• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does UPS deliver twice in the same day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandy

Ordered some thermal paste and a new monitor.
The thermal paste arrived about an hour ago but the monitor is still at the carrier facility and hasn't even left for delivery yet.
Any chance I'll be getting my new monitor today? :x
It's currently 12 PM here and the expected time is by 8 PM

The thermal paste arrived about an hour ago but the monitor is still at the carrier facility and hasn't even left for delivery yet.
From my experience, once it's on the truck out for delivery, at around 5 or 6 AM it's good to go. If it misses that deadline, it's not being delivered today, period.

malyce

From my experience, once it's on the truck out for delivery, at around 5 or 6 AM it's good to go. If it misses that deadline, it's not being delivered today, period.

This. If it doesn't say out for delivery in the morning, you're not getting it that day.

Flandy

It is possible if they were shipped using different methods. We get UPS Ground and UPS Next Day Air in separate routes.
Monitor is being delivered via UPS ground while the thermal paste was via UPS 2nd Day Air

This. If it doesn't say out for delivery in the morning, you're not getting it that day.

:(

Yeah it could be on a different truck or even the same one and that person will come back later after they do business pickups or something. This is the busiest time of the year for them.

It may still be delivered today, OP. I constantly get UPS packages delivered around 7 PM that don't show out for delivery until early afternoon or not at all.

Yeah it could be on a different truck or even the same one and that person will come back later after they do business pickups or something. This is the busiest time of the year for them.

You guys should really read the OP. It's not on a truck for delivery, it's still at their facility. It's not getting delivered today.

sangreal

The answer to the title is: sometimes
The answer to the OP is: no, you're not getting your package

You can give them a call and see what they say though since tomorrow is a holiday. If it's not on a truck I don't see them helping you out though. You might be able to go pick it up

akileese

They might. Hilariously, I just had UPS book out of my apartment complex without dropping off any packages at the leasing office per the front desk. The gal there said she'd gotten about 6 or 7 angry calls since they're taking everything back to the distribution center and not delivering it. Nice to know lazy people can get away with zero accountability!

ZeroX03

Banned
Courier companies here will pick up packages for delivery multiple times a day so it's possible to have something not show up on tracking until late afternoon but it's more common in smaller cities or in neighborhoods closer to the depot.

They might. Hilariously, I just had UPS book out of my apartment complex without dropping off any packages at the leasing office per the front desk. The gal there said she'd gotten about 6 or 7 angry calls since they're taking everything back to the distribution center and not delivering it. Nice to know lazy people can get away with zero accountability!
There would be ridiculous accountability for that driver if it went down that way. UPS does not fuck around with packages still on trucks.

Depending where you live there could be multiple trucks. In my city/area we have at least 2 trucks. One comes around before noon, and then I see a different one around 5~8pm... the one usually carrying my release day games and what not -.-

Flandy

:(

Does UPS take off for the holiday tomorrow too? Is so. :(

Yep :( Now I'm barely even going to get to use the monitor before heading off to work. Thanks UPS! :l

I ordered a cheap keyboard too and paid an extra $4 for shipping because I assumed the monitor would get here today -__- Wonder if I could get amazon to refund that.

Mononoke

Banned
Yep :( Now I'm barely even going to get to use the monitor before heading off to work. Thanks UPS! :l

I ordered a cheap keyboard too and paid an extra $4 for shipping because I assumed the monitor would get here today -__- Wonder if I could get amazon to refund that.

Prob. Amazon is usually good with shipping refunds. That is some BS. Is there anything I can do? Any games you wanted?

Flandy

Well it's now 8 PM so I assume the monitor isn't getting here today :( Oh well

Prob. Amazon is usually good with shipping refunds. That is some BS. Is there anything I can do? Any games you wanted?

Yeah I'll contact Amazon later and see if they can throw in a month of prime and refund me the shipping for the keyboard or something. Nothing you or anyone can really do about it. I'll just have to wait till Friday afternoon to test out my new PC I suppose. Got most of the stuff I was interested in during the Steam sale expect FF13-2. Missed out on that Square Enix Store sale :( On the bright side I managed to get FF13 for $8 on Steam which is taking forever to download since it's like 60GB :lol

UraMallas

That happens to me all the time. It's happened to me in Des Moines, IA. and even in a town of 13K, Boone, IA. I've seen UPS stroll down the street 3 to 4 times a day if they are delivering to opposite sides of the street.

I don't know how it works but logistics must beat common sense.

Firestar

My UPS had some of the couriers walking the streets with these little push cart things with only tiny packages, so I had them come at 11 and then the truck with larger packages come at 4. So yeah you can get stuff twice, but if it doesn't say it's out for delivery then it's not.

Divus

A bit late here, but UPS is on Holiday today and tommarow.

Forgot about it myself and had something that was supposed to be here today, and was eagerly awaiting for it. Checked there website and sure enough they don't work new years eve and day.

There would be ridiculous accountability for that driver if it went down that way. UPS does not fuck around with packages still on trucks.
This. Every package they take out must be accounted for ( either a delivery, a non delivery via wrong address or customer not being home). But you just can't bring packages back with no explanation for the non delivery.

The Llama

Where the hell do you people live that UPS or FedEx delivers twice to your place in one day?!? I can understand if its different services, but if you have 2 things delivered on UPS Ground, for example, at least in my experience there's no way in hell they're showing up twice the same day. If its not out for delivery in the morning, you're not getting it that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom