• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Bullet Club

Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Join the Thirteenth and Tenth Doctors on a quest to save the universe.

YEskG2n.jpg

Maze Theory, BBC Studios, and Just Add Water have announced Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality, a first-person adventure sequel to the virtual reality title Doctor Who: The Edge of Time, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. It will launch in spring 2021.

Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:

About

Join Thirteenth Doctor Jodie Whittaker and Tenth Doctor David Tennant on a quest to save reality in a new console and PC game.
Doctor Who: The Edge Of Reality reimagines last year’s VR experience with brand-new gameplay, new monsters and new worlds to explore.
Wield the sonic screwdriver on a quest to save the universe, guided by the Thirteenth Doctor, voiced by Jodie Whittaker, who is this time joined by the Tenth Doctor, voiced by David Tennant.

Key Features
  • Console and PC – Built with current and next-generation consoles in mind, Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality features new worlds to explore, new puzzles, new challenges and new gameplay.
  • Original Doctor Who Story – Uncover a universe-spanning threat as you seek to save reality from a series of time-breaking glitches. Continue the story that began in The Edge of Time and partner with the Doctor to unearth a greater mystery.
  • New Enemies and A.I. – Come face-to-face with classic Doctor Who monsters including the Daleks and Weeping Angels. Experience the metal-clad terror of the Cybermen and more foes yet to be revealed.
Watch the teaser trailer below.

Source: Gematsu

Soodanim

Gold Member
I like Doctor Who, but I have no idea what the gameplay is. Haven’t watched the Jodie W series, but Tennant immediately piqued my interest. Nothing to do but wait, I guess.

Continual rotation of Dalek/Cybermen/Weeping Angels - I thought the old canon was dead to Chibnall?
The worst ratings in the shows history have had them scrabbling to try and woo fans back with old villains returning.

Of course they can't right good fiction for toffee, and put their political agenda before continuity, so they've generally ruined all the things they've brought back, further pissing fans off instead.

Basically it's gone as well as everything else they've done.

sCHOCOLATE

Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker or Peter Davidson in a DW game would have been gangbusters.

This 10th and 13th Doctor offering...not so much.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The best doctor, and the worst one

Top Bottom