• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball fans, how do you feel about the inclusion of GT content in future games?

All of Super is lazy. It has no new ideas. Everything is just stuff from Z done bigger.

Here's Frieza with a new form like Super Saiyan. Here's a blue super saiyan. Here's red Super Saiyan. Here's Goku going Kaioken while in blue super saiyan. Here' piccolo shooting three special beam canons. Here's Future Trunks AGAIN. Here's Vegito AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Here's Broly BUT A GIRL!!!

No lies here

Not even Beerus? Well, to each their own...

Beerus is a great design,I give you that.

Goku went from:
2859238-VegetaGoldenGreatApe.jpg

To
45A.jpg

Growing pants, boots, wristbands, leather belt.

Vegeta went from
tumblr_lra52hQro81qjqtvbo1_500.jpg

to

latest

Growing pants, boots, globes, belt.

The worst part is that Goku even goes from
goku12.jpg

to

latest

Changing the wristbands colors, losing the upper body, totally changing what he's wearing on the feet, changing the leather belt and enlargering the pants.

No.
Fucking.
Sense.

LOL you want sense in Dragon Ball,nothing makes sense in DBZ/GT/Super,better than just swap the hair's color,at least has style :p
SSJ4 Vegeta the best

LotusHD

Banned
No lies here

Nah, I dunno how anyone can say Super has literally no new ideas without them being willingly obtuse or reductive.

Beerus is a great design,I give you that.

You better! :p

LOL you want sense in Dragon Ball,nothing makes sense in DBZ/GT/Super,better than just swap the hair's color,at least has style :p
SSJ4 Vegeta the best

Well... it has more going on, that's for sure. The only SSJ4 transformation I haven't soured on is Gogeta, he still looks fresh to this day. Though I never did like Vegeta's look, he has always looked stupid to me since Day 1.

Magwik

Banned
In regards to Vegito, I'm still certain they brought him out in Super just so he could lose and have fans shut up about fusions.
He got nerfed hard.

Durden77

I'm almost sure there isn't true, to be honest. Doing some digging and it seems to be a misinterpretation from fans about Pan's bio in a daizenshuu.

As if they took that to mean because she's a quarter saiyan, she couldn't turn Oozaru or Super Saiyan. Reading it, it appears to me to suggest that despite her only being a quarter saiyan (and not having Oozaru or Super Saiyan) that she still has amazing power due to her Saiyan heritage.

The GT perfect files also suggest she has the potential to turn Super Saiyan, as translated by Herms, a well known contributor in the Dragonball fandom.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14812

As far as Super Pan being better than GT Pan, I think it's too early to say. I really liked GT Pan.

Yeah, sorry didn't mean to mislead anyone. I know I heard of it but I don't know where, and it might have just been someone referencing that bio like you said.

And I don't know if it's too early to say when infant Pan is already kicking ass in Super, which is godlike, but it probably is.

No lies here

People that look at Super from the outside and really think it has nothing going on for it except bigger are ridiculous. It definitely has problems, but it does some really cool stuff too.

And like GT didn't do a lot of the same shit that initial post implied. Here's a Super Saiyan, but STRONGER. Here's Android 17, but EVIL-ER. Here's Gogeta, but BETTER. GT undoubtedly had some awesome concepts, but it fell flat on it's face with nearly all of them in terms of execution. Hell SSJ4 would even be cooler if it wasn't called SSJ4, which doesn't make sense considering it's a completely different type of form. Should have been called Oozaru Saiyan or something.

Beerus and what he brings with him alone in regards to the DB universe is executed better than pretty much anything GT tried to bring to the table.

Some Nobody

In regards to Vegito, I'm still certain they brought him out in Super just so he could lose and have fans shut up about fusions.
He got nerfed hard.

He didn't lose or get nerfed, but the earrings sure did. He was wiping the floor with Zamasu until the fusion ran out.

Vegito remains undefeated and busted as all hell.

And like GT didn't do a lot of the same shit that initial post implied. Here's a Super Saiyan, but STRONGER. Here's Android 17, but EVIL-ER. Here's Gogeta, but BETTER. GT undoubtedly had some awesome concepts, but it fell flat on it's face with nearly all of them in terms of execution. Hell SSJ4 would even be cooler if it wasn't called SSJ4, which doesn't make sense considering it's a completely different type of form. Should have been called Oozaru Saiyan or something.

They both suck

Hydrus

All of Super is lazy. It has no new ideas. Everything is just stuff from Z done bigger.

Here's Frieza with a new form like Super Saiyan. Here's a blue super saiyan. Here's red Super Saiyan. Here's Goku going Kaioken while in blue super saiyan. Here' piccolo shooting three special beam canons. Here's Future Trunks AGAIN. Here's Vegito AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Here's Broly BUT A GIRL!!!

Ok I got to jump in this. I have my issues with Super and definitely hate a lot about it. I definitely don't like it more then Z, or the OG. It's kind of tied with GT right now, maybe slightly better. But all of it is lazy!? The show has brought some GREAT new characters to the franchise. Beerus, Whis, Goku Black, Zamasu, Hit, Caulifla, Champa, Frost, Toppo and the pride fighters. All great new characters. The Future Trunks arc was great. The current arc is fun. Making old characters like 17, Krillin, and Tien relevant again makes me happy. It's had some amazing filler/ slice of life episodes, including one of the best and funniest episodes ( The Baseball one). It doesn't have the serious tone of Z, but it's fun to watch. Also has some of the best openings in the franchise. Super started off rough but it's really turning into a great series.

LotusHD

Banned
Ok I got to jump in this. I have my issues with Super and definitely hate a lot about it. I definitely don't like it more then Z, or the OG. It's kind of tied with GT right now, maybe slightly better. But all of it is lazy!? The show has brought some GREAT new characters to the franchise. Beerus, Whis, Goku Black, Zamasu, Hit, Caulifla, Champa, Frost, Toppo and the pride fighters. All great new characters. The Future Trunks arc was great. The current arc is fun. Making old characters like 17, Krillin, and Tien relevant again makes me happy. It's had some amazing filler/ slice of life episodes, including one of the best and funniest episodes ( The Base ball one). It doesn't have the serious tone of Z, but it's fun to watch. Also has some of the best openings in the franchise. Super started off rough but it's really turning into a great series.

It has a blue Super Saiyan though, so none of what you said matters tho

LotusHD

Banned
Pan is the redeeming feature of GT, a strong female.
Everything else is dumpster fire

I'm still upset that she never went Super Saiyan, but w/e, Super got that covered finally. Overall, she's alright, but I remember someone calling her the Scrappy Doo of the DBZ franchise, and honestly that is so apt lol

SSG and SSB has got to be Toriyama's most perfect troll. People are never gonna let that shit go.

Lol

SS4 is the best super saiyan form because it looks like how a SS should, a fucking super monkey

SSJ4 has cool lore behind it, at least better than SSB, but design-wise I am just no longer feeling it. It it just too busy for me... I guess. Except for SSJ4 Gogeta, he will always be cool. Just like Vegeta especially will always look bad.

Orb

As a person who does not like Dragon ball at all, the red fur buff goku(ssj#?) Is the only design I like and i do not know why

Siebendud

Neo Member
SS4 is the best super saiyan form because it looks like how a SS should, a fucking super monkey

This is 100% true, I don't mind GT characters in DB games because they're great designs IMO, SS4 is beast, I just love it and makes relevant the oozaru transformation.

Top Bottom