• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Blockbuster still rent systems?

Does Blockbuster or any chains you know of rent systems? I used to get coupons in GamePro back in the day to rent PlayStation, did that a couple of times...I only ask b/c I'd love to try out Wii before diving in...

woxel1

If they do rent systems, it's in the launch window of said console, not several years after the fact.

afaik BB no longer rents any systems.

at my store though, we have like, a dozen old n64 renatl systems sitting in the back. i dont know why. i think they forgot about them.

adg1034

Sgt. Killjoy said:

at my store though, we have like, a dozen old n64 renatl systems sitting in the back. i dont know why. i think they forgot about them.

Could you... procure one for a fellow GAFfer?

Sgt. Killjoy said:

I used to rent the N64 when my mom wouldnt let me buy one. :)

Carlisle

If not, then you could always track down a GS/EB kiosk. Yeah, it won't be the best experience, but at least you'll have SOME experience to go off of when deciding whether to get one.

I rented an Xbox and Cube when they were released.

Called up a few buds and we played the crap out of them for weekend each. Reminded me of when the N64 launched - it was a blast. Good times.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This is my requisite post to say that Blockbuster is a corporate shithole that has zero customer service and hates freedom.

PantherLotus said:
This is my requisite post to say that Blockbuster is a corporate shithole that has zero customer service and hates freedom.

pretty much. my manager is a total bitch to every customer that walks in.

Costco.

Just throw one on your credit card beat whatever game you want and take it back.

Did this for the orginal Xbox and im planning on doing it for the 360.

Vangellis

Way back in the day I used to work there when I was still in HS. I remember those damn systems always getting stolen. Crap was always busted and they wanted a hefty deposit. We used to keep all the games in drawers behind the counter... man it used to suck to have to search for a game someone misplaced. I remember when we got the virtual boy in the store... man that was terrible lol.

Top Bottom