• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION Gameplay Series -- Part Two: Redcliffe Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffG

Conspiracy theory? So who do u blame for DA2? So who's idea was it to give DA2 less than 2 years dev time? Did Bioware speak up then? Look at my post history, I love Bioware and I HOPE that this is the only compromise they had to make with EA to give us the best game possible. That's my only concern, I want the best game possible.

Its probably the "disaster" of DA2 that gave the Bioware the ability to allow them more time to develop DA:I (maybe Battlefield helped too)

DOWN

Banned
Conspiracy theory? So who do u blame for DA2? So who's idea was it to give DA2 less than 2 years dev time? Did Bioware speak up then? Look at my post history, I love Bioware and I HOPE that this is the only compromise they had to make with EA to give us the best game possible. That's my only concern, I want the best game possible.

Dat DA2 multiplayer

DA2 doesn't lend any more weight to the theory that mp damages sp. But I get your idea about EA power.

Ridesh

Banned

Inon Zur, DA: Origins & II composer:

"Unlike other titles from Bioware, this [score] was kind of a rush job", he tells IGN. "EA really wanted to capitalize on the success of Origins, so the game was really being pushed hard to be released now."

http://kotaku.com/5780870/ever-wonder-why-dragon-age-ii-came-out-so-soon

Also, I remember reading that BioWare planned a larger and more elaborated Suicide Mission for ME2, but for lack of time and resources they could not go for it.

Anyway, the real reason about EA letting DA:Inquisition to have a proper development time must be the horrible sales and word-of-mouth of Dragon Age II.

Dat DA2 multiplayer

DA2 doesn't lend any more weight to the theory that mp damages sp. But I get your idea about EA power.

Right but in DA2 it wasn't MP, it was press a to win combat. I truly feel EA Influenced this change or why else would you do it? Now EA's pushing mp, it's always something. Just like each ME had less and less RPG elements. I'm sure papa EA had something to do with that too.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Right but in DA2 it wasn't MP, it was press a to win combat. I truly feel EA Influenced this change or why else would you do it? Now EA's pushing mp, it's always something. Just like each ME had less and less RPG elements. I'm sure papa EA had something to do with that too.

BioWare made the bed they're in, EA just provided the materials. EA might have been the ones who wanted to capitalize on DAO's success quickly, but it was BioWare who agreed to the terms of development and didn't ask or push for more time. They are ultimately the ones who crafted and came up with all the final gameplay and story elements. Same will be the case here with DAI and with ME4 after that.

Greg Zeschuk said it best 'EA gives you enough rope to hang yourself..." The entire interview is pretty good and illuminating on the merger with EA and how things operate between the two. Being a part of EA isn't perfect, it has it's advantages and disadvantages, same as being independent, and it's up to BioWare's management to ensure that whatever terms of development are struck are what's best for their team and game.

Ridesh

Banned
:O

BtgLqDnCcAASM51.jpg:large

Hedge

Damnn I'm so excited! I wish we'd get some gameplay from the "unrevealed" specializations. I want to see some Rift Mage gameplay.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
No, they're just not minimaps. What you see there is called a "radar".

That and the fact that BioWare really wants to push the exploration aspect of the game and so they probably don't want to have some set path shown on screen which would lead many players to sticking to said path and not venturing off on their own as much.

Squire

Banned
That and the fact that BioWare really wants to push the exploration aspect of the game and so they probably don't want to have some set path shown on screen which would lead many players to sticking to said path and not venturing off on their own as much.

For sure. There's definitely an intent to have you wander around at least a little.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
This better be some in depth Tactical shit or I'm gonna have to kill somebody. Also Female Warrior Qunari looks boss as fuck.

wolfhowwl

Banned
Interview with Mike Laidlaw.

http://www.rpgsite.net/interview/37...nd-beyond-with-dragon-age-s-creative-director

Snippet on exploration.

My goal with Inquisition is to have stuff that people don't find. I actually sent out a little demand: every single level must have at least one cave no one ever tells me to go in. No quests, no pointers, nothing. I don't care where you put it: I don't want to know where it is! Obviously, the team took that to heart and went even further.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
That's a pretty awesome demand. I love hearing about stuff like that. Like in Icewind Dale where any dev could add a crazy adventure troop to the game so long as they beat the game with that group.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Another interesting tidbit from the Laidlaw interview is that it seems you can control the dodge ability in tactical mode while paused.

I've seen people look at things like the rolling - the dodge, where the rogue rolls to the side. People would say, "That'll never work in tactical." Sure it can! You draw a line AOE to the right and press A to confirm... and when you unpause, he rolls that way! But you have to think it all through. You have to hold yourself to that.

So that's pretty cool, don't know if that means it's an activated ability or just an action button, also curious if it's the same for the drive move we've seen from warriors as well.

Moff

I'm very glad to hear rolling is in tactical mode, it sounded way to strong/important to have it only on directly controlled characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom