• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM Beta Thread: Halo in Hell?

rAs0DVX.gif

H5lYjyc.png

7vQZVuC.png

Vesag0A.png

OR14b5z.png

WHAT IS THE DOOM® MP CLOSED BETA?

In the DOOM Multiplayer Beta, fans will have the opportunity to play the brutally fun and challenging shooter weeks before its release. The Beta is expected to feature two maps, Heatwave and Infernal, and two modes, Team Deathmatch and Warpath, along with never-before-seen weapons, armor sets, taunts and hack modules.

WHEN IS THE CLOSED BETA TEST?

Starting: Thursday, March 31, 2016 @ 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC – 5)

End: Sunday, April 3, 2016 @ 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC – 5)

CHECK FOR YOUR TIME ZONE

HOW DO I KNOW IF I’M ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DOOM MP CLOSED BETA?

The Closed Beta will be open to those who have redeemed their DOOM Beta codes included with some physical retail copies of Wolfenstein: The New Order, and to those who pre-purchased or purchased Wolfenstein: The New Order digitally prior to May 26, 2014.

ON WHICH PLATFORMS WILL THE CLOSED BETA BE AVAILABLE?

The Closed Beta is available on PC (through Steam), PS4, and Xbox One.

CAN I SHARE MY EXPERIENCE FROM THE DOOM CLOSED BETA - VIA FORUM POSTS, GAMEPLAY STREAMS, YOUTUBE, ETC.?

Yes, you may share your gameplay experiences from the DOOM Closed Beta. If you have any questions about sharing video content, please review our video policy.

WHERE WILL THE CLOSED BETA BE AVAILABLE?

The Closed Beta test is expected to be available worldwide.

WHAT LANGUAGES DOES THE CLOSED BETA SUPPORT?

The Closed Beta is expected to support English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Latin American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese.

I PURCHASED A PC RETAIL/BOX OR DIGITAL COPY OF WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER ON OR BEFORE MAY 26, 2014, HOW DO I KNOW IF I’M ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CLOSED BETA?

If you received and redeemed your DOOM Beta code that was included with your copy of the Wolfenstein: The New Order, you are automatically eligible to participate in the Closed Beta. You will receive an email from Bethesda with a key code prior to the start of the Beta.

I PURCHASED A PS3 OR PS4 COPY OF WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER ON OR BEFORE MAY 26, 2014, HOW DO I KNOW IF I’M ELIGIBLE FOR THE CLOSED BETA?

If you received and redeemed your DOOM Beta code that was included with your copy of the Wolfenstein: The New Order, you are automatically eligible to participate in the Closed Beta. Search for the Closed Beta in the PlayStation Store to download it.

I PURCHASED AN XBOX 360 OR XBOX ONE RETAIL/BOX COPY OF WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER ON OR BEFORE MAY 26, 2014, HOW DO I KNOW IF I’M ELIGIBLE FOR THE CLOSED BETA?

If you received and redeemed your DOOM Beta code that was included with your retail copy of the Wolfenstein: The New Order, you are automatically eligible to participate in the Closed Beta. You will receive an email from Bethesda with a key code prior to the start of the Beta.

I PURCHASED AN XBOX 360 OR XBOX ONE DIGITAL COPY OF WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW ORDER ON OR BEFORE MAY 26, 2014, HOW DO I KNOW IF I’M ELIGIBLE FOR THE CLOSED BETA?

If you purchased the game digitally through Xbox, your access is tied to your Xbox Live user account and you don’t need to do anything. You will receive a system message on your Xbox with instructions for accessing the Beta.

HOW DO I REDEEM MY CLOSED BETA KEY CODE?

To activate your code, follow the code activation instructions for your platform: PS4, Xbox One, or Steam.

HOW CAN I PROVIDE FEEDBACK, REPORT AN ISSUE, OR DISCUSS MY BETA EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER PLAYERS?

Visit the DOOM Closed Beta Forum at http://doom.com/beta/forum to provide feedback, report issues, and discuss your Beta experience with other players.

CAN I KEEP PLAYING THE CLOSED BETA AFTER THE TEST PERIOD HAS ENDED?

No. We will be turning off the servers at the end of the Closed Beta.

IS DOOM SNAP MAP OR THE SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN PART OF THE CLOSED BETA?

No. The Closed Beta is for multiplayer only.

WHAT ARE THE RECOMMENDED PC SYSTEM SPECS FOR THE CLOSED BETA?

The following system specs for the PC are for the Closed Beta and do not reflect the minimum or recommended system specs of the final game.

Minimum Spec (720p)

Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Intel Core i5-2400 or better / AMD FX-8320 or better
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) or better / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better
Up to 22GB HDD space
Steam account
Broadband internet connection
*Please note that the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, and mobile GPUs are not supported for the DOOM Beta. Please check back later for minimum or recommended system specs for the final game

Recommended Spec (1080p)

Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Intel Core i7-3770 or better / AMD FX-8350 or better
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) or better / AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better
Up to 22GB HDD space
Steam account
Broadband internet connection

cHtKY6K.png

DOOM – Demons, Power Weapons & Power-Ups

DOOM – Multiplayer Modes Revealed

DOOM – Multiplayer Maps Explored

Lets get ready!
MJ5GxKW.gif

God that title gave me a brainfart. Doom being a Halo like...... fuck me.

And you know peeps will say that kind of stuff out loud not knowing better.

BashNasty

Possible that this isn't the right thread for this, but if anyone would like to trade a PC code for a PS4 code, let me know. I picked up Wolfenstein for PS4 ages ago, but I really wanna play this beta on PC, seems like a perfect fit for it.

Ixion

VALUABLE ADVICE:

Everyone should use the "Strafe" controller preset if you're playing on a console. That allows you to jump while aiming, which heightens your skill ceiling.

Jito

Banned
Im playing on XboxOne :) Not sure if i will check out on PS4.

Damn, you avoiding me now ;D Great OT by the way.

VALUABLE ADVICE:

Everyone should use the "Strafe" controller preset if you're playing on a console. That allows you to jump while aiming, which heightens your skill ceiling.

Yeh this is a must for everyone, it's impossible to jump, aim and shoot with the default layout.

How does it feel to have weapons like a rocket launcher as a loadout weapon?

I figured it would be more fun to have basic weapons for loadouts (AR, SMG, etc) and then to have things like Rocket Launchers be pick ups. I worry that it'd be *too* needlessly chaotic to have rockets firing everywhere.

I love, love, love the thought of invisibility pick ups and power weapons like chainsaws. I miss pick up weapon MP so much

Also, I am so excited for some of these modes. Too bad they wont be in beta, but I'd really like to play 1v1 and CTF.

I still have never found a game that matched Halo 1's CTF mode. So much fun, so perfectly built.

Tell me there are future betas and that they will include CTF

How does it feel to have weapons like a rocket launcher as a loadout weapon?

I sort of like it because I can start with a rocket launcher instead of having to pick one up. One thing I never really liked that much about Quake 3 was that you started with just the melee thing and the machine gun, and had go grab anything else. Now you start with something you like, and feel like you can do well with, then grab powerups or power weapons. So there's still map control, but it's for the really powerful stuff instead of just the standard weapons.

Raptor

This is the only good thing about that game named Wolfenstein.

Im ready baby!!

GIVE ME GORE, GOOOOREEEE!!!!

YEAHHH1!!

Title should totally be "Halo guy in hell" haha.

A play on Doom Guy, and how we've switched gears from everyone saying how much the Master Chief looks like the Doom Guy, to how much the Doom Guy looks like the Chief.

Great OP :).

If this was like modern Halo they would shoehorn in aiming down sights, sprinting with weapon down, bad maps, and 30fps animations.

I could go on ;)

Top Bottom