• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighter Z crosses 3.5M copies sold; highest-selling Arc System Works fighting game

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
DBFZ sold 3.5 million copies, according to a recent announcement by Bandai Namco. This makes it ASW's best-selling game and best-selling fighting game in the company's history. Furthermore, this puts sales above Street Fighter V and Tekken 7.

4662760.jpg

Arc System Works' 3v3 fighting game has filled a void left behind by the not-so-popular Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. The animation and art style are similar to ASW's last major release, Guilty Gear Xrd.

Over the summer, Dragon Ball Fighter Z made headlines when it received more EVO 2018 entrants than longstanding favorite Street Fighter V.

EVO 2018 Top 8 DBFZ:

Source at Gematsu

TacosNSalsa

DBFZ sold 3.5 million copies, according to a recent announcement by Bandai Namco. This makes it ASW's best-selling game and best-selling fighting game in the company's history. Furthermore, this puts sales above Street Fighter V and Tekken 7.

4662760.jpg

Arc System Works' 3v3 fighting game has filled a void left behind by the not-so-popular Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite. The animation and art style are similar to ASW's last major release, Guilty Gear Xrd.

Over the summer, Dragon Ball Fighter Z made headlines when it received more EVO 2018 entrants than longstanding favorite Street Fighter V.

EVO 2018 Top 8 DBFZ:

Source at Gematsu

Just like Spider-Man :Talented developers+Beloved franchise (should)= great sales. I know it's more complicated than that but I'm sure people get what I mean

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Just like Spider-Man :Talented developers+Beloved franchise (should)= great sales. I know it's more complicated than that but I'm sure people get what I mean
Well not all the time... Let's not forget TMNT + Platinum. How could they mess that one up after Transformers?

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Deservably so.

This game has a lot more heart soul AND content put on it than both of those games combined.

Tekken and Street Fighter need to make a small reset on their IPs if they wish them to be relevant.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Something I love about this game: the script is self-aware and is pretty funny if you enjoy Dragon Ball humor. If you're a fan of DBZ, the game is worth playing for that alone.

Nymphae

Banned
Glad it did well, and it's a really awesome package. I enjoyed watching the Evo tournaments as well. But I actually sold my copy recently, I just can't get into it personally. I don't even mind anime fighters, mostly a BlazBlue guy, but something about this one just didn't grab me. The roster didn't feel very diverse, and I found the story mode to be insanely boring.

Top Bottom