• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry i haven't watched enough grimorum yet so I panicked and didn't know what to buy after orchid, but for the last 3 hours i've been watching GRIMORUM'S RAGING FURY X edition on loop tho so I can memorize the exact correct item build.

It's not a bad item if you have the farm and your team is up, but you guys (from the looks of it) were struggling and you probably would have seen a lot more mileage out of a Eul's and\or Scythe.

Razzer

http://dotabuff.com/matches/515943060

Awesome game. GGs were being called at like 15 minutes after we had an awful start, were down 2 sets of racks but just kept the pressure up with Meepo split push. Also apparently Dimon222 is a gaffer, hi.

I keep seeing Ogre Magi's who get bloodstone and I don't see why. I mean, the regen and tankiness is nice but you offer way more with other utility stuff. I just looked it up and it's in his recommended situational items. I wish people would stop using those, they spread bad habits. Also, perseverance must be the ultimate noob item. Seems like half of the cases where you go wtf at an item choice it involves a perseverance.

Question regarding jungling Lycan. Been experimenting with this a bit to see what gets the best times. Do you think it's worth it to get Soul Ring or best to just get Base and then rush Vlads ASAP?

xanavi

Question regarding jungling Lycan. Been experimenting with this a bit to see what gets the best times. Do you think it's worth it to get Soul Ring or best to just get Base and then rush Vlads ASAP?

I'd rather a bottle than a soul ring if you absolutely have to buy something to sustain yourself.

Acinixys

Necro + Warlock + Naix + 2 damage dealers is ez mode for the YB

Got over 10 mil and 3.5k tokens in both games i played tonight

40 mins of play for 6 keys is pretty good

RS4-

GGs with phazze and blackened! Got that scythe of vyse drop from a chest. And another redhoof :(

Do I continue playing the rng game with chests or buy keys!?

I'd rather a bottle than a soul ring if you absolutely have to buy something to sustain yourself.

Yeah from what I've been experimenting with I tend to always have mana issues at the early stages (unless I'm doing something wrong?) so I was trying to come up with a solution for that. I like the sounds of bottle, will try it out.

sixghost

I just like to rush straight vlads. The way I do it is stout/quelling/tango to start, then ferry out a clarity after like 10 seconds. Spend your gold on basi and maybe a ring of health, then die to neutrals. You'll be out of mana around this time. You should be able to finish the vlads without going back to fountain at this point. Then I make a medallion, buy a smoke and go rosh.

Normally I get the vlads around 7:30, and go into rosh around 11:00. People hassling you in the jungle is obviously going to delay stuff.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Necro + Warlock + Naix + 2 damage dealers is ez mode for the YB

Got over 10 mil and 3.5k tokens in both games i played tonight

40 mins of play for 6 keys is pretty good

I'm actually a bit sad they didn't "fix" any of those things, I was hoping for a bit of challenge and not just a bit of grind.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ARGHHHHFUCKFUCKFUCK losing to lancer is the worst fucking feeling in the world. When you are in a base race and you have two rax down and you have a chance to make a push focus on the enemy barracks don't try to engage them in a fight

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Thanks for the games guys, I suck and my ping is terrible so sorry for that, but I had loads of fun getting destroyed by anbokr :p

The Technomancer

And the next fucking game is against fucking Huskar

Valve please implement a mode that's just like All Pick but without the fucking cheapass heroes

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Valve please implement a mode that's just like All Pick but without the fucking cheapass heroes

huskar is a cheapass hero? he's literally been picked in competitive like 1 time since he was added into CM months ago and he's really not that bad in pubs. His base agi/agi gain nerf on top of that ethereal orb walking nerf just neutered him. IMO the agi nerf wasn't warranted at all; the ghost scepter gimmick is what made him a monster in pubs during 6.78 and that was patched out pretty quickly.

The Technomancer

huskar is a cheapass hero? he's literally been picked in competitive like 1 time since he was added into CM months ago and he's really not that bad in pubs. His base agi/agi gain nerf on top of that ethereal orb walking nerf just neutered him. IMO the agi nerf wasn't warranted at all; the ghost scepter gimmick is what made him a monster in pubs during 6.78 and that was patched out pretty quickly.
He's fucking unkillable without like fifty minutes of farm. What are you supposed to do? Can't nuke him, takes time to get right clicks. By twenty minutes in a level 3 decrepofy followed by a level 2 life drain did zero damage

zero

none

nada

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
He's fucking unkillable without like fifty minutes of farm. What are you supposed to do? Can't nuke him, takes time to get right click and/or ghost sceptors. By twenty minutes in a level 3 decrepofy followed by a level 2 life drain did zero damage

zero

none

nada

? you can nuke him all you want until he drops below 50%, and then you just right click him and he melts more quickly than ember spirit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
He's fucking unkillable without like fifty minutes of farm. What are you supposed to do? Can't nuke him, takes time to get right click and/or ghost sceptors. By twenty minutes in a level 3 decrepofy followed by a level 2 life drain did zero damage

zero

none

nada

And this is why Huskar is the hero with the least deaths of anyone!

Oh wait no, sorry, he has the MOST deaths. Yeah, got this chart of unkillable people upside down. Turns out the hardest guy to kill really is Phantom Lancer.

The Technomancer

And this is why Huskar is the hero with the least deaths of anyone!

Oh wait no, sorry, he has the MOST deaths. Yeah, got this chart of unkillable people upside down. Turns out the hardest guy to kill really is Phantom Lancer.

Yeah because a lot of people play him like a moron and jump in 1v5

Quesa

Speaking of Huskarr, a friend of mine told me he was gonna practice Meepo even if he was the worst hero in the game, which I told him wasn't true. Then he asked who the worst hero in dota was, and I said luna, then Huskarr, then like two other answers. I know there's team comp to consider and no hero is truly worthless, but who, in general, does GAF think adds the least to a team/is the most situational and hard to justify hero?

The Technomancer

Speaking of Huskarr, a friend of mine told me he was gonna practice Meepo even if he was the worst hero in the game, which I told him wasn't true. Then he asked who the worst hero in dota was, and I said luna, then Huskarr, then like two other answers. I know there's team comp to consider and no hero is truly worthless, but who, in general, does GAF think adds the least to a team/is the most situational and hard to justify hero?

Luna is one of the best man, or at least one of the most reliable. One of the safer carry picks.

Right now, I dunno, Brood doesn't seem good for much.

? you can nuke him all you want until he drops below 50%, and then you just right click him and he melts more quickly than ember spirit.

Once he was below 50% the bonus damage and AS let him kill our right clickers faster then they could kill him. And we couldn't just group up, because as soon as we did then they did and we couldn't win teamfights.

Aaron

All Pick is for tryhards and masochists. Everyone else plays RD, though I like limited Captain's myself.

Broodmother still isn't bad at split push, though latest nerf weakened her much.
Lina is a decent support for all around damage with a little stun.

The Technomancer

All Pick is for tryhards and masochists. Everyone else plays RD, though I like limited Captain's myself.

Broodmother still isn't bad at split push, though latest nerf weakened her much.

It was actually an RD game, but I mostly play RD so that I won't basically be playing against a team of Warlock, Phantom Lancer, Natures Prophet, Sniper, and uhm Puck I guess every single goddamn game

I've been trying to explain to my Dota friends that Linda is a shit hero but only Satch accepts it. Pretty much every other support in the game remains superior to her. Laguna Blade is her only redeeming quality.
b80efe23.gif

Aaron

It was actually an RD game, but I mostly play RD so that I won't basically be playing against a team of Warlock, Phantom Lancer, Natures Prophet, Sniper, and uhm Puck I guess every single goddamn game
Heh, I was playing SD and I got PL twice almost back to back. My team won because late game PL is a monster. Super easy to farm with. Death Prophet is another tower melter I have to hope is either on my team or not in the pool. Those ghosts not counting as magic continues to be bullshit.

The thing with DotA is that there are situations where any hero can be great. I would say if you were playing a 5v5, in my mind Clinkz and Broodmother. Zeus is kind of a dickbag too. Invoker pre-buffs from this patch was pretty uninspiring, and Wisp unless you have a lineup dedicated to it (unless you're playing a league game in other words) is pretty useless. Enchantress has in recent years seemed like a crappier more "carry"-oriented version of Chen.

Pratfall

I continue to be pretty terrible with bane sleeps. I love the hero so much but I just suck at target selection for sleep, especially on a team with a bunch of right clickers. Should I just not use it?

The Technomancer

Heh, I was playing SD and I got PL twice almost back to back. My team won because late game PL is a monster. Super easy to farm with. Death Prophet is another tower melter I have to hope is either on my team or not in the pool. Those ghosts not counting as magic continues to be bullshit.

My problem with Lancer is basically the same as my problem with Natures Prophet. Neither hero is unbeatable by any means. But generally speaking they require a level of co-ordination difficult to find in random pub MM and more importantly both of them punish mistakes more harshly then just about any other hero in the game. Give a Lancer an inch and he'll take a mile and then you'll never get that mile back because once he pushes a lane in it never pushes out.

Its not unbeatable. But its exhausting.

Razzer

I continue to be pretty terrible with bane sleeps. I love the hero so much but I just suck at target selection for sleep, especially on a team with a bunch of right clickers. Should I just not use it?

Tbf if your team is mostly rightclick then you should keep sleep for defense in the mid/late game. Or use it on whoever you are ignoring but don't want to cast anything.

Edit: PL is hard and frustrating to beat when he is fat, but when you do it's oh so satisfying, so it's worth it in the end.

Edit: PL is hard and frustrating to beat when he is fat, but when you do it's oh so satisfying, so it's worth it in the end.

People always try and outcarry him instead of countering him. You want 1 detection or someone dedicated to detection, and Sven and/or ES. Why I don't see more Sven picks against PL is beyond me. Get Sven Crit and a BKB and he can smash PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom