• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Asd202

I can't wait to do the same as Janemba :p

2b976097317a9da26e285806937d678a.jpg

Janemba in this game would so fucking good.

tumblr_nehgcjfS3l1se9xd2o1_500.gif

Just imagine this animation in game. Please Arcsys!

mas8705

As we get closer to TGS, I have to ask: What do you think the chances are that we will see more characters revealed than just Yamcha and Tien (and possibly 21 if she is or isn't playable)?

As I said before, the Kai stage does seem as though that is a soft confirmation for Kid Buu to be added in, but I'm going to cross my fingers that we might see it and one more character shown off to make it a solid reveal for another four characters like we got with Krillin, Piccolo, 16 and 18 at Gamescom.

Game is still 5 months away. 24 characters is my bet.

I don't know if you thought I said "21 possible characters" or not, but I think I should have said, "Android 21" when I wrote that. Of course though, 24 characters would definitely be a solid roster count.

My bet as well. These are my predictions for the rest of the cast.

- Ultimate Gohan
- Kid Buu
- Gotenks
- Nappa
- Ginyu
- Beerus
- Hit
- Goku Black
- Android 21

Not to say I don't want Nappa, but part of me feels as though that it could either be him or Dabura. Of course, I know that the "Extreme Butoden" and the "Mira rumor" probably got debunked with him, but I'd like to think that he could still stand a good chance to get in. Otherwise, I'm not going to lose sleep if that doesn't happen and will hope that Nappa is a fun powerhouse character like 16.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'd imagine he'd be DLC, but you know someone at ArcSys is itching to take the challenge of animating that beautiful bastard.

Movie DLC pack with Gogeta, Janemba and his Jellybeans stage... I'd buy the hell out of this.

I don't know if you thought I said "21 possible characters" or not, but I think I should have said, "Android 21" when I wrote that. Of course though, 24 characters would definitely be a solid roster count.

Not to say I don't want Nappa, but part of me feels as though that it could either be him or Dabura. Of course, I know that the "Extreme Butoden" and the "Mira rumor" probably got debunked with him, but I'd like to think that he could still stand a good chance to get in. Otherwise, I'm not going to lose sleep if that doesn't happen and will hope that Nappa is a fun powerhouse character like 16.

I honestly can't see Dabura in. Maybe as DLC.

_Ryo_

Never going to happen but it would be awesome if Icarus and Launch were added as characters. Fighting as an adorable tiny purple dragon? How awesome would that be?

(Yes, I know Icarus isn't canon.)

Zubz

Banned

- Ultimate Gohan
- Kid Buu
- Gotenks
- Nappa
- Ginyu
- Beerus
- Hit
- Goku Black
- Android 21

Sounds about right. I was still feeling those Arale & Bulma comments might have meant something, but other than Nappa, Ginyu, & 21 (Not that one) those are all the remaining must-haves (I expect Broly is also inevitable, but will be saved for DLC). The only other characters from Z that'd be worth getting in are Videl, Mr. Satan, Dabura, Roshi, & 17, but until Super gave those last 2 a power-up, they weren't necessary picks, just smart ones.

My guess is we'll get some of those 5 (Especially Roshi & 17), Broly, Caulifla, Jiren, & a couple other movie characters as DLC. Maybe Jaco, Cabba, Frost, Zamasu, Toppo, Ribrianne, Tao Pai Pai, King Piccolo, Colonel Blue, Kid Goku, Teen Chi-Chi, &/or Bulma if this does really well & gets long-term support. Plus maybe a guest fighter from another ArcSys game or another Jump manga.

SSJ4 is the only GT representative I'd expect.

I'd imagine he'd be DLC, but you know someone at ArcSys is itching to take the challenge of animating that beautiful bastard.

That's the main reason I think Janemba has an edge. Well, that, & the fact that despite being a Buu clone, he's less of a clone than the other movie villains (Because of his sword... which I guess is still an "edge." Get it?)

EDIT: ACK! How could I forget Kale & Launch?!

mas8705

Wishful thinking. We'll see in the future for sure, but would be a neat twist if Dabura was revealed with Kid Buu if that were to happen (although what will more likely happen is Nappa and Ginyu being revealed together).

His moveset would be totally different, so what would be the point?

Huh?

What do you mean?

I think he just means that the idea of having SSJ Goku and SSB Goku on the same team wouldn't make sense since it is literally the same character. Not movelist wise, but literally the same character. It would make sense in terms of Goku and Goku Black since they are of course two different characters.

I thought they confirmed that both SSJ and SSB characters would take the same slot though... Forgot where I heard that.

I'm pretty confident Ginyu is in. His moveset is really bland in Extreme Butoden, but that's largely because his appealing hook (using the rest of the Ginyu force as part of his moveset) would've gotten in the way of the game having universal assists. I definitely think they have a concept for him they wanna use since he's been in all of ASW's past DBZ games. His moveset's practically already done, they just need to implement the rest of the Ginyu force to his design.

He'd be lowkey hype

shaowebb

Huh?

What do you mean?

Blue vegeta and Blue Goku are like oldschool hidden characters. Meaning you can select them via the Goku/Vegeta slots from what I've heard. This means you can't have normal Goku and Blue Goku on the same team. You can only choose one Goku even if 2 versions exist in the game.

Blue vegeta and Blue Goku are like oldschool hidden characters. Meaning you can select them via the Goku/Vegeta slots from what I've heard. This means you can't have normal Goku and Blue Goku on the same team. You can only choose one Goku even if 2 versions exist in the game.
That's dumb.

TreIII

That's dumb.

I'd honestly be fine with it. It'd be basically like EX characters in KOF: Pick one version of a Kyo/Iori/Terry/etc., and roll with it.

It wouldn't count for characters like Kid Buu, Ultimate Gohan or Goku Black because those are entirely different characters from their counterparts. It'd just be for true "clone" characters.

There's just no way, unfortunately. He didn't make the cut in the two series best-selling fan service games. And is only now just making it in as DLC for XV2. I think he would be a cool character, there is just no appreciation for him whatsoever, by and large.

Daingurse

- Ultimate Gohan
- Kid Buu
- Gotenks
- Nappa
- Ginyu
- Beerus
- Hit
- Goku Black
- Android 21

tenor.gif

This is a solid list! Ginyu with the rest of the Force incorporated into his moveset is probably ideal. Although I'd love to play Recoome by himself lol!

Zomba13

My wants for remaining characters.

Ginyu
(can really be any member of the force, just so long as the rest are used in attacks, like how 17 is utilized in 18's attacks)
Mystic Gohan
Kid Goku (A DB rep, very different from current Goku, uses the nimbus and staff and maybe an Oozaru super)
Roshi (Super has shown Roshi still got it, could use that design or have DB Roshi)
Gotenks
Goku Black
Beerus
Hit
Kale (I expect Broly but it'd be nice to have Kale in as she is basically canon Broly)

I also expect Kid or Super Buu but not too fussed on that.

Spman2099

- Ultimate Gohan
- Kid Buu
- Gotenks
- Nappa
- Ginyu
- Beerus
- Hit
- Goku Black
- Android 21

I think you are pretty spot on with this list. However, I really hope we get Kid Goku instead of Nappa. Also, I hope Bulma makes it (she can be the 26th character).

*edit*

I replied to that post immediately after seeing it. I didn't know that everyone was going to rep Kid Goku hard right after. Makes me so damn proud...

ezodagrom

- Ultimate Gohan
- Kid Buu
- Gotenks
- Nappa
- Ginyu
- Beerus
- Hit
- Goku Black
- Android 21
When it comes to major characters, these are what I think are the most likely to happen as well.

There is one major omission in Vegito, but, I could see him being skipped on release and Blue Vegito happening as DLC together with Merged Zamasu and "Ikari" Trunks, maybe?

- Ultimate Gohan
- Kid Buu
- Gotenks
- Nappa
- Ginyu
- Beerus
- Hit
- Goku Black
- Android 21

Pretty realistic. Wouldn't mind that at all. Personally would replace Nappa and Ginyu with Zamasu and and Roshi, but otherwise, that's about how I'd finish out the roster.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm going over some of the other beta footage people have been uploading, and it seems that outside of a few people, not that many players were using their assists very effectively.

I'm going over some of the other beta footage people have been uploading, and it seems that outside of a few people, not that many players were using their assists very effectively.
People will figure out smart assist usage once they have time to lab them. So far I've only seen them used for pressure and certain combo extensions.

There was a video I watched that applied Goku's Kamehameha assist to extend a combo after a second spike from an air launcher. (so they fall into the beam instead of recovering immediately upon landing.) That's the kinda stuff I expect to see more of later down the line.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
There was a video I watched that applied Goku's Kamehameha assist to extend a combo after a second spike from an air launcher. (so they fall into the beam instead of recovering immediately upon landing.) That's the kinda stuff I expect to see more of later down the line.

I was doing that a lot towards the end of the fourth session. It's simple and effective. I'll probably upload some video later.

DrDogg

Where's all this Nappa stuff coming from? The character hasn't been featured in the show at all since the early days of Z (if I remember correctly). Why would he be included over someone like Roshi? I'd even put the likes of Chi Chi, Videl, Bulma, Mr. Satan and Android 19 and 20 over Nappa.

To be clear, I don't have an issue with Nappa being included. I'm just lost as to why so many people have him in their lists when he seems pretty obscure at this point. At least compared to some of the other characters.

Pretty realistic. Wouldn't mind that at all. Personally would replace Nappa and Ginyu with Zamasu and and Roshi, but otherwise, that's about how I'd finish out the roster.

I don't think Roshi will get in for the simple fact he can't fly,

I got a gut feeling Zamasu will be an assist for Black. It's just too perfect to not include.

Daingurse

Where's all this Nappa stuff coming from? The character hasn't been featured in the show at all since the early days of Z (if I remember correctly). Why would he be included over someone like Roshi? I'd even put the likes of Chi Chi, Videl, Bulma, Mr. Satan and Android 19 and 20 over Nappa.

To be clear, I don't have an issue with Nappa being included. I'm just lost as to why so many people have him in their lists when he seems pretty obscure at this point. At least compared to some of the other characters.

Nappa is one of the defining characters of the Saiyan Saga. This game seems to be picking and choosing from different periods of the franchise, so I believe Nappa would be a great representative for that story arc.

I honestly think Raditz is worthy as well, just looking at what he did, but even I would feel that he is a wasted slot lol. There's a ton of fighters I would prefer over him.

cordy

Banned
Still going with the same list I had around the game's announcement...

- Nappa
- Ginyu
- Ultimate Gohan
- Gotenks
- Kid Buu
- Broly
- Tien

- Hercule
- Roshi, Bulma, Videl or just some human

- Bardock
- Beerus
- Hit
- Black

I can mark 2 off the list now. Everything's working out well still. Didn't expect a new android so with her in play here. With that said everybody else seems to be pretty safe. I'm good.

Top Bottom