• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Anth0ny

kaioken ssb? probably just a super animation, but I'll take it!

also definitive proof that Super material will be in the game, at least up to the U6 tournament arc. Hoping Hit is playable.

Balfour

cooooool

does the scan say anything about 16 being a playable character? I'm assuming yes, since it would be a bit strange if he was the focus of the story mode but not playable.

If you fight them in battle, you can play as them

But ArcSys is notorious for having numerous characters in their stories that can not be played as for a long time

Like even if they made like Nappa, it doesn't mean ypu can fight or play as him, even if he was a focus

The scans are up on twitter, and Goku is using Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken in it.

It's just a shame they used their regular outfits instead of their ROF ones.

like i said, maybe it's just a transformation that last a certain amount of time like golden frieza, so it make sens it's still the same outfits

There aren't a lot of SSB Vegeta exclusive new moves, they are still things they can use if they go back to saiyan saga or majin Vegeta but I don't know if they'd do that since we might get something like a Majin Vegeta DLC one day and of course SSB Geets never used some of this stuff.

Like the full body ki blast he used to kill Nappa, the ki rings he used in the SSJ2 Goku fight, gut beam he used to kill Zarbon, etc.

Neoxon

So 16 is confirmed, too. I guess we may get the full trio of 16/17/18 after all.

Also, Kaio-Ken for SSB Goku definitively confirms that DBS content (at least up to the U6 Tournament) is fair game. Hopefully Hit gets in.

Another Goku and another Vegeta reminds of how Tenkaichi's roster were so ridiculous

Hope they are the only "clones" (seems like they are their own character tho) in the roster, want to see as much variety as possible

Moaradin

Nice to see SSB Kaio-Ken confirmed. If they're going that far into Super, then I hope it goes up to the Future Trunks arc at least.

Neoxon

https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/898085561952587776

#16 was NOT the first Android I expected but hey I'll take it! Hope we get the trio for dat TEAM hype

SSB is whatever... Guess that really confirms Super now.
If we're getting 16, then I'd imagine that the rest of the trio will follow. While there's a shadow of a doubt for 17, I don't think anyone doubts 18's chances.

But yeah, Hit's chances have now skyrocketed now that Super is definitively fair game.

RocBase

https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/898085561952587776

#16 was NOT the first Android I expected but hey I'll take it! Hope we get the trio for dat TEAM hype

SSB is whatever... Guess that really confirms Super now.

I do like how we got some form of word on Android 16 and 17 being in... all before 18, lol.

Not that I have any doubt about 18's inclusion, it's just a little amusing considering how much uncertainty there was regarding them. Still need to be confirmed playable tho, so let's keep the fingers crossed. X:

Neoxon

I do like how we got some form of word on Android 16 and 17 being in... all before 18, lol.

Not that I have any doubt about 18's inclusion, it's just a little amusing considering how much uncertainty there was regarding them. Still need to be confirmed playable tho, so let's keep the fingers crossed. X:
17 is only rumored right now, though his chances are pretty good.

If you look at the scans they seem like new characters with their own titles in the HUD (which isn't the case for Golden Freeza install IIRC)

maybe they just updated the game, and golden frieza will also have a new name and HUD image..... let me dream!

it will be akward when there's a team a three goku (goku SSJ, goku SSB, kid goku)

I thought people knew by now that clones rarely take the slot of a full character.

except they're probably not clones, we have a full fleged fighting game here, their move set will be diffrent if they're not transformation of the regular characters, we're talking about Arc System Works here

rmanthorp

maybe they just updated the game, and golden frieza will also have a new name and HUD image..... let me dream!

it will be akward when there's a team a three goku (goku SSJ, goku SSB, kid goku)

Wonder if they will lock you to one character per team of three... Probably not considering the competitive nature but have known other games to do that.

NEO0MJ

except they're probably not clones, we have a full fleged fighting game here, their move set will be diffrent if they're not transformation of the regular characters, we're talking about Arc System Works here

Like many mentioned, they might just have unique specials and supers. Unlike Holy Order Sol these guys are still sporting the outfits of their regular versions.

Guess we have to wait for more info.

J4g3r

The lack of RoF outfits is disappointing but I'll take it.

Weird to see 16 be the first Android "officially confirmed" - I was expecting 17 first after the build up they gave his return in Dragon Ball Super.

EDIT:

16 and 18 are playable, 17 is just an assist character for 18.

Android 18 - Axel Dance (She calls out 17 here for a combination attack).

I thought you were just teasing Slaythe - wat.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Super attacks for the new characters:
SSB Goku - 10xKaioken Kamehameha
SSB Vegeta - Final Flash Attack
Android 16 - Hell's Flash Maximum Power

There's still a chance for Super 17...!

But it's gonna be sooooooooooooooooooo good seeing SSBKK Goku in ArcSys style! :D

2a596e3d2d1f9f22c9aa14b8ad326d8451dbb352_hq.gif

smh at final flash again but what else can you do unless you use the manga.

Top Bottom