• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus |OT| Your Beating Heart!

Rikku-X

Last-Side-Story-in-Doki-Doki-Literature-Club-Plus.jpg

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PC

Welcome to a terrifying world of poetry and romance! Write poems for your crush and erase any mistakes along the way to ensure your perfect ending. Now’s your chance to discover why DDLC is one of the most beloved psychological horror games of the decade!
Now, the original mind-shattering DDLC experience is packed with tons of new features and content exclusive to Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus Features:
• 6 new Side Stories about friendship and literature, totaling hours of new content
• 100+ unlockable images including new game art, wallpapers, never-before-seen concept sketches, and more
• 26 total music tracks, including 13 all-new unlockable songs by Nikki Kaelar, plus special guests Jason Hayes and Azuria Sky
• A built-in DDLC music player to unwind with your favorite songs in a custom playlist, or loop a single track forever
• A high-fidelity visual upgrade with all artwork now in Full HD (1080p)

Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam. Opencritic 87.

Last edited:

Rikku-X

Not sure if there's much interest here. But it's a very creative game in how it's told and played. I'm not sure if there's any other visual novel game like it.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I played the original when it was released since I had several students playing and talking about it. I played through it and immediately took a class to talk about mental illness with them. We had this release later in the year after one of their classmates took her life. That was one the worst years I had as a teacher, but this game helped me have a dialogue with so many teens going through so much.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I played the original so I'm wondering how they translated it to consoles.

Mucking with the contents of the game folder in particular

Shaqazooloo

Didn't play the original, but I watched a ton of playthroughs and breakdowns of it so no surprises for me. I still picked this up though and plan to playthrough it all just because I'm so impressed with this game. I always thought it was kind of criminal that the original was free.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

I'm guess I'm gonna try to go for 100%. I have 3 saves for each girl so might as well, but judging from how I got a few unlockables so far, some things are probably gonna be very tough to find.

Rikku-X

I'm guess I'm gonna try to go for 100%. I have 3 saves for each girl so might as well, but judging from how I got a few unlockables so far, some things are probably gonna be very tough to find.
I have a good guide if you want one. Just be careful because after certain points your saves will delete *small spoiler.

Shaqazooloo

Just finished the 6 side stories. Much like the base game, it's very well written and as someone that is very bad at social interactions it got extremely relatable when it focused on Yuri.

It's nice getting a better look at the girls personalities and relationships since it isn't really explored in the base game. Though, I'm kind of worried that the deeper dive into Monika makes her later actions seem a little weird, I mean it does make her mistakes and losing control of the situation more believable since she's comes off as very flawed and prone to messing things up, but still has decent problem solving skills and advice. However, seeing a deeper relationship with the others makes later events extra messed up.

I haven't gotten to it myself yet, so maybe I'll feel differently when I do. For now I feel like that bit is gonna be weird with the side stories in the mix.

so i just "finished" Plus today after about 4.8 hours according to steam. i uninstalled it but i cant stop thinking about it so thinking i'm gonna play it again!

i think i got the standard ending. i had no idea what the poem mini game was about so pretty much picked random words every time instead of picking words for a character. spent time with yuri at the weekend. told sayori i was her friend (not i love you). when i got to act 3 where monika sits in front of you i went and deleted her from the game immediately. i done this cause i noticed in her poem it says "delete her". i now know that scene goes on for quite a while but i didnt listen to a word she said.

didnt do any of the side stories.

i've looked at some guides and i'm overwhelmed at everything i need to do to see the whole game and unlock everything.

if i have paid for Plus is there any reason for me to play the original free version??

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

so i just "finished" Plus today after about 4.8 hours according to steam. i uninstalled it but i cant stop thinking about it so thinking i'm gonna play it again!

i think i got the standard ending. i had no idea what the poem mini game was about so pretty much picked random words every time instead of picking words for a character. spent time with yuri at the weekend. told sayori i was her friend (not i love you). when i got to act 3 where monika sits in front of you i went and deleted her from the game immediately. i done this cause i noticed in her poem it says "delete her". i now know that scene goes on for quite a while but i didnt listen to a word she said.

didnt do any of the side stories.

i've looked at some guides and i'm overwhelmed at everything i need to do to see the whole game and unlock everything.

if i have paid for Plus is there any reason for me to play the original free version??
Other than an authentic experience (the game actually messing with pc files etc) not really.

Oh is this that Japanese game where you play a boy in school? You know with school uniforms, talking about girls, with a best friend who's a comedian slack-off? So original!
nope. you got it wrong. you obviously havent played it. it looks like a cute anime waifu dating sim but it's not what looks like. i'd say you should actually play it but with a comment like that you obviously aren't willing to open your mind and have no intention of playing the game. at the very least go read a plot summary and educate yourself so you don't embarrass yourself again.

it starts off as a game you join a school club with 4 girls and write poems and try to date one of them.

sayuri, your best friend, has depression and kills herself and you find her hanging in her bedroom. natsuki is being abused by her dad. yuri self harms and kills herself by stabbing herself and you spend the weekend in the class with her dead body as it decays. turns out the game is a simulation experiment and at that point it bugs out trapping you. monika, the other girl, is self aware and you are stuck in a room with her as she rambles on. she deletes the entire game so it's just you and her. you now need to delete her from the game. sayuri is back and so is natsuki and yuri. sayuri is now the club president and self aware

at least thats what i've got so far from my playthrough. so if you bothered to read ... you now know how wrong you were

Last edited:

partime

nope. you got it wrong. you obviously havent played it. it looks like a cute anime waifu dating sim but it's not what looks like. i'd say you should actually play it but with a comment like that you obviously aren't willing to open your mind and have no intention of playing the game. at the very least go read a plot summary and educate yourself so you don't embarrass yourself again.

it starts off as a game you join a school club with 4 girls and write poems and try to date one of them.

sayuri, your best friend, has depression and kills herself and you find her hanging in her bedroom. natsuki is being abused by her dad. yuri self harms and kills herself by stabbing herself and you spend the weekend in the class with her dead body as it decays. turns out the game is a simulation experiment and at that point it bugs out trapping you. monika, the other girl, is self aware and you are stuck in a room with her as she rambles on. she deletes the entire game so it's just you and her. you now need to delete her from the game. sayuri is back and so is natsuki and yuri. sayuri is now the club president and self aware

at least thats what i've got so far from my playthrough. so if you bothered to read ... you now know how wrong you were

I've already beat the game a few years ago, was only half /s.

Top Bottom