• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus announcement trailer

GrayChild

Coming June 30 (PC/PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Switch)

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus Features:

6 new Side Stories about friendship and literature, totaling hours of new content
100+ unlockable images including new game art, wallpapers, never-before-seen concept sketches, and more
26 total music tracks, including 13 all-new unlockable songs by Nikki Kaelar, plus special guests Jason Hayes and Azuria Sky
A built-in DDLC music player to unwind with your favorite songs in a custom playlist, or loop a single track forever
A high-fidelity visual upgrade with all artwork now in Full HD (1080p)

That's it. We can wrap up this E3, guys! The best psychological horror game after Silent Hill 2 is about to become even better.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
$15 for the digital version apparently.

legit gonna get this for PS5.

Pejo

I have managed to stay spoiler free on this game for years now,, and I've been meaning to play it. Might as well wait for this and get all the extra content at the same time.

Shaqazooloo

It will definitely be less impactful on consoles but I'm still looking forward to this.

Already got it pre-ordered for Switch.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Eh. Hasn't this game kinda run its course? It was amusing enough, but was kind of a slog until... well, pretty much the end.

Kholinar

Banned
Except Famicom Detective Club is a japanese Adventure game, like Snatcher and Phoenix Wright for instance.

This one is just a "press a button to advance text" simulator, like every other visual novel out there.
There aren't even puzzles to begin with.
It's a fucking visual novel. What exactly are you expecting BESIDES story? If you're looking for a more interactive experience, then look elsewhere. For all your praise of Japanese developers, it's hilarious that a western developer holds the claim of the most popular visual novel of all time.
Its popular because is free.
Many visual novels are 'free.' DDLC stands out primarily because of the subversive meta-narrative emerging from what most people figured was just a nondescript, tropey romance visual novel with cute girls, but there are a lot of accompanying factors, such as good music, cute color-coded designs, adorable CGs, the infamous "JUST MONIKA," etc. and the fact that the game is EXTREMELY moddable also helped too - a few mods even exceed the original game.

Kholinar

Banned
I just said to him that the game he played is an actual game (not an visual novel) so that when he inevitably becomes dissapointed when he plays this game, he'll know the reason why.
Oh, stop with this evasiveness. Stop using vague wording to hop from one inference to the next. You were clearly positing that DDLC was worse off for being a visual novel as opposed to a 'real game.' Detective Famicom Club may be a little more interactive than DDLC, but it is, at its core, structurally a visual novel. The experience, as compared to DDLC, isn't emphatically divorced from each other. You're still progressing through it mostly from reading text and observing CGs.

Exactly my point. Not a game.
Visual novels are games, and it's classified as such on every storefront. Steam, PSN, XBL, Epic. Even Wikipedia classifies VNs as Games.

In the western side of the world? Who knows.
Anyway, Justin Bieber is more popular than Beethoven so whatever.
Keep the popularity.
If it's popular, then it must be doing something right.

Unk Adams

Banned
I'm just impressed that we're getting an actual physical version of this sold at major retailers. Thankfully it's not being done through one of those annoying "limited" companies that jack up the prices and take nearly a year to send your game out.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The new version, Doki Doki Literature Club Plus, will now add warnings that appear in-game just before a disturbing scene is about to play out.

These warnings can be turned off for those who want to experience the game as it was originally intended, but those who may be upset by the game’s darker themes can now choose to be given prior warning right before a particularly distressing moment.

“We hope that this feature provides an option to those who would like to play through the game relatively unspoiled, but still want to be warned before potentially sensitive parts of the game,” explained developer Team Salvato’s community manager Joseph Boyd in a blog post.

“We do want to mention that while we did our best in placing these content warnings where we thought they would be most effective, everyone’s experience is different. Because of this, we intend to update this feature as time goes on with warnings in places we might have originally missed.”

Top Bottom