• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Can't blame him, Goku spent more time with Bulma than anyone else in the series except for Grandpa Gohan and Kaio. Tis a fact.
Not really.

Goku was traveling around with bulma for, what, maybe a month or two? The rest of Dragon Ball he's either off on his own or training with roshi or kami.

I think he's spent more time with Vegeta than with Bulma.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It really sucks monkey balls that Toei decided to slow down the pace when we're getting 47 breaks a month now. -_-

We'll likely have the next manga chapter before episode 55. I'm actually interested to see what Toyotaro did differently.

Skeeter49

The episode 56 spoiler is actually good in a way. It's Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks going into the future, which means Beerus and Whis aren't involved, which is something I thought people wanted. And depending on what Black does, Goku and Vegeta could be stuck in that time, then again hopefully Trunks would think ahead and not leave the time machine out for Black to destroy it a second time.

That'd be great though, if the 3 big characters are stuck in the future, and Black returned to the current timeline. We'd have Goten, Young Trunks, Gohan, and Piccolo to stall him. Seeing them all work together, while Goku, Trunks and Vegeta try to find a way to return, would really be great, but probably won't happen.

I wonder if Goku visiting New Namek and wishing everyone back in the Future timeline would piss off the gods. I think Goku will talk about doing it, but Beerus will threaten him because of time logic and stuff..

LordOfChaos

It's not like beerus is always destroying worlds, he has huge cooldown periods and long naps which is why we only know about him now and not in Z.

Also the whole addicted to earth food thing and getting friendly with the earthlings, I feel like it's changed him a little.

I like to believe all his whimsy and pettiness is really a cover for deeper machinations that think things thousands of years in advance.

He, or Whis did say, that he chose Goku and Vegeta specifically, that was kind of just dropped there and not touched on yet.

Big One

Banned
You know I wonder how Cell would've turned out if Dr. Gero waited a little bit and gathered Beerus' and Majin Boo's DNA as well. He could've been hax as fuck.

HeroR

The episode 56 spoiler is actually good in a way. It's Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks going into the future, which means Beerus and Whis aren't involved, which is something I thought people wanted. And depending on what Black does, Goku and Vegeta could be stuck in that time, then again hopefully Trunks would think ahead and not leave the time machine out for Black to destroy it a second time.

That'd be great though, if the 3 big characters are stuck in the future, and Black returned to the current timeline. We'd have Goten, Young Trunks, Gohan, and Piccolo to stall him. Seeing them all work together, while Goku, Trunks and Vegeta try to find a way to return, would really be great, but probably won't happen.

I wonder if Goku visiting New Namek and wishing everyone back in the Future timeline would piss off the gods. I think Goku will talk about doing it, but Beerus will threaten him because of time logic and stuff..

Black can't return to the past. That has been explicitly said, and he doesn't seem to have an interest in it.

Also, serious talk, if Black can push Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku to full power, how is anyone in the present going to stall? Black isn't going to pull a Cell, and let the characters get stronger and given how he tried to kill Trunks several time and hunted him like a dog, he isn't going to screw around like Frieza. Black will be a more aggressive Vegeta and Nappa, Super Buu.

Hydrus

This is pretty much how I always envisioned them making the old characters relevant again. Hope this happens aswell, but it wont.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Black can't return to the past. That has been explicitly said, and he doesn't seem to have an interest in it.

Also, serious talk, if Black can push Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku to full power, how is anyone in the present going to stall? Black isn't going to pull a Cell, and let the characters get stronger and given how he tried to kill Trunks several time and hunted him like a dog, he isn't going to screw around like Frieza. Black will be a more aggressive Vegeta and Nappa, Super Buu.

He could if he stole the time machine.

This is pretty much how I always envisioned them making the old characters relevant again. Hope this happens aswell, but it wont.

Yeah that would be great but I have a hard time seeing it.

ElFly

Not really.

Goku was traveling around with bulma for, what, maybe a month or two? The rest of Dragon Ball he's either off on his own or training with roshi or kami.

I think he's spent more time with Vegeta than with Bulma.

it was debatable before the tournament arc...but after that they spent 3 YEARS in the ROSAT together that's crazy

Slaythe

1) Black has a time ring. Nothing states where he comes from. Obviously the time ring was in a sealed box, so you have to assume he has used that ring before or he wouldn't have it in permanence with him. So that means, as you stated, that he is from the past, since he can only travel to the future. He can of course, return to the past too.

In theory that is, we don't know much about Black but it's entirely possible either way.

2) What ? We're talking about the same character ? If he couldn't kill Trunks after a year I think they're good, K ? lmao

Hell why is he taking so long ? He can blow up the planet in two seconds. That's a really bad point. He is taking his sweet time.

3) I guess Whis could send Trunks and Goten in his dimension so they can train, they come out finally grown up and have a super saiyan god Gotenks ready !
Or just Beerus and Whis, you know, because they already mentioned they're not OK with messing with the flow of time, so it's not like they're gonna let this happen.

Whis and Beerus have already saved earth in FnF.

HeroR

1) Black has a time ring. Nothing states where he comes from. Obviously the time ring was in a sealed box, so you have to assume he has used that ring before or he wouldn't have it in permanence with him. So that means, as you stated, that he is from the past, since he can only travel to the future. He can of course, return to the past too.

In theory that is, we don't know much about Black but it's entirely possible either way.

2) What ? We're talking about the same character ? If he couldn't kill Trunks after a year I think they're good, K ? lmao

Hell why is he taking so long ? He can blow up the planet in two seconds. That's a really bad point. He is taking his sweet time.

3) I guess Whis could send Trunks and Goten in his dimension so they can train, they come out finally grown up and have a super saiyan god Gotenks ready !
Or just Beerus and Whis, you know, because they already mentioned they're not OK with messing with the flow of time, so it's not like they're gonna let this happen.

Whis and Beerus have already saved earth in FnF.

1) it has been said several times that the Time Ring cannot go into the past. The only reason Black could was because of Trunks' time machine, and even then he was pulled back after on a few minutes. He also showed no real interest in the past and was content to leave Trunks trapped there while he finished off the rest of the Earthlings. We also don't know where Black came from, or even what timeline. He could be from the past, but still the future of the current timeline. And it's an assumption that he's even from the future to begin with.

2) Given that Black has a beef against mortals and not the planet, it isn't hard to believe that he's trying to do as little damage to the planet as possible while wiping out all the Earthlings. And he tried to kill Trunks several times and finds his presences an annoyance. The only reason why Trunks isn't dead is because of his quick wit and Mai saving him. It wasn't out 'I want a good fight' or 'this guy is fun'. Trunks would also have experience ducking and weaving since he survived the androids, and no one in the main cast has that. The one time they faced a situation like the androids was Majin Buu, and they huddled on the Lookout hoping for Trunks and Goten to learn the Fusion Dance.

3) Whis and Beerus never showed they gave two shits for anyone outside of Goku, Vegeta, and Bulma. Why would Whis train Goten, Trunks, or Gohan? I know fans love the idea of Whis training their favorite characters, but Whis doesn't train fodder. Vegeta had to beg and bride to even get Whis' attention. He even refused to train Goku when he asked because he was upset about all the time travel. They even left before they figured out who Black was.

As for Beerus and Whis saving the Earth like Resurrection 'F', given that Black didn't care that Beerus was hanging around when he fought Goku, I think he knows Beerus and Whis won't interfere, or he believes he can handle them. Also, Whis only rewinded time and allowed Goku to kill Frieza before he could blow up the Earth. Neither Whis or Beerus directly did anything against Frieza. If no one can beat Black directly, I doubt Beerus or Whis would jump in.

Slaythe

1) it has been said several times that the Time Ring cannot go into the past. The only reason Black could was because of Trunks' time machine, and even then he was pulled back after on a few minutes. He also showed no real interest in the past and was content to leave Trunks trapped there while he finished off the rest of the Earthlings. We also don't know where Black came from, or even what timeline. He could be from the past, but still the future of the current timeline. And it's an assumption that he's even from the future to begin with.

2) Given that Black has a beef against mortals and not the planet, it isn't hard to believe that he's trying to do as little damage to the planet as possible while wiping out all the Earthlings. And he tried to kill Trunks several times and finds his presences an annoyance. The only reason why Trunks isn't dead is because of his quick wit and Mai saving him. It wasn't out 'I want a good fight' or 'this guy is fun'. Trunks would also have experience ducking and weaving since he survived the androids, and no one in the main cast has that. The one time they faced a situation like the androids was Majin Buu, and they huddled on the Lookout hoping for Trunks and Goten to learn the Fusion Dance.

3) Whis and Beerus never showed they gave two shits for anyone outside of Goku, Vegeta, and Bulma. Why would Whis train Goten, Trunks, or Gohan? I know fans love the idea of Whis training their favorite characters, but Whis doesn't train fodder. Vegeta had to beg and bride to even get Whis' attention. He even refused to train Goku when he asked because he was upset about all the time travel. They even left before they figured out who Black was.

As for Beerus and Whis saving the Earth like Resurrection 'F', given that Black didn't care that Beerus was hanging around when he fought Goku, I think he knows Beerus and Whis won't interfere, or he believes he can handle them. Also, Whis only rewinded time and allowed Goku to kill Frieza before he could blow up the Earth. Neither Whis or Beerus directly did anything against Frieza. If no one can beat Black directly, I doubt Beerus or Whis would jump in.

1) Excuse me for repeating myself. The time ring can only go to the future, and COME BACK to its original time. If he used the ring, and is in Trunks' future, that means he is from a time BEFORE that. Aka THE PAST. I never said he could freely travel back in time . You don't know when he departed from. If it's only a few weeks after Zamasu met Goku for instance, it explains why he wouldn't try to go back since he was just following Trunks' trail. I don't even see why you're trying to deny this is a possibility. And since the ring was in a sealed box, it is very likely that he did use the ring to get to Trunks' future. Therefore he can theoretically go back in time to his time of departure. That's all I was saying and that's an objective fact so I'm not sure why there's an argument here.

2) Yeah K, so Mai and Trunks managed to survive but nobody in the present could, according to you. Right. They made Mai survive just because they wanted to, they don't really care about consistency or "likelihood" of survival. She is STILL not dead precisely for that reason. The androids could not feel ki so I don't think the Black situation is similar for Trunks.
Likewise Black couldn't feel the ki of 17 and 18 in the present, Krilin and Gohan also had quite the experience on Namek. Trunks and Goten have proven to be rather sneaky.

Since as you said, Black isn't gonna destroy earth, they're gonna survive for a while. If shitty humans can have a resistance in the future despite how broken the world was, I'm sure present earth can, especially if helped with stronger allies. If anything it would still take Black a long time to ruin the world.

3) Whis does whatever Bulma wants if she has a convincing offer, though. Bulma is still in the present, if she asks him to help and he refuses to intervene directly, she could ask him to train the kids or something. This is far from "impossible". Assume everything Vegeta knows about Whis' world and "room" to have been shared with Bulma during the various time skips.

So you're telling me they're annoyed by Goku because of the time travel yet would be okay with an asshole coming in and destroying a world thanks to time travel ? Yeah I'm gonna pass on that logic.

They did what they could to figure out who Black was, they virtually have no leads. They followed the one trail they had. Whis and Beerus did mention that Zamasu wasn't connected to Black "at this time", there's not much else they can do.

And as for saving earth in FnF, NOTHING forced them to. They acted on their own will to help earth. It doesn't matter if they killed Frieza or not, rewinding time is made out to be a big deal. In Super, in the aftermath, Whis comments that Beerus is warming up to the earthling because he allowed him to rewind time.

I don't see how you could think for a second that they're going to let earth get ravaged by Black, since it means all their previous food also gets ravaged, while also violating time travel rules, a thing they are very annoyed by.

But I guess it comes down to opinions, right ? So feel free to believe what you want, I will.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
21EvVay.jpg

Bowl0l

You know I wonder how Cell would've turned out if Dr. Gero waited a little bit and gathered Beerus' and Majin Boo's DNA as well. He could've been hax as fuck.
I didn't follow Super that much but did Beerus or Buu bleed or sweat or drool on Earth?

-MB-

you're so mean ;_;

Honestly surprised ratings are dropping. Thought Trunks coming back would be super hype. Or maybe that's just western dweebs. O:

It dropped because the fans figured out Gohan won't amount to anything anymore, so they bail out. :p

Beerus already threatened to kill Zamasu.

If Goku Black is acting like Zamasu and killing for the sake of purging like a God of Destruction, Beerus won't entertain that idea in his universe.
I think there could be a line drawn there vs. senseless killing like Majin Buu (if that's something Beerus would have allowed).

Black in a way represents a threat to the godly order. Majin Buu did threaten the godly order by killing some Kais, but he didn't try to kill them to replace them.
And if Black aspires to become some sort of God of Destruction, then Beerus or the appropriate God of Destruction probably won't appreciate that.

Beerus wouldn't step in to avenge Goku. But I think he might have reason to prevent any further abuse of the time ring.

Beerus already threatened to kill Zamasu.

If Goku Black is acting like Zamasu and killing for the sake of purging like a God of Destruction, Beerus won't entertain that idea in his universe.
I think there could be a line drawn there vs. senseless killing like Majin Buu (if that's something Beerus would have allowed).

Black in a way represents a threat to the godly order. Majin Buu did threaten the godly order by killing some Kais, but he didn't try to kill them to replace them.
And if Black aspires to become some sort of God of Destruction, then Beerus or the appropriate God of Destruction probably won't appreciate that.

Beerus wouldn't step in to avenge Goku. But I think he might have reason to prevent any further abuse of the time ring.

Maybe not yet but their relationship as friends is proceeding at an exponential rate. I mean did you ever think Beerus and Goku would ever fight over a plate of food with Goku ever living to tell the tale?

LordOfChaos

Maybe not yet but their relationship as friends is proceeding at an exponential rate. I mean did you ever think Beerus and Goku would ever fight over a plate of food with Goku ever living to tell the tale?

Or Beerus proudly saying a Kaioshin had no chance because Goku had already fought Beerus.

He got touchy when the elder Kai suggested Goku was near as strong as him, but other than people saying that he's clearly growing rather proud of the pair.

HeroR

1) Excuse me for repeating myself. The time ring can only go to the future, and COME BACK to its original time. If he used the ring, and is in Trunks' future, that means he is from a time BEFORE that. Aka THE PAST. I never said he could freely travel back in time . You don't know when he departed from. If it's only a few weeks after Zamasu met Goku for instance, it explains why he wouldn't try to go back since he was just following Trunks' trail. I don't even see why you're trying to deny this is a possibility. And since the ring was in a sealed box, it is very likely that he did use the ring to get to Trunks' future. Therefore he can theoretically go back in time to his time of departure. That's all I was saying and that's an objective fact so I'm not sure why there's an argument here.

2) Yeah K, so Mai and Trunks managed to survive but nobody in the present could, according to you. Right. They made Mai survive just because they wanted to, they don't really care about consistency or "likelihood" of survival. She is STILL not dead precisely for that reason. The androids could not feel ki so I don't think the Black situation is similar for Trunks.
Likewise Black couldn't feel the ki of 17 and 18 in the present, Krilin and Gohan also had quite the experience on Namek. Trunks and Goten have proven to be rather sneaky.

Since as you said, Black isn't gonna destroy earth, they're gonna survive for a while. If shitty humans can have a resistance in the future despite how broken the world was, I'm sure present earth can, especially if helped with stronger allies. If anything it would still take Black a long time to ruin the world.

3) Whis does whatever Bulma wants if she has a convincing offer, though. Bulma is still in the present, if she asks him to help and he refuses to intervene directly, she could ask him to train the kids or something. This is far from "impossible". Assume everything Vegeta knows about Whis' world and "room" to have been shared with Bulma during the various time skips.

So you're telling me they're annoyed by Goku because of the time travel yet would be okay with an asshole coming in and destroying a world thanks to time travel ? Yeah I'm gonna pass on that logic.

They did what they could to figure out who Black was, they virtually have no leads. They followed the one trail they had. Whis and Beerus did mention that Zamasu wasn't connected to Black "at this time", there's not much else they can do.

And as for saving earth in FnF, NOTHING forced them to. They acted on their own will to help earth. It doesn't matter if they killed Frieza or not, rewinding time is made out to be a big deal. In Super, in the aftermath, Whis comments that Beerus is warming up to the earthling because he allowed him to rewind time.

I don't see how you could think for a second that they're going to let earth get ravaged by Black, since it means all their previous food also gets ravaged, while also violating time travel rules, a thing they are very annoyed by.

But I guess it comes down to opinions, right ? So feel free to believe what you want, I will.

Black has shown a willingness to eliminate all threats and he can now sense ki. He isn't going to sit on his butt waiting for his foes to power-up. So the Z-Fighters won't get the chance to train. Black will go Fat Buu eliminate everyone. Remember, Trunks said Black killed half the planet in his first attack, and the people of Future Trunks' world are smarter than the present timeline since these are people who survive the androids, while the people of the present thinks Mr. Satan is the strongest in the universe. The main cast will most likely survive. But stalling Black for any length of time is dream. All they can do is hide they ki and pray for Goku and Vegeta.

As for the time traveling aspect, it doesn't matter if Black is from the past of Future Trunks time. He can't return to the main timeline because that is his past and he never bothered to try. From all we have seen, he doesn't care about the present timeline.

Whis and Beerus don't do what Bulma want over food. If they did, they would have killed Frieza themselves, which was what Bulma was begging them to do. Whis only rewind time and let Goku do the rest. Beerus didn't lift a finger. And, again, Black saw Beerus and didn't care.

He could if he stole the time machine.

That is assuming that Trunks is dumb enough to leave it in the open. And assuming Black knows how to drive the time machine.

Never underestimate DB's potential for bullshit power-ups.

Didn't people say the same thing about Piccolo getting a major power-up for the tournament? How did that work out? Or people being sure that Vegeta and Trunks would used the Hypobolic Time Chamber and Trunks would come out a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

I guess hope springs eternal.

HeroR

Sad to hear. Who knows. Maybe the breaks or lack of future timeline action are hurting it?

To be clear, Super was 7th overall, which is its usual placement. The show that got 6th beat Super by only .2.

It also make sense for the ratings to be lower since most of the episodes since 50 have been character development with some clues who Black is.

LordOfChaos

I must be the opposite of most fans because I don't them find funny at all.

I dont like them either

I like them, and sometimes their serious dialogue is even better than the show

"Listen, Piccolo... I've been the guardian for over three hundred years. I've seen wars, sickness, death, and worse. All the while trapped on this lookout, unable to interact with the outside world for more than moments at a time. Now, the only chance I have left is giving up my free will to someone else. It's just another prison..."

Like...Shit.

Dragon Team are sure taking their sweet time. Normally I wouldn't mind, but Pafu's releases took a massive dive in quality since Batman took over for Ken :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom