• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Medal of Honour: Frontline genuinely have the best video game score of all time?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Gott im Himmel! I mean, seriously, the soundtrack for that game was better than the musical compositions for many big budget movies, let alone a first person shooter. And all scored by Micheal Giacchino no less!

I mean....

DAT OPERATION MARKET GARDEN

DAT MANOR HOUSE RALLY

DAT STURMGEIST'S ARMOURED TRAIN

DAT ESCAPING GOTHA

DAT ARNHEM

sweat_guy_spiral_by_chadrocco-d866ob4.gif

Has this masterpiece of a soundtrack yet to be topped, Gaf? Or do you feel there's another contender?

Persona 5
Persona 3
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Virtue's Last Reward
Pokémon Colosseum
VA-11 HALL-A
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin 2
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Splatoon
Atelier Ayesha
Persona 4
Rayman 3
Banjo-Kazooie
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

I could go on editing this with better soundtracks forever, OP.

Fury451

Banned
It's one of the greatest for sure. Market Garden still plays in my mind from time to time. Masterful score.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
It's amazing. That whole game was a really amazing experience for the time. They dont make FPS like it anymore.

Arnhem Knights still chills my spine.
Love that game, I NEED a remaster.

The 'remaster' it got on PS3 was pathetically half-hearted.

Actually, I'd love a proper remake. Some of the stuff in there was really janky and the frame rate was shocking. Like, that first mission storming the beach was great, but the fact that you only see about 7 Allied soldiers on the beach breaks the illusion somewhat.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Will give it a listen later OP, I expect great things. Also did the composer do Rogue One's score too?

That's right. Michael Giacchino originally made his name scoring video games, before quickly capturing the attention of Hollywood which lead to him landing a much deserve upgrade into scoring for film. He's also went on to score for Lost, The Incredibles, Up. and most recently of course, Rogue One.

Carl2291

I really appreciate Jeremy Soule's work on Skyrim (you can probably add Morrowind and Oblivion to that too), as well as Gustavo Santaolalla's work on The Last of Us.

If we're talking as a complete work, the music from World of Warcraft also deserves a mention.

Elitist1945

It sure fucking does. Matter of fact, all the Medal of Honor games have outstanding scores. Yes, even the new ones.

Top Bottom