• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, it's really bad. Especially since you still need to play for hours just to get one reward. It's a really bad system compared to Wraith Night which worked a lot better in this instance. You just don't get enough Jade Tokens for it to be worth it.

I'm guessing they will increase the rate in which they are dropped, by I already have a discounted favor down the drain :(

JustinBB7

Just played a game where a Shadow Shaman was owning the other team with Void's bash. However, seems like Dotabuff hasn't updated (still stuck on 6.79c).

Dotabuff doesn't count RAD matches. They are in the no stats recorded tab though. Which is annoying as fuck since in-game they do count.

Karakand

I laughed earlier when I was Tinker and laid down a double March mid, then suddenly Phoenix dived me and completely melted and I got the kill with only level 2 Missile. It was a level 4 March.

I saw a Phoenix using its abilities while standing in a Death Prophet ultimate. -_-

Artanisix

Played a game last night, sticky napalm and shrapnel was hilarious.

Honestly I think both TB and Phoenix have huge potential. Might try to play some AP later with friends and force them to do some picks that I think would work crazy good.

Dagon Phoenix is the funniest shit ever.

iNta9l8EeIkLz.gif

Played a game last night, sticky napalm and shrapnel was hilarious.

Honestly I think both TB and Phoenix have huge potential. Might try to play some AP later with friends and force them to do some picks that I think would work crazy good.

just watched iceiceice get wrecked with TB. He was just getting exploded late. Too much burst for him to do anything. A function of his build as much as anything, but he wasn't a happy camper.

Low Tier
i'm gonna need some sources on this whole 'earth spirit is ok and ember is imba in dota 1'

Also phoenix is legit if a monkey isn't playing him. Hero does so much damage its insane.

Dahbomb

Speaking of Drow.... that new Silence is a legitimate buff now that I have tried it.

The push back can even knock enemies on cliffs! I can't wait for a Drow to SB into a Roshan pit and knock some players into that cliff above Roshan.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i'm gonna need some sources on this whole 'earth spirit is ok and ember is imba in dota 1'

Also phoenix is legit if a monkey isn't playing him. Hero does so much damage its insane.

Haven't seen a good Phoenix yet.

Can't wait for the fad to die out so I can scum pick him all the time.

touche.

also, Troll Warlord approved. lol. One of my favorite salty matches was going Medusa with a Troll on my team.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/241805295

Results were...as expected. all-chat salt was real. :3

2tg8.jpg

now more obnoxious than ever!

Minibashes. The melee bashes are way more dangeroes (and longer).

Dotabuff doesn't count RAD matches. They are in the no stats recorded tab though. Which is annoying as fuck since in-game they do count.

That's why I was wondering cuz the game does count them. But those discrepancies are what make the winrate and stuff different in dotabuff to the main game.

*holds*

That reminds me, have to put some more games into Drow, see how the buffs handle. Hopefully no more Force Staff builds!

I really, really feels like a blessing and a curse. You can push people out of right-click range of YOU...but it can also have the effect of fucking your teammates over for any kills they may want to chase down by pushing the enemy out of range of them too. It's very much like a deafening blast, but without the momentary stun of deafening. So for example, sometimes if you push 2 away and both run, you and your team will only be able to get one (with the frost arrow slow) and the other will escape, where before you could handle one and the team could grab the other.

It could also lead to missed hookshots, pudge hooks and other skill shots. Not sure if it can push people out of a black hole, but I assume it can.

I don't know how I feel about it.

Minibashes. The melee bashes are way more dangeroes (and longer).

yea they are. but minibashes aren't to be ignored. also, skullbasher on sniper is still legit.

Artanisix

People love to remember how the hero was first introduced and ignore all the subsequent nerfs. This is exactly what happened with Ember.

Demoli

People love to remember how the hero was first introduced and ignore all the subsequent nerfs. This is exactly what happened with Ember.

Ember was never a strong hero though, he was a pubstomper, like Riki or sniper, but with admitadly more legitimacy. He was never, ever OP, but since Dota 1 in general has a lower skill level than Dota2 and pubstompers galored. Since earth is a support, he was ignored.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The thing that amazes me with ember is how he was supposedly ever considered a god when he first came out in dota 1. All of his nerfs are fairly minor to be honest, minus armor, minus base strength, shackles from 3 to 2 targets, these aren't morphling-esque nerfs that change the way the hero is played or completely neuter him, with or without his +2 armor or +2 str he (to me) would seemingly play the same. I guess they do add up, but the only big one IMO is the fire remnant mana cost (from 100 to 150) since the hero is so mana intensive.

Wish he would get a hefty base int or int growth buff to alleviate (just a tad!) his reliance on arcane boots or a CM.

Dahbomb

I really, really feels like a blessing and a curse. You can push people out of right-click range of YOU...but it can also have the effect of fucking your teammates over for any kills they may want to chase down by pushing the enemy out of range of them too. It's very much like a deafening blast, but without the momentary stun of deafening. So for example, sometimes if you push 2 away and both run, you and your team will only be able to get one (with the frost arrow slow) and the other will escape, where before you could handle one and the team could grab the other.
The effect is way less at near max range to the point of being negligible. It is very rare for you to push them out of your own right click range, that seemed to be the design of the move.

The thing that amazes me with ember is how he was supposedly ever considered a god when he first came out in dota 1. All of his nerfs are fairly minor to be honest, minus armor, minus base strength, shackles from 3 to 2 targets, these aren't morphling-esque nerfs that change the way the hero is played or completely neuter him, with or without his +2 armor or +2 str he (to me) would seemingly play the same. I guess they do add up, but the only big one IMO is the fire remnant mana cost (from 100 to 150) since the hero is so mana intensive.

Wish he would get a hefty base int or int growth buff to alleviate (just a tad!) his reliance on arcane boots or a CM.

I think the big one was like you said the mana cost and I'm pretty sure his spellshield use to be a lot more at rank 1, like 200-300 damage.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the big one was like you said the mana cost and I'm pretty sure his spellshield use to be a lot more at rank 1, like 200-300 damage.

Between 6.73 to now, his the Flame Guard Barrior has been changed from 150/300/450/600 to 50/200/350/500. DPS was actually upped though.

I think heroes are better balanced once they come into Dota 2. Earth wasn't touched until half a year later when he was added to Dota 2. Ember will probably be the same (except in the opposite direction)

I think Dota 2 just has more data for Ice Frog to work with and he has a bigger team to help him test and add balance suggestions.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think heroes are better balanced once they come into Dota 2. Earth wasn't touched until half a year later when he was added to Dota 2. Ember will probably be the same (except in the opposite direction)

I think Dota 2 just has more data for Ice Frog to work with and he has a bigger team to help him test and add balance suggestions.

Earth Spirit now has the worst win rate of any hero ever, 34%.

JustinBB7

That's why I was wondering cuz the game does count them. But those discrepancies are what make the winrate and stuff different in dotabuff to the main game.

Yea it's why I'm not gonna play it much until dotabuff does count them or until the game doesn't count them. Otherwise the difference between the 2 will be too big. I dunno what they were thinking.

Sucks because the mode itself is really fun.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yea it's why I'm not gonna play it much until dotabuff does count them or until the game doesn't count them. Otherwise the difference between the 2 will be too big. I dunno what they were thinking.

why does it matter?

Dota 2: Where some people care about the stats more than having fun playing the actual game.

G.ZZZ

Ember was never a strong hero though, he was a pubstomper, like Riki or sniper, but with admitadly more legitimacy. He was never, ever OP, but since Dota 1 in general has a lower skill level than Dota2 and pubstompers galored. Since earth is a support, he was ignored.

Mostly this. Dota1 had no MM and people varied greatly in skill in game, and ember was absurd to play in such contests cause you would rampage with 3 bfury every other game constistently. In dota2, on the other hand, being a good support cna be much more profitable cause it's something less people are less good at, and all other things being equal, you can win the game.

Earth Spirit now has the worst win rate of any hero ever, 34%.

To be expected, honestly. Not because the hero is that much worse, but because people who've been playing him a lot for months need to retrain their brains. That's going to take a little time. His winrate was never high in the first place.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And I'm sure it will probably stay that way for a while, with very few players being good at the hero. I bet you he makes it in CM by 6.81 and will be first pick first ban there.

Earth Spirit is not going in CM in 2014. Mark my words.

RS4-

In the Bloom Harvest chest, they're just generic gems right, nothing like those corrupt ones or some kinetic ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom