• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump to Remain Executive Producer on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Donald Trump will remain an exec producer on NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice,” which is returning Jan. 2 after a two-year hiatus with new host Arnold Schwarzenegger.

MGM confirmed to Variety that Trump has retained his EP credit on the series. The president-elect’s status on the 15th season of the reality series that made him a household name has been a question since Trump launched his presidential campaign in June 2015. In the credit sequence, Trump’s name will air after that of “Apprentice” creator Mark Burnett and before Schwarzenegger, who is also an exec producer of the new incarnation along with Page Feldman and Eric Van Wagenen.

The larger issue for MGM, NBC, and the White House is the payment that Trump will receive for the series. It’s unclear what his per-episode fee is, but it is likely to be in the low five-figures, at minimum. NBC has ordered eight episodes of “The New Celebrity Apprentice.” Trump’s fees will be paid through MGM, the production entity on the show, not NBC. MGM declined to comment on the financial terms of Trump’s deal. A spokeswoman for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment. NBC declined to comment.
The fact that a sitting president will be on the payroll of a current TV show is another example of the thicket of potential conflicts of interest raised by Trump’s segue from private businessman and TV star to commander-in-chief. However, past presidents have published books during their time in the White House, so there is precedent for a president earning royalties while in office. In the case of President Obama’s 2010 book “Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters,” his profits from the Alfred A. Knopf publication were donated to a charity supporting the children of disabled veterans.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/don...ity-apprentice-executive-producer-1201937420/

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
This motherfucker needs every brain cell he has focused on not being a terrible president.

Can you imagine the shit the right would have talked if Obama had a side hustle?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR A SPECIAL APPEARANCE...

*queue shocked candidate faces*

*show silhouette of what is clearly Trump behind a door. *

This is clearly what he wanted all along.

giphy.gif

HE STILL WORKS FOR NBC WHAT?!

mr stroke

NBC fires Billy Bush for "Grab them in the Pussy"

NBC hires Trump for "Grab them in the Pussy"

WTF IS GOING ON LOL

El Topo

Next week on Celebrity Apprentice...the contestants get to run the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs. The winner gets a position on President Trump's cabinet.

Voyr

Banned
Hard to top this past season, which was oddly called the "2016 Presidential Election" for reasons unknown.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I thought NBC removed him and any rights to that show after his racist president announcement?
^ this

Maybe in Trump's America, his statements were retroactively seen as acceptable?

Nelo Ice

Banned
He just wants to work as president part time. Just like living in the white house part time and not using air force one.

entremet

NBC fires Billy Bush for "Grab them in the Pussy"

NBC hires Trump for "Grab them in the Pussy"

WTF IS GOING ON LOL

Pretty much. I thought he cut ties with that show for some reason.

^ this

Maybe in Trump's America, his statements were retroactively seen as acceptable?
He is removed as a star.

This is Executive Producer credit, which is handled by the production company--Mark Burnett Productions.

Trump isn't that dumb now, huh, liberals?
J/k

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
How long until Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution is invoked by anyone in Congress? There's bound to be at least one bribery scandal with all the shenanigans going on.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I'm thinking he may see the show as a way to find potential cabinet members/Supreme Court Justices/etc. (people outside the swamp)

And the far right criticized Obama his first few years for filling out an NCAA tournament bracket.

Said he should be focused on our economic recovery from the recession...

I'm sure those same people are more than fine with this.

Revolver

I thought NBC had fired him.

Yeah after his racist presidential announcement. Looks like his deal with Mark Burnett never ended though despite Burnett's disavowal of “the hatred, division and misogyny that has been a very unfortunate part of his campaign.” Guess ratings heal all wounds.

"Due to the recent derogatory statements by Donald Trump regarding immigrants, NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump," the statement said.

"To that end, the annual Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants, which are part of a joint venture between NBC and Trump, will no longer air on NBC. In addition, as Mr. Trump has already indicated, he will not be participating in The Apprentice on NBC" because he has announced he's running as a Republican candidate for president.

"Celebrity Apprentice is licensed from Mark Burnett's United Artists Media Group and that relationship will continue," the network added.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/06/29/nbc-dumps-trump/29471971/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom