• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero Reportedly Won't Include A Split-Screen Mode

Draugoth

Gold Member
Dragon Ball Sparking: Zero's producer, Jun Furutani, has reportedly revealed that it won't include a split-screen mode like older Budokai Tenkaichi games, leaving it up to online play for friends to fight one another:

The local split-screen mode will ultimately not be available, not due to the developers, but because of issues related to Sony and Microsoft, making split-screen adaptation complicated. They are trying to find a solution, but for now, there won't be split-screen, possibly due to Sony and Microsoft policies favoring the sale of more consoles.This wouldn't be the first time such a situation has occurred; the situation may still evolve, with the team being aware of the demand. Developers mentioned that adapting games to the Xbox Series S is particularly challenging.

Source

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
ughhhhhhh. Why do devs keep making such dumbass decisions. was planning on playing this against my nephew

Saber

Gold Member
Pretty damn sad. I like played matchs with my brother...feels like news like that keep me away from getting interested. Now I'm all wonder if they even gonna allow me to play against CPU. Dissapointed with you guys.

Last edited:

Hrk69

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

Last edited:
There won't be split-screen, possibly due to Sony and Microsoft policies favoring the sale of more consoles. This wouldn't be the first time such a situation has occurred; the situation may still evolve, with the team being aware of the demand. Developers mentioned that adapting games to the Xbox Series S is particularly challenging.

sendit

The local split-screen mode will ultimately not be available, not due to the developers, but because of issues related to Sony and Microsoft, making split-screen adaptation complicated. They are trying to find a solution, but for now, there won't be split-screen, possibly due to Sony and Microsoft policies favoring the sale of more consoles.This wouldn't be the first time such a situation has occurred; the situation may still evolve, with the team being aware of the demand. Developers mentioned that adapting games to the Xbox Series S is particularly challenging.
We know the real reason why split screen isn't included on either platform.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Great, one of the memorable features of the series completely fucked.

Even Xenoverse didn't have splitscreen too, they had to go to one screen route and limit the stage to WT arena, having players sharing the same camera.

This sucks man.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The local split-screen mode will ultimately not be available, not due to the developers, but because of issues related to Sony and Microsoft, making split-screen adaptation complicated.

too bad.

Top Bottom