• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

RocBase

i like this one :

Dragon-Ball-Kai-Ultimate_Butouden.jpg

This is what I was hoping we'd get. A cool looking multi-character composition.

patchday

still no mention of Android 21 being playable eh? We really are just going to have one playable female character in the base aren't we

Cant fathom adding such a cool character just for some single player mode that we'll blow through and wont see again. Guess shes coming in DLC later at this rate ;(

I kind of think she'll turn out to have a Super 13 style transformation that will make her the final boss, and she might be playable in that capacity.

BrunOz

i like this one :

Dragon-Ball-Kai-Ultimate_Butouden.jpg

man this game is awesome, simple solid and fun combat, charming presentation all around, amazing roster and customization options, too bad nobody knows about it. I'd love an remaster with online and local vs for this pretty little gem, only dreams tho.

This should have been the box art.

nah, too many copy-paste ki balls on the left.

Dragon Ball Z Legends had the best artbox (PSX/Saturn) IMO
Saturn
97256-dragon-ball-z-idainaru-dragon-ball-densetsu-sega-saturn-front-cover.jpg

PSX
DragonballZ-Legends_PS1Box-JP_FRONT.jpg

Balfour

still no mention of Android 21 being playable eh? We really are just going to have one playable female character in the base aren't we

Cant fathom adding such a cool character just for some single player mode that we'll blow through and wont see again. Guess shes coming in DLC later at this rate ;(
Pretty sure she will be. They said one of the reasons she was made was to have more female fighters that can hang in battle

The Ginyu Force looks great besides them being on the wrong side and missing scouters. Not really trippin over it. But they have been super detailed about every little thing in this game.

Or is it the 2p thing like some of you have said?

The Ginyu Force looks great besides them being on the wrong side and missing scouters. Not really trippin over it. But they have been super detailed about every little thing in this game.

Yea its player 2 side thats why its mirrored if you look at the other screens Ginyu is on player 2 side. I would assume thats why they probably didn't bother with the scouters but its not a super big deal imo.

Pompadour

You know, if we go by other ASW fighters the scouters may be DLC cosmetics. Persona 4 Arena had sunglasses DLC for every character.

shaowebb

Crossposting for the thread lurkers not hanging in the Community stuff for Fighting games.
Bandai Namco's facebook just did a huge dump of DBFZ images. Posting them here for all your high res enjoyment.

mooncakes

I would love these two for the DLC/sequel. No idea how Future Mai would work, but she's badass.

This would work. Make her play like Elphlet but with various different guns that she uses. I think she uses the shotgun and a sniper.
images

If she can't use vanish (the teleport/roman cancel move),maybe they can just give her a roll instead to cover distance and to extend combos.

Balfour

Sadly, aside from Pan and the too recent DBS girls, you probably won't get those. In their minds, they think they are preserving the series by making characters match their strength. Like Krillin not being able to beat Goku in terms of power. Based if the GI interview (the first one) they made 21 so they had a fighter to compete. It sounds like they have no intention of making a unique character like Mai or Launch with guns for the heck of it. In the same snippet, it felt like they already threw out Videl, ChiChi, and Bulma.

It sounds like if they can't lift mountains and make big KI explosikos, they aren't likely

Which is dumb considering Nappa and the Ginyu force are weaker than Yamcha so who cares if you go lower

Future Bulma made some kind of special bullet that Mai fired that was enough to make Black flinch for a second. Give em all Super Bullets. I dunno. Make something up

Fj0823

Sadly, aside from Pan and the too recent DBS girls, you probably won't get those. In their minds, they think they are preserving the series by making characters match their strength. Like Krillin not being able to beat Goku in terms of power. Based if the GI interview (the first one) they made 21 so they had a fighter to compete. It sounds like they have no intention of making a unique character like Mai or Launch with guns for the heck of it. In the same snippet, it felt like they already threw out Videl, ChiChi, and Bulma.

It sounds like if they can't lift mountains and make big KI explosikos, they aren't likely

Which is dumb considering Nappa and the Ginyu force are weaker than Yamcha so who cares if you go lower

Future Bulma made some kind of special bullet that Mai fired that was enough to make Black flinch for a second. Give em all Super Bullets. I dunno. Make something up

IIRC Bulma's bullets have the same power as a moderate Ki Blast, not to mention Bulma was also able to develop Gas Grenades that affect Black for a couple of Seconds

So yeah, If they can give Satan a jetpack, they can give Mai her Bulma Bullets

Nappa and Ginyu force weaker than Yamcha? LOL.

In regards to everything else, they said from the beginning that they're staying true to the source material. So bulma in a mech and other made up stuff weren't going to be in to begin with.

Moaradin

Nappa and Ginyu force weaker than Yamcha? LOL.

In regards to everything else, they said from the beginning that they're staying true to the source material. So bulma in a mech and other made up stuff weren't going to be in to begin with.

Android Saga Yamcha could probably take out Nappa. Ginyu Force though? Probably not.

TreIII

onlineWorld_2D00_Matchmaking_2D002800_1_29005F00_10_5F00_23_5F00_17.jpg

Showed this and the others to a friend of mine, and he made a very good point.

Why isn't it something like "A Huge Power Level Approaches!" or the like?

Top Bottom