• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Man nature's prophet is so damn fun, his ability to be anywhere makes for some fun ganks. It's too bad i am bad at jungling with him, i start with a ring of basilius and the fastest i can get a midas is 8 minutes which i know its not very impressive. I'm gonan have to track down a pro dota game where np was played to see how to get a very fast midas.

Storage

Man nature's prophet is so damn fun, his ability to be anywhere makes for some fun ganks. It's too bad i am bad at jungling with him, i start with a ring of basilius and the fastest i can get a midas is 8 minutes which i know its not very impressive. I'm gonan have to track down a pro dota game where np was played to see how to get a very fast midas.

In Pro games prophet is generally played as a solo offlaner

You know, I think if Wraith King had his Mortal Strike active back and a touch more int growth, he'd actually be a pretty amazing hero.

Last night

I tried Blink Dagger on Wraith King as a gab closer, escape after my ult, and initiation. It worked out fantastic, except he barely has enough mana to get off his stun, let alone blink more than once or twice before being entirely stripped of mana. And unlike other mana dependent heroes, he really can't get arcs, because he needs all the stats and attackspeed he can get from "cheap" items because he is terrible at farming quickly.

What I found was that people would just kite me at terribly low hp, where Mortal Strike would have been fantastic. I also found myself always in dangerous levels of mana because of Blink Dagger. But I also found Blink Dagger to be amazing on him because of the positioning and escape it provided.

There's a really good, high skill hero under this shell. I think a couple of small stat growth tweaks and Mortal Strike back and he'd be pretty great.

shira

You know, I think if Wraith King had his Mortal Strike active back and a touch more int growth, he'd actually be a pretty amazing hero.

Last night

I tried Blink Dagger on Wraith King as a gab closer, escape after my ult, and initiation. It worked out fantastic, except he barely has enough mana to get off his stun, let alone blink more than once or twice before being entirely stripped of mana. And unlike other mana dependent heroes, he really can't get arcs, because he needs all the stats and attackspeed he can get from "cheap" items because he is terrible at farming quickly.

What I found was that people would just kite me at terribly low hp, where Mortal Strike would have been fantastic. I also found myself always in dangerous levels of mana because of Blink Dagger. But I also found Blink Dagger to be amazing on him because of the positioning and escape it provided.

There's a really good, high skill hero under this shell. I think a couple of small stat growth tweaks and Mortal Strike back and he'd be pretty great.

The ult needs to be have non-mana requirement otherwise carry just gets diffusal/Andy

Swig_

So is Meepo not worth learning/playing? If I remember correctly, they recently nerfed his stat upgrade with Aghs.. I kind of want to learn to play him, but I don't want to waste the time if he's not good anymore.

So is Meepo not worth learning/playing? If I remember correctly, they recently nerfed his stat upgrade with Aghs.. I kind of want to learn to play him, but I don't want to waste the time if he's not good anymore.

No, they nerfed his stats WITHOUT Aghs.

He has been nerfed in general in 6.79. Whether or not you consider those nerfs crippling is up to you.

rezuth

I don't fucking understand. I just don't. Why is it the last two days I suddenly get the absolute worst players on my team? I just had a Bristleback feed offlane that basically led to us LOSING TO A 5 CARRY TEAM! This is high 3k/low 4k MMR. What. The. Fuck.

Oh, and these freak loss streaks out of nowhere have now dragged me below 4k party MMR as well.

Can't win without me? ;)

abunai

1-2 in ranked solo this afternoon. Should've just kept playing risk of rain instead of supporting angry dudes on the internet.

I think he's better now then he was before they changed him. Getting 2 Meepos at level 4 allows you to start farming and become a kill threat much earlier.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management

I don't know if he's better or worse but I totally got addicted and have like 80 games with him in the last month. I think he's super fun regardless. I'm at a pretty low MMR though so I know alot of people don't really know what he does or how to deal with him. I still get a lot of oohs and aahs when I blow someone up in less than 1 second, which is a pretty neat feeling. And padding out them leadership commends too.

Acinixys

Last night

Get an Atos? 325 HP + MP + Slow seems legit on on a blinking WK

Looking at RoA on the wiki its only gotten buffs since its creation in 6.3

Someones trying to get it into the spot light

shira

I think SK's ult should be able to be popped early like Abaddon's Ult. You can play around mana burn then, and you could always use the slow offensively. Icefrog can also just mark it as not stealable too if it would be too much of a buff to rubick.

"You can't kill whats already dead!"
"You can't kill a king who's dead!"
I would love for there to be a male-female interaction.
Like if a woman gets last hit WK is dead, if a male kills him he revives.

spEED vs Empire coming up
http://www.joindota.com/en/live/jDRed

Satch

Banned
yesterday my friends and i queued up for captains mode and let me tell you, it was one of the hardest games of all time

our team gets drafted. Booty Patrol (Taylor Swift) and I were counting on Ties (Gabourey) to play as WR and one of the randoms to take Weaver, but one of the randoms snatched WR instead. so we had Timber and Weaver left. i play both of them but Ties doesnt ever use them. i ask him if he knows how to play Weaver and he says "no." i ask him if he knows how to play Timber and he says "no," and then just picks Weaver.

the windrunner on our team was trolling the entire game for completely unknown reasons. the first ten minutes he went to the offlane with me and had his hero set to follow me wherever i went, so i couldnt walk out and farm the creep waves or attack jugg and warlock like i wanted to. every now and then he'd stop chasing me and i'd think "oh he's gonna play now" and i'd go out to attack them when they were open and he'd just stand at our T1 doing nothing as i receive no followup and have to retreat or just flat out die.

so my friends and i are convinced we are going to lose after WR goes around the map and starts following everyone else, and the enemy team is just trashing our towers left and right. at one point, he decides to take the recipe for my Shiva's off the courier and i still dont know what he did with it. i had to buy another one and from that point on i didnt use the courier.

next thing i know, CM is like "um WR can i have the recipe for my pipe please" and he goes on to mention that WR is taking everybody's shit off the courier and dropping it into the forest by the top lane. at one point, Weaver goes to the shop to buy something, puts his treads on the floor so he could receive a recipe from the courier and complete one of his other items, and WR walks by and picks up the treads and proceeds to take them to the enemy team.

needless to say, WR was very angry when we won anyway despite all the work he put in to make us lose. the enemy team was falling apart at the seams once we started to wipe them out a few times and forced CK to ragequit. we managed to recover Weaver's stolen treads, which were sitting outside of their fountain. :)

http://dotabuff.com/matches/484514575

i still never found that first Shiva's recipe i bought tho... 600g down the drain

BearPawB

Banned
yesterday my friends and i queued up for captains mode and let me tell you, it was one of the hardest games of all time

our team gets drafted. Booty Patrol (Taylor Swift) and I were counting on Ties (Gabourey) to play as WR and one of the randoms to take Weaver, but one of the randoms snatched WR instead. so we had Timber and Weaver left. i play both of them but Ties doesnt ever use them. i ask him if he knows how to play Weaver and he says "no." i ask him if he knows how to play Timber and he says "no," and then just picks Weaver.

the windrunner on our team was trolling the entire game for completely unknown reasons. the first ten minutes he went to the offlane with me and had his hero set to follow me wherever i went, so i couldnt walk out and farm the creep waves or attack jugg and warlock like i wanted to. every now and then he'd stop chasing me and i'd think "oh he's gonna play now" and i'd go out to attack them when they were open and he'd just stand at our T1 doing nothing as i receive no followup and have to retreat or just flat out die.

so my friends and i are convinced we are going to lose after WR goes around the map and starts following everyone else, and the enemy team is just trashing our towers left and right. at one point, he decides to take the recipe for my Shiva's off the courier and i still dont know what he did with it. i had to buy another one and from that point on i didnt use the courier.

next thing i know, CM is like "um WR can i have the recipe for my pipe please" and he goes on to mention that WR is taking everybody's shit off the courier and dropping it into the forest by the top lane. at one point, Weaver goes to the shop to buy something, puts his treads on the floor so he could receive a recipe from the courier and complete one of his other items, and WR walks by and picks up the treads and proceeds to take them to the enemy team.

needless to say, WR was very angry when we won anyway despite all the work he put in to make us lose. the enemy team was falling apart at the seams once we started to wipe them out a few times and forced CK to ragequit. we managed to recover Weaver's stolen treads, which were sitting outside of their fountain. :)

http://dotabuff.com/matches/484514575

i still never found that first Shiva's recipe i bought tho... 600g down the drain

"i dont know how to play weaver"
"gets 22 kills"

He should play more heroes he doesn't know how to play

Really looking forward to Liquid vs Sad (Most likely the new EG) tonight, Zai is pretty much the best offlane player HoN ever produced so it'd be amazing to see him on a stable Dota 2 team

? did EG break up already?

Sad's roster is ppD (Captain), Arteezy, Zai, Fear (Stand-in), Universe (Stand-in).

MSS and Jeyo are out of EG, and Arteezy has said he'll most likely be announcing his new team in a month with signs pointing towards EG.

So most likely Sad will be the new EG lineup announced next month, assuming they perform well

How do you deal with Slark? Without waiting forty minutes to slowly farm up a hex?

Focus him down with stuns and kill him quickly if he gets his ult off use an AOE spell, or just focus on the rest of his team.

Also if Slark is a massive problem for your team it shouldn't be up to a support to spend 40 minutes trying to get a hex, one of your cores should get it earlier

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Focus him down with stuns and kill him quickly if he gets his ult off use an AOE spell, or just focus on the rest of his team.

Also if Slark is a massive problem for your team it shouldn't be up to a support to spend 40 minutes trying to get a hex, one of your cores should get it earlier

The problem was mostly that they ran a Slark-Disruptor lane and there was literally no-one we could put against that. I did my best as Shadow Shaman but he got free-farm and just tore us a new one, protecting their Ursa and letting him get fat while killing all of us

BearPawB

Banned
"The time has come to prepare your tributes to the Eight Shades of Fortune! Sweep away your bad luck items, your ill-fated arms or couriers earned in tragic battle, by removing them from your Armory to your Offering. Be wary: once you have chosen to remove an item from your Armory to place into your Offering, it cannot be reclaimed."

So basically we can delete items again? sweet

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Raid boss mode with firecracker/ancient rockets consummables.

Crafting mini-game.

So basically Wraith Night again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom