adkins get to do anything cool in the movie? Some behind-the-scenes footage showed him landing his Guyver Kick on Dr. Strange, did that make it in?

Blue Lou

I didn't know him by name but he had a fairly substantial role - third biggest villain of the movie.

His scene reminds me Ghost with Patrick Swayze, actually.

Who is he then ?
Kaecilius. Former student of the Ancient One but he finds out about Dormammu and the Dark Dimension, and believes that joining him will save humanity.
How's the action? Trailers and clips made it look like magic-enhanced martial arts. Good choreography, or the usual flaws like lots of edits?
It's mostly magic-fu. I think the choreography was good and editing was fine. Not too many cuts from what I remember.
I know he is mostly a background character, but does Scott Adkins get to do anything cool in the movie? Some behind-the-scenes footage showed him landing his Guyver Kick on Dr. Strange, did that make it in?
He got a unique (and funny at times) fight with Strange. Magic-Fu and more.

Platy

a friend said that in the begining he receives a call to fix someone's spine that was fucked up after a "experimental armor tests" which makes the begining of this movie around Iron Man 2

Dalek

For anyone that has seen it-Did you think it was kid friendly? My 8 year old daughter wants to see it but my wife sees the PG-13 rating and is weary. It looks fairly tame to me-nothing more violent than Harry Potter.

For anyone that has seen it-Did you think it was kid friendly? My 8 year old daughter wants to see it but my wife sees the PG-13 rating and is weary. It looks fairly tame to me-nothing more violent than Harry Potter.

Haven't seen it, but it's only descriptor's are action-violence and frightening images. I imagine that it'll be on par with the rest of the Marvel films. Has she seen any of those?

Dalek

Haven't seen it, but it's only descriptor's are action-violence and frightening images. I imagine that it'll be on par with the rest of the Marvel films. Has she seen any of those?

Yes she has-but we go through this whole song and dance everytime with my wife. She for some reason views PG-13 as a definitive thing.

That said...Batman vs. Superman is Pg-13 and there's no way in hell I'd let her watch that.

She's seen Avengers, Age of Ulton, Guardians, Thor, Ant-Man and Civil War.

Dalek

What're the two post credits scenes?

I haven't even seen it yet but I can tell you.

1. Thor meets Strange and needs help finding Loki and Odin. Strange agrees to help with one catch-that once they are found, they and Thor must never return to Earth.

I don't know why Thor knows that Loki is alive, first of all. But I haven't seen the scene so I can't say. Also-Strange is kind of a dick to Thor if you ask me.

2. Mordo reveals his true colors-and pulls the magic out of a man who cured his own paralysis with magic.

EDIT: But why take it from me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz6U_6fiqMY

Leks

a friend said that in the begining he receives a call to fix someone's spine that was fucked up after a "experimental armor tests" which makes the begining of this movie around Iron Man 2

You can read 2016 written in one of his awards, before the car accident.

Litan

What're the two post credits scenes?
Strange tells someone, hidden in shadows, he is keeping a list of dangerous people from other dimensions and notes that his guest has brought his brother, Loki, to Earth. Strange wants to know why. Thor reveals that he and his brother are searching for his missing father and promises to leave when they are done. Satisfied, Strange offers his help. Also, Strange offered Thor tea but he doesn't drink tea, so he magically transforms it to a glass of beer that refills itself. Thor is pleased.

Mordo tracks down the crippled-but-now-healed man who told Strange where to find the temple. He takes the man's power from him, in the form of a yellow ball of energy. The man immediately loses control of his legs again. Mordo reveals his disdain for the misuse of this sorcery and that the problem with the world is too many sorcerers.

Strange tells someone, hidden in shadows, he is keeping a list of dangerous people from other dimensions and notes that his guest has brought his brother, Loki, to Earth. Strange wants to know why. Thor reveals that he and his brother are searching for his missing father and promises to leave when they are done. Satisfied, Strange offers his help. Also, Strange offered Thor tea but he doesn't drink tea, so he magically transforms it to a glass of beer that refills itself. Thor is pleased.

Wait so Thor 2 has been retconned out?

Well Loki should still be King of Asgard-and Odin has been banished. The only thing is-how does Thor know this. In Dark World, he *saw* Loki die, so he has no reason to think he's alive.
Sounds like this takes place after Thor 3: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom