• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does looking at your friends list on Xbox.com make you bitter?

Tiger

Banned
For those of you who don't know, if you have a 360 setup on Xbox Live you can view your friends list at any time on Xbox.com.

So, sometimes on a slow day at work i'll browse my list and see what people are up to. I can't help but feel a touch of jealousy when I see numerous people playing games throughout the day on on a regular basis. :/

Friends ListFriends Online: 6
Total Friends: 94

DaviVsJapan Online Playing Perfect Dark Zero
Fighting in OldTown Losing At Eradication

goldenpp72 Online Playing Perfect Dark Zero
Using the dPAL

Kade45 Online Playing PlayOnline Viewer
FINAL FANTASY XI

PhatSaqs Online Joinable - Playing DEAD OR ALIVE 4
Playing Winner-Stays as Christie on DOA Online

raYne Online Playing DEAD OR ALIVE 4
Playing Survival with 26 wins as Ryu Hayabusa

RumZ512 Online Playing NHL 2K6
Playing NHL 2K6

It just makes me long for the good ol' days when I could game whenever I wanted and not worry about silly things like a mortgage and a full time job. :lol

railGUN

Banned
I feel your pain... Hell, I refuse to install MSN Messenger at work, simply because all my east coast xbox friends start pestering me to get on live 3 hours before I'm even off work... bastards...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
haha, it is the greatest gaming service. with the 360 it adds a whole new dimension of addiction being connected like that all the time.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Musashi Wins! said:
haha, it is the greatest gaming service. with the 360 it adds a whole new dimension of addiction being connected like that all the time.

its like a really bad mmorpg

railGUN

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
You can view your friends list on XBox.com without having a 360.

true, and you can view them with the "xbox" tab in MSN Messenger (assuming your logged into hotmail under the same hotmail you used to activate your live)...

Tiger

Banned
sp0rsk said:

In a way, this is true. I can't say enough about Xbox Live on 360 though. Once you play this console online, it feels difficult to play a system that isn't set up the same way. I'm truly hoping Nintendo and Sony rip off this system to some degree. I think they almost have to at this point.

sp0rsk said:

Quoted for truth.

I have a test Thursday, so I told my wife to hide my controller to make sure I study without any distractions.

I'm now on day three and I'm having serious withdrawal. Last night I just had to turn on the thing just to see who was playing. I feel so out of the loop......

demi

X360 has made my life miserable, and forced me to sell off my games.

Buy my games, help me buy a X360, HELP ME LIVE LIFE AGAIN

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God, I hate when I'm doing paperwork, and I log onto xbox.com to check something, and I see everyone on my list in a DOA4 lobby.

It makes me want to hate.

I love Live.

HEY WHITEMAN I BEAT YER DUMB GEOWARS SCORE! WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT WHILE IM AT WORK HUH? OH I KNOW! TRY! HAHA YOU WONT THO I AM BETTAR!`

raYne

:lol I try not to log check out my friends list away from home for that very reason. I broke down a few times and checked the stats (mostly for achievement #'s) and always felt like I was missing out. :/

Speaking of achievements, it's a pain in the ass to see friends with numbers into the high 8000s already.

Oh.. and having a day off rocks!

FinFan

raYne said:
Speaking of achievements, it's a pain in the ass to see friends with numbers into the high 8000s already.

Dang, I have....

16 Game(s) Played
1255 of 7100 Gamerscore

sad, I need more time....

The one thing I wish you could do is add notes to your Friendslist. Sometimes I add people and then I forget who they are based off their gamertag. Would be nice if you could make a small note to who they really are.

FinFan

MrAngryFace said:
No Xbox360 till you tighten up the graphics on level 3.

Those guys are the pioneers of split screen co-op, and his mother said he'd never get anywhere with these games! :lol

Tiger

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
The one thing I wish you could do is add notes to your Friendslist. Sometimes I add people and then I forget who they are based off their gamertag. Would be nice if you could make a small note to who they really are.

Good point. I hope they add this kind of thing soon.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
raYne said:
:lol I try not to log check out my friends list away from home for that very reason. I broke down a few times and checked the stats (mostly for achievement #'s) and always felt like I was missing out. :/

Oh.. and having a day off rocks!

8000?! Christ, do they play anything besides 360? I only have 2030, and I have 4 games...

TheTrin said:
8000?! Christ, do they play anything besides 360? I only have 2030, and I have 4 games...

I've got a couple of those overachievers (heh...) on my list as well.

I'm assuming that some people like to play games, or at least play them in a certain way, specifically boost their Gamerscore for the sake of having a big number to boast. There isn't anything wrong with that; but I don't feel compelled to do things I normally might not be inclined to do just for the sake of raising my score. Enjoyment comes first, and if I can earn achievement points for having a good time, then so be it! :)

On the other hand, the motivation to earn more points may prompt you to do new things and find that you actually enjoy certain games/playstyles that you wouldn't have known previously. So this Gamerscore thing is a good system, I'd say, provided that developers make the achievements worthwhile and interesting.

raYne

TheTrin said:
Well as you said, you only have four games. ;)

The people I'm referring to have way over that amount, some with 12+. To be fair though some of their games give away points too easily... (see Madden, King Kong, the NBA games etc)

I personally have 9 with a current gamerscore of 6665. I haven't even gotten started on the Live Arcade games that I've downloaded yet because I'm still busy with my current games.

Marty Chinn said:
Yeah, I was just thinking the same the other day. I wanted to do some friends list maintainance but didn't wanna delete the wrong people heh.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Looking at my friends list makes me crazy. All those people giving up current gen for crappy next-gen gaming. What a waste of money and time

Tabris

My friendslist (just filled with some GAFfers right now) makes me want to buy DOA4 and I hate the DOA series :(

Kinda hope retail ffxi xbox360 will have achievements.

Jonnyram

Tabris said:
My friendslist (just filled with some GAFfers right now) makes me want to buy DOA4 and I hate the DOA series :(
I'm the same. I wasn't going to touch the game with it's exorbitant Japan price, but I've had two invites in the past two days :(

Top Bottom