• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then make it/get someone to make it.

You have an owl in TF2, you can make it happen.

This is all I made for that item :(
599px-Sir_Hootsalot_Concept_Art.jpg

this conecept art finally made me realise what Kraken Shell's Skill Icon was.
Tide's icons are bad anyway. They look too vectory and are obviously early alpha icons that have existed for too long

GorillaJu

The concept art is better yeah, it's darker and more stylized. I think they want the game to be more accessible and light-hearted though. And I imagine it'd be extra difficult to animate models like that concept art in a way that fits the style.

Low Tier
chilling touch and metamorphosis means u hit for like 300 a hit what a great hero.

or you could get a dd and end the game

GorillaJu

Leo is like the perfect hero for reactionary players. You literally just kind of wobble around slowly in the immediate radius around you as people attempt to fight you then realize oh fuck I'm going to lose this fight, but it doesn't matter because he has so much god damn INT now that he can throw 3 firebolts and still have enough mana for ult. You don't have to do anything, because you're the carry so the fight will ultimately come to you. You just click on the nearest shit and hope for some crits.

His win rate is super high in upper tier games. Same with Riki. Which is funny because those are both heroes that are "shit-tier" heroes (shit-tier as in, they are known for shitting on low level players, not for being bad heroes).

Raytow

Leo is like the perfect hero for reactionary players. You literally just kind of wobble around slowly in the immediate radius around you as people attempt to fight you then realize oh fuck I'm going to lose this fight, but it doesn't matter because he has so much god damn INT now that he can throw 3 firebolts and still have enough mana for ult. You don't have to do anything, because you're the carry so the fight will ultimately come to you. You just click on the nearest shit and hope for some crits.

His win rate is super high in upper tier games. Same with Riki. Which is funny because those are both heroes that are "shit-tier" heroes (shit-tier as in, they are known for shitting on low level players, not for being bad heroes).
What heroe is that?

Chris R

I'll watch F2P but it would be nice if it would serve as an entry point to people I know, would love to play the game with a LOCAL stack of friends.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
leoric

tho i have nfi what he means by 'reactionary' players.

whats so reactionary about sk

he has so many options

I'll watch F2P but it would be nice if it would serve as an entry point to people I know, would love to play the game with a LOCAL stack of friends.

In the same boat as you. Everyone I know IRL that plays MOBA's plays LoL.

GorillaJu

leoric

tho i have nfi what he means by 'reactionary' players.

whats so reactionary about sk

You just have to react to what happens around you, not go out and do things proactively. There's no job for you to do, just kind of click on some stuff and the rest just works itself out.

I'm pretty sure 'reactionary' or 'reactive' both work in this case.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Surprised they haven't announced the price for the Free To Play Bundle, guess they didn't want people getting confused and thinking they had to pay for the movie.

Quesa

I've been wondering if swapping ES's skills again wouldn't improve him without breaking him. I was thinking that all damage values would remain the same, but push silences when using a remnant, pull gives you the slow (30/40/50/60% or something), and remnant roll gives you the stun. This lets you set up quasi-pull/roll/push (otherwise known as dat PuRP) combos, but if the enemy has a skill to stop you or a quick escape, they can use it. And if someone wants to get max stun, they'll have to max the skill that puts you most at risk. I do see how having such a long-range skillshot stun could be annoying, but at higher skill caps, rolling into someone is a near-guarantee that you'll push them anyway. Iunno.

ElyrionX

Been losing a lot as Puck lately. The hero falls off so much in late game and it gets harder if your team does no damage. Late-game initiation is also a lot harder than I thought. The timing matters so much and I don't think I am very good at it.

Oh, and I've been playing him offlane which I am fine with. Early to mid-game, it's really not hard to have an impact and I contribute a lot to teamfights without much farm. Late-game is the huge issue here.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Lol. All this talk of radiance Naga being op and I just lost a game playing it. Their team was all carries, with tons of antipush which made it hard.

I think mainly I just got so focused on farming and microing my illusions that I didn't come to fights early enough and they all had bkb's anyway so I wasn't accomplishing much to be honest even when I did.

Pretty shitty game overall, but I sort of learned to play the hero.

it's not op at all. Ppl just hate losing to it. I've yet to see more than a handful of people play a decent radiance naga.

Yeah, we likely will get a patch allowing you to buy the Free to Play Bundle tonight, since the movie come out in 24 hours on steam.

I don't know, that seems kind of early to make them buyable. It'd be pretty easy to just ship it a few minutes before/after F2P launches. Especially since they said the bundle will be released on the 19th.

inkls

Could the new ot title have something to do with sigma and their recent game?

Dota 2 OT "Made new thread because we miss skilled the last one"

or something like that

Could the new ot title have something to do with sigma and their recent game?

Dota 2 OT "Made new thread because we miss skilled the last one"

or something like that
The thread has to exist for three+ months. It should probably be something that will remain relevant for more than a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom