• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guesong

So of all the heroes yet released, how many are tournament worthy?

I love DotA2 and all but dammit, always the same twenty heroes right now.

Well, Dota 2 is really trend-based right now. If you keep watching for another few weeks, the metagame will shift and you'll see a lot of other heroes again. (of course, some heroes will always be viable like Nature's Prophet, Chen, Windrunner and so on)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Just off the top of my head:
ES, SK, BM, DK, Slar, Tide, Omni, NS, AM, POTM, Razor, Veno, Void, VS, Viper, Brood, BH, Weaver, CM, Lich, Puck, Lion, Storm, WR, Enigma, Rhasta, Furion, Enchant, Chen, Lesh, DS, Silencer, AA, Invoker, OD.

Exceptions include stuff like dendipudge.

vehn

How is this NOT the grand final? If there's only 3 teams left (with Quantic winning the loser bracket), who would the winner of this na'vi vs EG play?

LukeSmith

How is this NOT the grand final? If there's only 3 teams left (with Quantic winning the loser bracket), who would the winner of this na'vi vs EG play?

They just wait until the winner of the Loser's Bracket is decided.

Then if it's true double elim, that team will have to beat Na'Vi 2x in bo3 series.

Lirlond

Any tips on how to use Bounty Hunter effectively? ...I seem to do alright early game but dude, mid-end it's game over. So soft, sometimes I don't realize I'm dead till I start clicking around and nothing happens. I've only used him a total of 3 times (2W -1L) so far, and I always mostly end up getting a lot of assist. I want to like him.

Some people will call me out for this, but ideally you don't want kills as bh, track means you get plenty for an assist. Gank the lane your hard carry is in and let them get the kill gold + track money. As a ganking hero he can catapult a carry into late game. By late game you're useful for your burst damage, scouting, and -armour.

Guesong

Just off the top of my head:
ES, SK, BM, DK, Slar, Tide, Omni, NS, AM, POTM, Razor, Veno, Void, VS, Viper,BH, Weaver, CM, Lich, Puck, Lion, Storm, WR, Enigma, Rhasta, Furion, Enchant, Chen, Lesh, DS, Silencer, AA, Invoker, OD

Just because a hero gets picked 1/10 suddendly means we should include him in a "played-hero" list. Bolded some of them I disagree ; yes, Lion or SS will get picked sometimes...but compared to everything else? Rarely.

Hoping there's some grand anti-Prophet/Chen hero yet to come, because I'm so tired of them. >_>

Even Slardar...totally a viable hero but I have not seen him in a while, even though I try my best to watch all of Tobi's streams when they go on. Though yes...I suppose it works in phases...I remember the non-stop Dark Seer/Dragon Knight sequence a few weeks ago.

Haly

Some people will call me out for this, but ideally you don't want kills as bh, track means you get plenty for an assist. Gank the lane your hard carry is in and let them get the kill gold + track money. As a ganking hero he can catapult a carry into late game. By late game you're useful for your burst damage, scouting, and -armour.
I agree with this as long as you can trust your carry to do their job.

If not, you should build carry.
Just because a hero gets picked 1/10 suddendly means we should include him in a "played-hero" list. Bolded some of them I disagree ; yes, Lion or SS will get picked sometimes...but compared to everything else? Rarely.
Well you said tournament worthy, not common in tournaments.

Spectre is actually tournament worthy as the hardest carry in the game, she just has no place in the current meta.

Swag

Big plays by that WR, EG didn't even know
KuGsj.gif

Fear chasing a Chen / CM with mana, come on.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

If you watch a lot of games youll see plenty. Also I beat you'd have called people out for saying people like Dark Seer or Dragon Knight are tourney worthy a month ago. So dont be so quick to discount a hero cause it doesnt see as much play.

Also are you actually questioning heroes like Slardar, Storm, Lion and Weaver? They have all been on the winning side of pro games recently. And this isnt even counting the Dota 1 scene where Slar and Weaver are top picks in a full pool.

Haly

Swag, going to rush Vanguard on CM in the future?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Na'Vi back in top form. They were sitting at a LAN center for that, adds the finishing touch on already outstanding teamwork.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Especially when you line up perfectly right?

Do you watch Dota 2? Its nearly impossible not to land shackleshot during a base defense. The spell has ridiculous catch range. I'm sure you always avoid shackle shot cause you can mind read all the other players on your team so you never line up in the heat of the moment.

Swag

Do you watch Dota 2? Its nearly impossible not to land shackleshot during a base defense. The spell has ridiculous catch range. I'm sure you always avoid shackle shot cause you can mind read all the other players on your team so you never line up in the heat of the moment.
The point I'm making is lining up behind each other, immediately after two heroes got shackled by doing the same thing on the previous cool down, and yes I try not to line up after getting yelled at by Hyuna countless times for that exact action. Getting shackled to a creep sure, getting shackled to another hero, twice in a row, yeah, ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom