• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buu Saga up to Super Buu was amazing. Still followed the simple rule before all the weird fusions (which are fun) and forms. I wish Dabra & Babidi weren't killed off as soon as Buu appeared.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
As fas as Buu saga goes, imo Great saiyaman was good. Especially the shorter kai version.
Tournament was good.
Assault on babidi's ship was good.
Vegeta's betrayal and subsequent sacrifice was good.

Then you get to everything after...not so good.

Skeeter49

Problems I have with Super 17.

How did Gero find the parts needed to build a perfect clone of 17? Did Hell get Circuit City when it closed down?

Why didn't Gero interact with Cell, his greatest creation that actually killed Goku? Why not have him absorb the two 17s and make him Ultra Perfect Cell or something?

Why did Cell stay in hell to fight Goku. He has never shown a personal grudge with Goku and it was Gohan who humiliated and killed him.

How did this merger of 17 even work?

Why is Piccolo trap in hell?

I am sure there's more, but these are the problems off the top of my head.

That's cold even by my standards.

That is an interesting point about Cell. I always assumed that Gero didn't intend for Cell to be able absorb anyone else after 17 and 18 were both absorbed, with how his tail retracts. Fits with the idea of he's a perfect being, so needing more energy would just taint him or whatever.

The big thing for me is, if two 17's can fuse, why wasn't that the plan to begin with, had much better gains than just one 17, or a Cell that absorbed an 18 and 17. Or why not make it that 18 and 17 can combine. The fact that 2 17's = stronger than SSJ4 really bothers me. Just makes Cell feel irrelevant.

Piccolo was GT's view of what a character arc and character development should be, so nothing good came from it.

Gotenks was to goofy for me.
Vegito was a healthier balance of goofy when needed, and serious when needed.

Buu Saga up to Super Buu was amazing. Still followed the simple rule before all the weird fusions (which are fun) and forms. I wish Dabra & Babidi weren't killed off as soon as Buu appeared.

Majin Vegeta is so far and away the best part of that saga. Putting that at the beginning was a huge mistake. If Vegeta giving into the dark side was the climax rather than the opening act, that saga might have worked imo

NeonZ

Why is Piccolo trap in hell?

He went there out of his own will to help Goku. And decided to stay there afterwards to stop another break out from happening since the Toei filler hell was basically ruled by the villains.

What annoys me about the Super 17 battle is Goku being really dumb and just spamming stronger and stronger ki blasts against him attempting to beat his absorption, rather than just changing to melee. Most GT combat favored ki blasts, but in that battle they made it a plot point. Well that, and Uub suddenly being reduced to Goten and Trunks level, when he seemed higher than that in the Baby Saga even before fusing with Buu.

The dub of Uub merging with Fat Buu kills me. I hate Buus dub voice. His Japanese voice is much more suiting. Also I'm on board with the fact Cell can't absorb anyone in his Perfect form from a design standpoint. He's already "Perfect". If Cell tried absorbing S17 than he would probably blow up, that's if S17 would even allow it.

EmiPrime

Dan Dan opening song and the conclusion with Goku and Shenron are perfect, up there with anything in DBZ. Shame about everything in between.

Super 17 was a great idea with terrible execution.

HeroR

Majin Vegeta is so far and away the best part of that saga. Putting that at the beginning was a huge mistake. If Vegeta giving into the dark side was the climax rather than the opening act, that saga might have worked imo

Majin Vegeta is overrated and I maintain that Vegeta should have stayed dead for the shit he pulled.

ElFly

Majin Vegeta is dumb and only exists to take Vegeta out of the equation for a while

the fight itself is so inferior to the first Vegeta/Goku one, that the only notable thing that happens in it is Goku threatening Kaiohshin

honestly the Buu saga is great at the beginning, kind of dies in the tournament and doesn't pick up again until SSJ3

Daingurse

Best part of Majin Vegeta for me was his speeches. I also would agree that Majin Vegeta was one of the highlights of the Buu Saga, which happens to be my least favorite saga in Z.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Buu had a great creepy undertone.

Biggest issue with Buu was the same issue with Cell. These characters that regen are shit. Atleast it was a bit fun was Buu, but it got old.

Majin Vegeta vs Goku was a nothing fight in the manga, but the anime fight is spectacular.

Super wishes it could have fights at half the intensity of these blows

10da610706c10d6178ad5c6afa1d7af5.gif

tumblr_np5a7tB2jw1t06ubmo2_500.gif

super-saiyan-goku-vs-majin-vegeta.gif

Biggest issue with Buu was the same issue with Cell. These characters that regen are shit. Atleast it was a bit fun was Buu, but it got old.

I mean Buu, particularly Super Buu, was just Pink Cell, lets be real here. With even more ridiculous overpower÷d abilities and asspull powerups.

ElFly

this has been a problem for a while

only freeza and maybe piccolo sr ever had a large enough amount of underlings for varied fights

everyone else hoards all the fights; I guess the android saga still had some variety but honestly...not a lot happens in that saga? there is the initial fight against 19 and 20, then 17 and 18 kick everyone asses, then piccolo and 17, and then cell dominates again, which is somewhat similar to the Freeza saga structure

Also, theres no 3rd wind. Say what you want about Vegeta. By being an evil shitbag, he added an element of chaos.
This is missing from the buu saga. It just Buu being Super OP all the time.

HeroR

Also, theres no 3rd wind. Say what you want about Vegeta. By being an evil shitbag, he added an element of chaos.
This is missing from the buu saga. It just Buu being Super OP all the time.

No. I'm glad that element is gone. I hated in the Android/Cell Saga and it wasn't charming with Majin Vegeta.

Are we discussing the Sagas now. Becasue I'm seeing a disturbing lack of attention to the best saga in DBZ.

tumblr_mskaosbspU1qiijr6o1_500.gif

The only saga where the Villain was revealed early on, without a cop out of the real villain.

In terms of the Buu saga, it had some good ideas with Gotenks and Majin Vegeta but just threw ideas that went nowhere. And finally It had to end with Goku fixing everything.

The android/future Trunks/cell saga is the best arc. I find the namek Saga a drag these days.

EK7U7e.gif

HeroR

It made it boring for me. Hell, thats why I like Super. Beerus and whis are a constant 3rd wind. It is never binary good vs evil.

Beerus and Whis don't constantly screw the heros to keep the plot going from where it should've ended. They actually move the plot. Vegeta can't even compare to them.

Big thanks to whoever mentioned Hyper Dragon Ball Z in this thread... Game is legit!

Now pls Namco: Look at this game. Add an actual transformation system. Make the cast bigger (preferably Super characters). And give it to Arc so they make it in Xrd engine.

I'll be there Day 0.

Beerus and Whis don't constantly screw the heros to keep the plot going from where it should've ended. They actually move the plot. Vegeta can't even compare to them.

I never understood the idea of getting so invested in the heroes plight you hate anything that peturbs them.
Like, theres not even permadeath in Z so Vegeta cant even really be responsible for other characters not existing. You're mad the cell saga didnt end with Vegeta blowing up second form cell? Really.
No, you wanted him to try and fail, instead of just allowing him to be complete, right? Like what non main character heroes do in Z. But thats boring.
Then you have nonsense like Gohan not being able to catch an earring. Same thing, just boring and lame.

Its true, Beerus and Whis are a different usage of the tool, but they also have a negative with that positive. They steal tension. By being so overpowered, you know no one is ever really in danger. Because what happens is in their hands [or zeno's].
As for whats better...
Ill just say Z was better for an anti hero running around. Super fits better with nuetral gods. Just my opinion.

Slaythe

Big thanks to whoever mentioned Hyper Dragon Ball Z in this thread... Game is legit!

Now pls Namco: Look at this game. Add an actual transformation system. Make the cast bigger (preferably Super characters). And give it to Arc so they make it in Xrd engine.

I'll be there Day 0.

Telling you right now you shouldn't expect transformations in this kind of game.

HeroR

I never understood the idea of getting so invested in the heroes plight you hate anything that peturbs them.
Like, theres not even permadeath in Z so Vegeta cant even really be responsible for other characters not existing. You're mad the cell saga didnt end with Vegeta blowing up second form cell? Really.
No, you wanted him to try and fail, instead of just allowing him to be complete, right? Like what non main character heroes do in Z. But thats boring.
Then you have nonsense like Gohan not being able to catch an earring. Same thing, just boring and lame.

Its true, Beerus and Whis are a different usage of the tool, but they also have a negative with that positive. They steal tension. By being so overpowered, you know no one is ever really in danger. Because what happens is in their hands [or zeno's].
As for whats better...
Ill just say Z was better for an anti hero running around. Super fits better with nuetral gods. Just my opinion.

Yes. Because I don't like stories that needs the heroes being morons to keep things going. Especially the Android/Cell Saga that had everyone hold the idiot ball.

Vegeta in the Cell and Buu Saga is a horrible character. He serves no other purpose other than to screw everyone over. He was better used in the Namek/Frieza Saga where he was an asshole, but he moved the plot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Can we talk about episode 90?

What do YOU think it's gonna happen?
tumblr_nmaqs6sfmq1r72ht7o1_540.gif
Spoilers have given away a lot already but
Gohan will challenge Goku after the tag match, Goku gets forced to use Blue but Gohan will manage to hold his own. Commence whining from power level nerds, etc.

NeonZ

Yes. Because I don't like stories that needs the heroes being morons to keep things going. Especially the Android/Cell Saga that had everyone hold the idiot ball.

Vegeta in the Cell Saga wasn't quite an "hero" yet though. Kuririn brings up several times how they're relived they have a bigger threat to avoid facing him. It's only at the end when he reacts to Trunks' sacrifice that he receives any redemption.

I actually only really care for the Kid Buu part mainly. There are some scenes throughout all of the arc that I enjoy. But the end game where Kid Buu starts traveling through space, messing things up, that's probably the only real stretch of any certain episodes in the Buu arc I can I say I really enjoy all the way through

HeroR

Vegeta in the Cell Saga wasn't quite an "hero" yet though. Kuririn brings up several times how they're relived they have a bigger threat to avoid facing him. It's only at the end when he reacts to Trunks' sacrifice that he receives any redemption.

He was an ally and he behaved even worse than when he was a villain on Namek.

Vegeta in the Cell and Buu Saga is a horrible character. He serves no other purpose other than to screw everyone over. He was better used in the Namek/Frieza Saga where he was an asshole, but he moved the plot.

You just like it simple. And he's not a horrible character, he's a horrible person, can't you tell the difference?

Telling you right now you shouldn't expect transformations in this kind of game.

I mean the system is already kinda there in HDBZ with the "Power Mode" thing. There's just no cosmetic transformation, but the characters get stronger, faster, and with a slightly different moveset. Just add cosmetic change to that.

HeroR

You just like it simple. And he's not a horrible character, he's a horrible person, can't you tell the difference?

I love the Future Trunks Saga, which is far more complex than the Android/Cell Saga.

No, he's a horrible character who should have stayed dead on Namek. It was the perfect ending for him.

ElFly

I feel that the Cell saga is where everybody is so pumped after the Namek victory, they all start making the stupidest decisions

if dbz was a single movie, Cell arc would be the 60% point where things are getting good for the heroes but their pride puts them in a bigger problem than where they started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom