• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, here's a screen from the game with custom textures.

fmbPa.jpg
[/IMG]

senador said:
What graphics card do you have in your Mac?

I found what is causing my issues. It seems to be Nvidia related. There's a ticket opened on it: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=3892

The images in that link are exactly how I see them too. :(

Another one: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=4823&q=twilight%20princess

Anyone else experience this?

Mine is the Intel 3000. I was really surprised that I haven't had many issues, considering everyone bashes integrated graphics... I certainly haven't seen anything to bash from my experience so far.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Niblet said:
Anyone know if the bluetooth adapter on the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe mobo works with this?
Any bluetooth adapter will work, as long as you're using the Microsoft Bluetooth stack, because Microsoft added whatever it needed to be added to it's stack to support the wiimote.

So, yes.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i have the wii ver but never finished it, gave up at iceworld where the dude cooks soup or something, can i play tis on dolpin with a 360 pad? (wii ver) or do i NEED motion controls? havent played since launch window so forgot.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
felipepl said:
God, and I though that the UI for Twilight Princess was bad...
The Skyward Sword one is 10 times worse.
You can turn off all that stuff in-game. They have three options and pro mode has none of the button shit you have been seeing in pre-release screens.

jediyoshi

Tiduz said:
i have the wii ver but never finished it, gave up at iceworld where the dude cooks soup or something, can i play tis on dolpin with a 360 pad? (wii ver) or do i NEED motion controls? havent played since launch window so forgot.

You can play with just a 360 pad. The only motion control needed is a generic waggle which you can map to a button.

A few of those shots are awesome, but others change the game's look too much.

Why must people continue to change the look of games? Just give me what is already there but in higher resolution.

Tomodachi

Stallion Free said:
That's like those silly Ocarina of Time re-texture projects.
Yep. I really don't like retexturing in any game, except when you totally change the texture in the process. I'd rather play the game in its original form (of course a little dithering, anti-aliasing or minor automated refurbishments are ok) or not replaying it at all.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Even with the ugly UI, I really dig the way the hearts look in Twilight Princess. They look neat and tidy. Its the fucking Wii remote buttons that ruin everything.

Thankfully Skyward Sword has the pro option.

Why is it that re-texturing projects make the whole world look speckled? There are things in the real world that are just a single flat color, or which have subtle texture that you can't see until you're very close. I mean, generally speaking, you shouldn't be able to see the weave of a fabric from 20 feet away. It just makes everything look weird.

Some of those textures are nice, but a lot of them make the game look really unnatural, as if you're viewing the entire world at once through a giant magnifying glass.

Luigiv

Gvaz said:
I like those texture upgrades. I hate blurry textures and can ignore minor changes.
Well, it's certainly one of the better done re-texturing projects. It's not perfect but it's a far cry better then say the RE4 high-res texture pack.

Mistle

This is starting to do my head in... How can I use the Wii Classic Control for Gamecube cubes, via Bluetooth? :/
I read about GlovePIE and PPJoy and all that but it's all a bit messy. If anybody has some straight instructions and scripts, then please let me know. I just want to play TP/WW with the Wii Classic Controller! lol. I have a 64bit system, which I guess can be a problem for PPJoy?

And also, I asked this earlier but didn't get a response so I'll quote it:

Is there any way to make the sound effects and music in Twilight Princess Wii balanced? Currently, the music overpowers the sound effects a lot :/

HooYaH

Mistle said:
This is starting to do my head in... How can I use the Wii Classic Control for Gamecube cubes, via Bluetooth? :/
I read about GlovePIE and PPJoy and all that but it's all a bit messy. If anybody has some straight instructions and scripts, then please let me know. I just want to play TP/WW with the Wii Classic Controller! lol. I have a 64bit system, which I guess can be a problem for PPJoy?

And also, I asked this earlier but didn't get a response so I'll quote it:

The newer git-revisions seems to fix the sound issue.

jediyoshi

Mistle said:

If your computer already recognizes the controller as a device, all you have to do is go to the Wiimote Configuration window and select it in the dropdown list under 'Device', then bind from there which is very straightforward. You'll be hard pressed to find yourself in a situation where you'd need to use a third part application to map your controls with.

Mistle

jediyoshi said:
If your computer already recognizes the controller as a device, all you have to do is go to the Wiimote Configuration window and select it in the dropdown list under 'Device', then bind from there which is very straightforward. You'll be hard pressed to find yourself in a situation where you'd need to use a third part application to map your controls with.
I can connect it for Wii games no problem. But Gamecube games do not recognise it.
I thought the "device" dropdown list was only for Wiimote emulation?

Mistle said:
I can connect it for Wii games no problem. But Gamecube games do not recognise it.
I thought the "device" dropdown list was only for Wiimote emulation?

Here's a step by step way of doing this. I'm assuming you already have GlovePIE, and if you have PPJoy you can't install it yet. First, since you're running a 64 bit OS, you'll need to enable testsigning, which you can do by opening the command prompt (type "cmd" in the start menu's search box) and inputting "bcdedit -set testsigning on" and then rebooting. After doing so, you can install PPJoy. Ignore windows' warnings about unsigned drivers. Once it's installed, it'll automatically open the configuration utility. It should already have a virtual joystick in the menu (if it doesn't, click "Add" and then again in the window that appears); select it, click "Mapping..." and follow these instructions:

-On the first screen select "modify the mapping for this controller"
-On the second screen give the controller 6 Axes, 16 Buttons and 1 POV hat, and assign the first 3 axes to the X Y and Z axes respectively with axes 4-6 assigned to the X Y and Z rotations respectively
-On the third screen assign the axes and rotations to analogs 0-5 in order descending through the menu (x axis=analog 0, y axis=analog 1, etc)
-The 4th screen is similar to the third; assign the buttons to the digital inputs in order (button 1=digital 0, etc)
-Same for the last screen; assign digitals 16-19 in order to the pov hat directions and click "finish" and "done"

Now, grab this GlovePIE script: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X31OJNYI and open it in GlovePIE. Connect your Wii Remote with Classic Controller attached to your PC and select "Run" in GlovePIE while the lights on the remote are still flashing. It should now only have one light on. Finally, open Dolphin and its CGpad config, select "DInput/0/PPJoy Virtual Joystick 1" as the device and configure it as you wish. All inputs but the home button should be recognized and able to be mapped.

Also, you've probably noticed the annoying watermark that appeared on the desktop after you enabled testsigning. Here's a way to get rid of it, while keeping testsigning on: http://www.mydigitallife.info/remov...download-for-windows-7-vista-and-server-2008/

Happy emulating!

Mistle

Fimbulvetr said:
Here's a step by step way of doing this.
Happy emulating!
Going to try this now. Thank you so, so much! I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: It works well! You are a life saver. Only problem- the L-Analog recognises and works as Slider 0+, but I can't get R-Analog to recognise. Even if I manually set it. Any tricks here? It just worked lol, Axis Zr+, apparently. Awesome.

Mistle said:
Going to try this now. Thank you so, so much! I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: It works well! You are a life saver. Only problem- the L-Analog recognises and works as Slider 0+, but I can't get R-Analog to recognise. Even if I manually set it. Any tricks here? It just worked lol, Axis Zr+, apparently. Awesome.
I'm glad I could help. I went through the exact same problem as you and I had to figure it out myself, so I'm glad I could save someone else the headache.

Rufus said:
And what do those shots do to change that?

Don't be silly. There are plenty of colours in those shots and he hasn't even reached the most colourful areas in the game.

Dascu said:
Yes, it is waggle only.

Except waggle (which is a dumb term in itself) isn't used to describe complex, 1-to-1 motion controls.

masterkajo

^ wow... looks so much less blurry then on my Wii hooked up to an HD TV.

How long does it usually take for people to figure out and post the specs to run a game smoothly on dolphin? And are there games that run perfectly on it (like on Wii) or do all games have some small flaws?

I am asking because I might consider installing dolphin for the upcoming Zelda Skyward Sword release. After seeing these awesome Zelda screenshots in HD above I just can't go back to SD.

Gvaz

Banned
masterkajo said:
^ wow... looks so much less blurry then on my Wii hooked up to an HD TV.

How long does it usually take for people to figure out and post the specs to run a game smoothly on dolphin? And are there games that run perfectly on it (like on Wii) or do all games have some small flaws?

I am asking because I might consider installing dolphin for the upcoming Zelda Skyward Sword release. After seeing these awesome Zelda screenshots in HD above I just can't go back to SD.

Emulation is not perfect and sometimes takes a bit to set it up properly and is limited by having a good/fast CPU or not. It comes with the territory, so for some it might "Just Work" but for others you might have issues.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As much as I'd like to, I'm going to sky Skyward Sword on Dolphin until I've finished it on my Wii. As nice as it will look, I'll get really crabby if I run into graphical or game glitches on my first playthrough. I'll happily take the low resolution of the Wii for stability. Replays will be on Dolphin for sure.

Anyway, finished the Arbiters Ground, which in retrospect might be my favourite dungeon in the entire series. It's soaked in atmosphere, has great puzzles, the Spinner is a bitchin' item, it mixes up both adult Link and wolf play, and the two bossfights (Death Sword and Stallord) are really awesome. Like most of Twilight Princess the ease works against it, but I still love it. Here's more shots than anybody asked.

z1ao8r.jpg

z2johj.jpg

z3so49.jpg

z46qt7.jpg

z5wqcd.jpg

z6eqwn.jpg

z7yrsu.jpg

z8arzu.jpg

z92qg3.jpg

z10xpep.jpg

z11nqmu.jpg

z12jr0t.jpg

z13yo36.jpg

z14vpji.jpg

z151pzd.jpg

EatChildren

Thematically the whole dungeon is like a mix of the Shadow and Spirit Temples from Ocarina of Time. My love for it might be topped by the Sky Dungeon once I go through it again, as I remember it being quite excellent.

The only dungeon I'm really vague on is the Palace of Twilight. I remember very, very little about it.

Top Bottom