• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Domino's testing the "DRU"; autonomous pizza delivery robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaterTots

Banned
If this becomes a big thing, wouldn't this be another job taken away from people to save money for the business? I mean really.....
humans_jerbs.jpg

Nimajneb

This might sound like a good idea now, but what's going to happen when somebody starts building Noid bots to track and intercept deliveries?

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
This and the other pizza thread pretty much sealed the deal for pizza tonight. Too bad we don't have this yet. It's interesting to see fast food joints try to embrace more and more tech

GAF food threads never fail to make me hungry. Sometimes I contemplate keeping these threads unclicked, but the images inside are always worth it. This thread doesn't even have any food pics, still does the trick though.

I feel like drones will be safer than ground units since people will have less access to it.

I feel like this could work in some countries, but in the US this will be vandalized/stolen (along with the pizza) instantly. I mean, sure it'll have an onboard GPS and camera to figure out what happened, but still

What makes you say that ? Is there some kind of robot vandalizng precedent that has been set in the US? We have automated machines all over society that dont seem to be destroyed? Or, were you just being hyperbolic for the lulz....?

Ishida

Banned
This thing would get stolen, disassembled and its part sold on the market so fucking fast in México, that the pizza it was carrying would still be warm.

Cuburt

Guaranteed delivery in 3 hours or less

Also was hoping it would shoot them out the front from how it was shaped.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If they were smart they would team up with Boston Dynamics and make a pizza carrying robot that looked and sounded like ED 209 from Robocop. Hopefully that would intimidate people enough to leave it alone. Maybe give the machine guns blanks or bean bags to show that it means business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom