• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does ANYONE hate shrimp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck yeah, greatest food ever. I could eat through cold, raw shrimp ALL DAY LONG. Especially the larger ones....man.

malek4980

Rosa Parks hater
I love shrimp. Now that I think of it shrimp has to be one of my favorite foods. Unfortunately I rarely eat shrimp, maybe like 6 times a year.

M

muphins

Unconfirmed Member
I hate shrimp. I hate pretty much all seafood.

GhaleonEB

YES.

I just got back from a two week trip to Malaysia, where shrimp (called prawns there) are in everything. I HATE HATE HATE shrimp and most seafood. (I do like some fish, tho.) Just posting to answer your question.

Edit: Oh shit.

border

ghs2.gif

Willco

Hollywood Square
muphins said:
I hate shrimp. I hate pretty much all seafood.

You're like that one fucker who hates The Empire Strikes Back. In a perfect world, you two would be round up and lit aflame for our Shrimp Scampi cookout.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Shrimp is great, but if you aren't in a seafood restaurant it's hard to get in medium to large quantities. My local chinese takeout puts like 4 large ones in their "sweet and sour shrimp". Wha?

GhaleonEB

Vandiger said:
I swear if you are a vegan you will be virtually kicked in the teeth :p

I've got a Blue Pants said:
All you losers who don't like it are surely pedophiles.

Willco said:
You're like that one fucker who hates The Empire Strikes Back. In a perfect world, you two would be round up and lit aflame for our Shrimp Scampi cookout.

jenov4 said:
Anyone who hates shrimp will get a roundhouse kick to the face from Chuck Norris.

See? See why you shouldn't eat shrimp? It induces violence! Worse than any videogame!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Willco said:
I am eating cold shrimp with cocktail sauce - right now! - in spite of all the haters!

I'm not a big fan of cold shrimp, but I do like shrimp, they're great.

Mr Jared

Hate shrimp? How can you hate shrimp? Shrimp is the fruit of the sea! You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. There's shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich...

That's about it.

Willco said:
What if I love shrimp with an unholy passion (have some in my freezer right now!) but I hate Star Wars? Would you just partially light me on fire? or would you light me all the way, but let me eat shrimp while I died?

I've Got a Blue Pants said:
All you losers who don't like it are surely pedophiles.
Is...is that a Brass Eye refrence? :O

Thaedolus

Gold Member
pnjtony said:
I don't eat anything that lives in the water

QFT. I HATE the taste of fish. Any fishiness is a total gag for me. The only thing I can tolerate is a tuna sandwich, and only if it's loaded with mayo and other crap to mask the fact I'm eating fish. If I have shrimp come on a plate with other food on it, I get pissed because I can taste the nasty shrimpiness on my other food. I don't know what it is, but I just can't eat fish (and believe me, I've tried)

pnjtony

Wow, me too....Tuna on a very rare occasion with enough mayo that it's not tuna anymore. Although tuna isn't really all that fishy to begin with which adds to my rare tolerance.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
LOL, didn't expect all this shrimp love in this thread. I'm a shrimp lover myself, and if you are too, I highly recommend trying Killer Shrimp or Bourbon Street Shrimp. There's a Killer Shrimp in Studio City and one in Marina Del Rey. The only thing on the menu is shrimp... that's it! Willco, you live in LA, right? Tell me you've been to both of those places. If not, you're not a true shrimp lover, and you should have your membership revoked until you right this injustice.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I can understand not liking roe or innards(seafood or not, ugh), but I love seafood meat. Fish(even sashimi :D), Shrimp, Lobster, Crab, Clams, Squid.... mmm... squid.

SpiffyG

MaverickX9 said:
I agree. I can only stomach shrimp if it is fried. Cooked won't do, it must be fried.
Same here. I tried eating shrimp at a Chinese restaurant and it was crunchy (because of the shell). Gross!

I don't like seafood very much...

I'm also addicted to shrimp [flavored] ramen, and even the cuppa' noodles with the little shrimp bits in them are pretty tastey, IMO.

Miguel

WordAssassin said:
I'm also addicted to shrimp [flavored] ramen, and even the cuppa' noodles with the little shrimp bits in them are pretty tastey, IMO.

I see you like shrimp flavored cardboard

...please don't kick my ass.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
WordAssassin said:

On a side note, I was in a Vietnamese restaurant today, and was shocked to find shrimp-flavored orange noodles in my soup. Maybe I'm late to the party, but this was a first for me.

Mihail

Banned
Does anyone from NY know the restaurant Cabana? They have coconut shrimp that is just heavenly. Well, I only tried it in Forest Hills -- don't know about the other 2(?) locations.

Miguel said:
I see you like shrimp flavored cardboard

...please don't kick my ass.
:lol

The cuppa' noodles are good, but I've stopped eating them. Looong time ago I stopped, actually. Something about them changed and the noodles just...sucked. The old kind was good though.
But I still like the shrimp ramen. (NOT Top Ramen, because that shit DOES taste like cardboard. I'm talking about the other cardboard ramen..what is it... Machu...Ma.. Something with a M-name and a :) logo. )

Sadly, even though I live within walking distance of the "Asian Ghetto" in Berkeley, I've never had real shrimp ramen yet.

Someday....

Shrimp is the lobster you can eat everyday. :D Had some for dinner tonight, but I didn't eat any because I was full from the bacon ultimate cheeseburger and bacon cheddar potato wedges I got after reading the Triple Whopper thread. :(

CrystalGemini said:
Shrimp is the lobster you can eat everyday. :D Had some for dinner tonight, but I didn't eat any because I was full from the bacon ultimate cheeseburger and bacon cheddar potato wedges I got after reading the Triple Whopper thread. :(
Hahahaha! That thread got you too! :lol :lol

ronito

Had shrimp for dinner once, was sick for the next three days. So yes, I hate shrimp. I hate it like I hate death, hell, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom