• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't Give Up: A Cynical Tale |OT| A meta-comedic RPG about a game dev

Komatsu

PWndeuF.png

0CmS8YU.png

Here we have the OT for an upcoming release from a recent NEOGAF user, trisbee trisbee , a developer based out of Portland, OR.

Let's quote our fellow user as to why this game came into being:

trisbee said:
After a 3 year stint in QA, I found it really hard to progress through the corporate gaming world as a jack of trades. I eventually decided to take a stab in the indie world and spent the first 2 years creating some pretty unimpressive stuff. Now a bit more seasoned I’m plunging all in on DON’T GIVE UP and believe it will be an incredibly classic and fresh experience. For now, as a 1 man studio my focus is creating great stories in a charming retro package that will make people laugh, reflect, and enjoy.

For those interested, the game will soon be available on Steam.

c6UOGEO.png

DON’T GIVE UP is a comedic RPG about a mentally ill game dev trying to find success in life who becomes wrapped up in the manifestations of his own inner demons. You’ll delve into your subconscious in order to face darkness and an evil entity intent on unraveling your mind, all while fending off pizza bullies, social anxiety, and male pattern baldness!

3QkdnY6.png

13.png
4.png

5.png
7.png

2fxBz8U.png

Since offering to do the OT for his upcoming indie release, I asked trisbee trisbee for some codes to give back to the community. He was kind enough to offer GAF five codes, which will be given on a first come, first serve basis.

Codes Available:

1. TBD
2. TBD
3. TBD
4. TBD
5. TBD

Last edited:
Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Y'know, this is something I am willing to give a go due to the themes and concepts the developer wishes to allow the player to experience. I am in the mood for battling inner demons kino. Last time I seeked a similar effect was Catherine back in 2012 from a bad breakup. Perhaps this game will give me the itch on further inner reflection?

How has your experience been with the game so far?

Last edited by a moderator:

Komatsu

Y'know, this is something I am willing to give a go due to the themes and concepts the developer wishes to allow the player to experience. I am in the mood for battling inner demons kino. Last time I seeked a similar effect was Catherine back in 2012 from a bad breakup. Perhaps this game will give me the itch on further inner reflection?

How has your experience been with the game so far?

I have not played yet, as it comes tomorrow. But looking forward to checking it out.

trisbee

Neo Member
hey guys :D really happy to be sharing my project with the world! been working on it for around 3 years and is basically the "westernish" JRPG I would have made if I'd been making games during the SNES era, really looking forward to hearing what folks think, the play through is between 8-9 hours but I've actually only really shared about the first hour of the story in all that time so this should be new for everyone!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This looks pretty awesome. I'm usually down with these types of RPGs and love trying out games made by GAFers.

Komatsu

Besides the code registered in the giveaway, we still have four remaining codes. For those interested, please let me know.

Top Bottom