• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Disrespect is comedy gold (Escape from Tarkov).

Enjay

Banned
I'm only interested in the next outlandish stunt he does (like faking his house being shot at again or filming people in bathrooms) couldn't care less about his regular old schtick of playing video games.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
It was slowly building on Twitch but it hit overdrive when they started giving in-game drops to people watching streams on twitch. You can get million ruble items ingame simply by watching streams now.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Dr. Disrespectmywife is well just not that entertaining. Only thing that would have been is if his wife took him for a ride and uploaded that shit.

Hestar69

Doc's the best streamer on twitch. It's nice to watch him to play something other than PUBG or shitnite.Escape from Tarkov seems pretty intresting,I wish I had a copy to try it out.

This thread reminded me that I bought this shit over a year and a half ago. Never even played it. I'm downloading it now and I'm going to actually play it out of general principal.

TexMex

Really enjoy the Doc, but this is far from “comedy gold.” Come on.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm only interested in the next outlandish stunt he does (like faking his house being shot at again or filming people in bathrooms) couldn't care less about his regular old schtick of playing video games.
The gunshooting was a fake?

Lol what a guy...

Kadayi

Banned

Stuart360

I can’t watch a lot of the doc but let’s face it, he has more Charisma then Ninja, tfue, shroud, Tim, and cohh combined. An actual entertainer.
Shroud is a weird one. He's a real nice guy, with a cool sounding voice lol, but he has zero charisma, and hardly ever responds to chat, or talk to them. I'm surprised he's as big as he is.
Same with Cohh, great guy, but zero charisma.
I do like Doc though, and his production levels are second to none.

I tried playing this today. Woods map. Spawned, walked around for 4 mins and 50 seconds, didn't see a soul, so quit. I guess I'm missing something.

Filth

I tried playing this today. Woods map. Spawned, walked around for 4 mins and 50 seconds, didn't see a soul, so quit. I guess I'm missing something.
I have the game. I played the game. I dont understand the game. Two different modes. One to get items. One with npcs mixed with real people. I seriously dont understand it.

I have the game. I played the game. I dont understand the game. Two different modes. One to get items. One with npcs mixed with real people. I seriously dont understand it.

They're both the same mode. You choose to play one of two roles, scav (scavenger) or your main. You can earn loot for your main character playing either role. With scavs, you start a raid with minimal random gear. If you survive, you keep what you've found. If you die, you lose nothing. With your main, you play with gear from your stash that you've earned. Again, you keep what you find if you escape. If you die, you lose everything. You can only earn xp while playing your main.

Also check the quests from the vendors. There's a TON of content here.

This series will get you up to speed quickly:

Last edited:

Stuart360

Its basically a more indepth version of the Dark Zones from the Division. Its all about risk and reward. You go in and try to find loot and make your way to the extraction points, but do you do that early on when you get a cool gun, or wait and search more but meaning there is more chance you will be killed and lose the lot etc.
I played it for a month a year or two ago, and it can be incredibly tense, probably the most tense game i ever played, but its certainly NOT for everyone, and its set up ridiculously if you are a new player, basically zero guidance.

GHG

Gold Member

Get in, get loot from the map and other players, get out one of your extraction points.

The overall aim is to get better and better loot over time and increase your standing with the npc traders via trades and/or completing quests for them.

If you fail in your escape from the map you lose everything, and that's where the tension comes in.

As jackfrags friend in the video below said, "one does not simply play Tarkov" :

Patrick S.

Banned
Dunno if it's inappropriate here, but I've got a spare Tarkov key up for trade for another game. "Control" would be awesome.

Flintty

We all can agree that The Doc is amazing.
He's the face of Twitch for a reason.

I was surprised to see his face on advertising boards in my local GAME over Xmas (I know, evil shop but I was looking for gift inspiration). I didn’t realise he was that big in UK.

GHG

Gold Member
Thanks all. Are many people still playing the game? Like I said, I couldn't find anyone and it took ages for the game to begin.

The game begins the moment you join the server. There is no real start and end time like there is in battle royale games. Just figure out your extraction points, explore the map, find cool shit and kill whatever stands between you and the exit (if you can).

The servers have been a bit unstable in the last few days though due to the high influx of new players.

It's looking like this will be the big new hot multiplayer game of 2020.

Last edited:
Tesseract would've loved this thread
HWaQd6Z.png

For real? The servers are overloaded right now cause so many new people are joining.
As I said above, it took around 6 minutes for the game to begin and then I spent 5 minutes walking around the woods without seeing a single player. But I have zero experience with this game so apparently this is normal.

Doc's the best streamer on twitch. It's nice to watch him to play something other than PUBG or shitnite.Escape from Tarkov seems pretty intresting,I wish I had a copy to try it out.

it's like i said before

Escape of Tarkov>>>>>> Battle royale games

Last edited:

Hestar69

Yeah, It wasn't a fake. Still doesn't stop Letter Poster Drivebys like Enjay posting the same BS up whenever Doc gets mentioned in a thread because apparently his success offends them something fierce it seems :pie_eyeroll:

Yeah,I get it..His stick may rub people the wrong way,especially with how he always "deletes" a game and the next day he's back on it complaining,lol.

As for EFT. Watched a few Streams. Seems pretty intense for sure.
Is like i said before

Escape of Tarkov>>>>>> Battle royale games

I haven't played EOT but it looks great and BR have gotten stale

-Fortnite is a building simulator with bloom RNG that's god awful

-PUBG they don't even try anymore with this game

-Apex legends First month everyone was playing this. Now, you don't hear anything about it, except a cringey video at the video games award show

I haven't played EOT but it looks great and BR have gotten stale

-Fortnite is a building simulator with bloom RNG that's god awful

-PUBG they don't even try anymore with this game

-Apex legends First month everyone was playing this. Now, you don't hear anything about it, except a cringey video at the video games award show

EOT It's great, it's more tactical and the weaponry as well as the customization of the weapons is immense and the reload is realistic.

You can also "feel" the wounds of the body is more realistic, you can walk slowly if you are shot in the leg, coughing blood if you are shot in the chest or hallucinations or neurological alterations if you have serious head injuries

It really is a simulation of tactical operations.

Fornite instead is a piece of shit that creates "Walls out of nothing" with mediocre weaponry and an unfair scoring system.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
As I said above, it took around 6 minutes for the game to begin and then I spent 5 minutes walking around the woods without seeing a single player. But I have zero experience with this game so apparently this is normal.
Believe me in this game it's better to get your loot and get out without seeing anyone because if you do you better hope you brought the right stuff for a fight. Tarkov is tense and brutal.

Top Bottom