• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Neo Cortex voice actor implies Crash Bandicoot return?

Why would they even bring Crash back? 3D platformers are dead and buried and there is no big audience for them.

DCmIvO2.png

3ZwNO3x.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought his VA was Clancy Brown (Lex Luthor, Mr. Krabs, Earth Kingdom vizier whose name I forgot)

Ahh I see

the only post-ND games I've played were Crash Bash and Twinsanity. I guess I didn't recognize Lang's voicework in the latter.

In Twinsanity, he tended a little closer to Clancy, so some people didn't notice, but as the games went on they told him to "flamboyant it up".

I'll never fully understand why people think Crash will translate well today.

Good thing it's not your job to! They've got people for that.

Yawnier

Banned
I did my umpteenth playthrough of Crash: Warped (the third one) about a month or two ago and after I beat it, it had me think as to how a new Crash Bandicoot game would play like today.

Kind of hard to believe that Crash Bandicoot is about 20 years old now like god damn man...

and all these teases largely over the last few years are pretty suspicious. You know what they say, that when there is smoke there is fire.

I really want crash back. But let's just think, what kind of game would crash be these days? Some kind of weird open world platformer?

Let's face it, it wouldn't be like crash 1,2 or 3.

But DAMN do i want him back. Crash 1,2,3 are some of my favourite games. I loved they they were difficult.

I really want crash back. But let's just think, what kind of game would crash be these days? Some kind of weird open world platformer?

But DAMN do i want him back. Crash 1,2,3 are some of my favourite games. I loved they they were difficult.

Honestly, if it's like Crash 3 I think it could do very well. The variety in Warped still floors me to this day. Just tighten up the extra gameplay like flying and racing and you've got a winner.

farisr

Why wouldn't they want it to do the new crash game in the style of the most popular and beloved entries? Doing it in that style also means less risk as it'll require less budget than an open world platformer would.

If 2d platformers can still come out, so can a game in the style of Crash 1-3.

It just needs to have good level design.

Lingitiz

I wonder who would realistically have the chops to translate Crash into the modern era. I hope this isn't just a lame nostalgia play that they farm out, but I honestly don't know who within the stable of Sony studios would develop a new game.

Galang

Banned
At this point the people that don't have faith in this are the same ones who don't think Mother 3 is coming either. Sometimes good things do happen in this world

Crash Bandicoot is riding a warthog, dodging island natives, spikes, and spitroasts. His warthog is getting very, very tired.

Coco Bandicoot: Hey Crash, it looks like you need a boost! Why don't you try the new FORD FOCUS?

Crash: Wahoo!

Crash jumps in the drivers seat and makes roadkill out of everything.

Dr. Neo Cortex: CURSE THAT INCESSANT BANDICOOT!

Dr. Nitrus Brio: But Doctor Cortex, with the advanced fuel economy of the Ford Focus, Crash Bandicoot may well be unstoppable!

Dr. Neo Cortex: Ohhhh, you're right! There's no way we can compete with such an engineering marvel! If only I'd thought of it FIRST...

FORD: GO FURTHER

Is the uncharted 4 easter egg a 2D section with nate, if thats what it is then Crash is coming back

only sony would let Naughty dog put that in the game

I am so tempted to go look in that uncharted 4 Easter egg thread

Is the uncharted 4 easter egg a 2D section with nate, if thats what it is then Crash is coming back

Nope, but the thought of Drake going through a 2D platform stage jumping and spinning is hilarious

Kinsei

Banned

The answer you're looking for

______No______

It's something a lot more than that.

Crash Bandicoot is riding a warthog, dodging island natives, spikes, and spitroasts. His warthog is getting very, very tired.

Coco Bandicoot: Hey Crash, it looks like you need a boost! Why don't you try the new FORD FOCUS?

Crash: Wahoo!

Crash jumps in the drivers seat and makes roadkill out of everything.

Dr. Neo Cortex: CURSE THAT INCESSANT BANDICOOT!

Dr. Nitrus Brio: But Doctor Cortex, with the advanced fuel economy of the Ford Focus, Crash Bandicoot may well be unstoppable!

Dr. Neo Cortex: Ohhhh, you're right! There's no way we can compete with such an engineering marvel! If only I'd thought of it FIRST...

FORD: GO FURTHER

Consider me a Ford owner.

The Lamp

I have no doubt he's coming back but I have no idea why or how. I cannot fathom a reality where the Crash IP is still relevant to gaming. The gameplay is super dated, the character is a 90s icon, I just don't get it. I need Sony to prove me they can bring this IP back meaningfully without it just being a nostalgia circlejerk.

I have no doubt he's coming back but I have no idea why or how. I cannot fathom a reality where the Crash IP is still relevant to gaming. The gameplay is super dated, the character is a 90s icon, I just don't get it. I need Sony to prove me they can bring this IP back meaningfully without it just being a nostalgia circlejerk.

50+ Million Sales, extreme boosts in traffic to sites covering the rumors, thousand-post threads, yeah, I'd say it's pretty irrelevant mane

The Lamp

50+ Million Sales, extreme boosts in traffic to sites covering the rumors, thousand-post threads, yeah, I'd say it's pretty irrelevant mane

50 million in sales for games mostly from 15-20 years ago, no?

That doesn't prove there's a profitable market for an entire big budget Crash sequel today.

Traffic boosts are because it's shocking news and Crash was big for PlayStation. Was.

At this point it's one of those things that's becoming true because people on the internet won't stop asking about it, like how Sony saved The Last Guardian.

Maybe a $30-40 small studio game kinda thing could come out of this but it's really hard to see Crash PS4 being more than that.

The gameplay is extremely outdated and I'd say they'd need to completely rework the platforming formula.

50 million in sales for games mostly from 15-20 years ago, no?

That doesn't prove there's a profitable market for an entire big budget Crash sequel today.

Traffic boosts are because it's shocking news and Crash was big for PlayStation. Was.

At this point it's one of those things that's becoming true because people on the internet won't stop asking about it, like how Sony saved The Last Guardian.

Maybe a $30-40 small studio game kinda thing could come out of this but it's really hard to see Crash PS4 being more than that.

The gameplay is extremely outdated and I'd say they'd need to completely rework the platforming formula.

Maybe it's just me, but if something elicits that response, it means it's still big. Something can be a big deal and not be something that's at the forefront of discussion all the time.

And if we're talking profitable market, does the success of Ratchet and Clank's most recent release mean anything to you? That's not that much of a change from the original Ratchet, in 2002, yet somehow it's selling well and scoring high. Quality usurps the importance of 'relevancy'.

Plus, the bolded is ENTIRELY subjective.

pixelation

I fear the worst at E3....

CRASH BANDICOOT IS BACK!!!! A Game by Activision!!

And then goofy tribal tat hipster Crash bumbles on screen with his baby talk mumbling out "I heard you guys are looking for me??" Before cutting to footage of Skylanders type toys and figures as a Wii U exclusive.

I hate you...
please don't be Nostradamus reincarnate T_T

Top Bottom