• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Csm7vVg.jpg

More from the Toei booth.

I miss those outfits :(

Tsunamo

I'm not ready for tomorrow.
It's a shame the Kai Blu Rays don't have the original tracks. That one was godly.
Yeah. I'm quite sad that Madman ended up putting in the Kikuchi score in from season 4, so I missed out on the last dub blu-ray set with the Yamamoto score sadly. (though I don't mind the Kikuchi placement in Kai personally, but i'd prefer Yamaotos Kai score for the rest of the series if I had the option)
All I ever wanted was Budokai level music in the series. Kai OST basically gave us that and I loved it. This is my favorite

Creature of Marvel (Android theme)

This fit SO WELL for Dr. Gero's entrance... it's so menacing, and it gets your blood pumping.

Kai was good at menacing music in general

This is the best battle track in the series

Also gave us a great Raditz theme (not officially but I always associate it with him since it first plays then)
Braveheart Challenges The Stong always got me pumped up when it starts in a fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOMfnmsL7iw

Also I don't recall the name, but this track in particular is always great for uplifting moments in the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1o5krVrVf8

All this is making me want to do a rewatch of Kai (maybe Japanese for a change and not having to deal with the really bad mono audio of Japanese Z) but i'll probably wait until we get Buu saga Kai blu-rays. (will be interesting to see if they go 4:3 or 16:9 for the homereleases this time)
One of my favorite non-fight scenes in the series. People rack on Sean for silly/non-serious Goku, but in serious moments like this his Goku voice is perfect.

Tsunamo

If nothing else at least we'll get a (hopefully) good fight with good animation.

It'll be interesting to see if the summary with
Black noticing the time machine leads to something like him blowing it up, rather than just noticing and commenting on it and if that leads towards anything.

Mory Dunz

I like that they changed the outfits back. Didn't like gokus shoes (his regular ones are tough to beat in any case).
Didn't like Vegeta's color or flap thing...or really anything.

Good choice imo.

Tsunamo

That would be a shit twist. :p
I expect the fight to end this episode, but I also expect a cliff hanger. The new script writer is a fucking master at cliff hangers.
Yeah this is prettymuch how I see it ending/going down.
The biggest twist would be if Vegeta makes the save after Goku takes the L >_>
Whis agrees to let Vegeta go back 3 minutes in time to prevent the earth from being destroyed.

NeonZ

I like that they changed the outfits back. Didn't like gokus shoes (his regular ones are tough to beat in any case).
Didn't like Vegeta's color or flap thing...or really anything.

Good choice imo.

I'm not sure if I even liked them aesthetically better than the originals, but it's annoying to see the show just reverting back many designs. It should be introducing new ones if they were unsatisfied with them.

Slaythe

The only reason he gave up the armor was because of the tournament rules.

It makes sense he would get it back.

I wonder if they will ever make them transition into their End of Z costumes.

I assume Toriyama just wants to keep the iconic clothes of his characters.

I mean, Goku has had this dogi for 25 years, I can understand why he doesn't want to change it.

NeonZ

I thought the same thing.

But then Toriyama's Dragon Quest art is looking better than his DB stuff these days...

I think it's very similar. Slim characters with similar proportions to his DB art. The one difference is that they have much more detailed outfits, but considering how the DB designs are meant to be animated nowadays that's probably the reason he doesn't go for complex designs like those with his modern DB designs.

The first time we see Vegeta in the Buu Saga, he's wearing just pants and a long sleeved shirt, rather than his Saiyan Armor, and that's before the tournament comes up. The 2nd time he appears he's with a sleeveless shirt. The tournament rules explain why he uses that new fighting outfit there without the armor, but he used to wear other clothing too.

Vidiot

Beerus was going to kill Trunks for messing with time travel. Wonder if it will even come up in the case of Black doing the same thing.

It makes sense he would get it back.

Well, that and he gave up fighting after Goku's death to Cell.

The 25th tournament was a special occasion for him since Goku came back, but I'm not sure the rivalry was supposed to continue after that since according to EoZ they haven't met in 5 years. DB Super changes that since it takes place between Buu and EoZ, of course.

Well, that and he gave up fighting after Goku's death to Cell.

The 25th tournament was a special occasion for him since Goku came back, but I'm not sure the rivalry was supposed to continue after that since according to EoZ they haven't met in 5 years. DB Super changes that since it takes place between Buu and EoZ, of course.

Vegeta had been training the whole time Goku was dead. Vegeta giving up fighting probably lasted all of one week.

Skeeter49

I wonder if (Potential summary spoilers)
Goku Black taking note of the time machine is him deciding to lure Goku back to Trunks timeline. Then destroying it when they land. Either he wants to use it to lure them, or he'll try and destroy it to keep Trunks from coming to rescue Goku if he uses another method to lock him up in Trunks timeline.

Village

Goku looks best in his regular outfit. Got to have that undershirt. Vegeta looks better in his Buu saga outfit.

Best vegeta is his DBZ Budokai 1 alt outfit, same for goku.

Edit: I know those outfits are from something , I can't remember though. So i'm using that as a reference.

AdanVC

I love early Piccolo's face. It looked appropriately devilish. Nowadays it looks way too human.

Yes! Devilish and menacing as heck. Right now looks like your random angry uncle at parties.

I thought the same thing.

But then Toriyama's Dragon Quest art is looking better than his DB stuff these days...

Yeah I guess it just depends on his mood when it comes to drawing new stuff. I remember from an interview that he likes to slightly change his artstyle from time to time otherwise he get's bored. I'm never going to get used to his current DB artstyle. All the characters having that skinny look, even Mr. Satan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom