• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc_

Some people checked the main website by putting in character names in for alternate characters like the Freeza leak, but nothing yet.

I'm still not convinced this is legit.

I feel the same way. If it is though, I hope nobody is really expecting anything special from Yamcha. Odds are he'll be crushed quickly and hilariously as he always is.

I feel the same way. If it is though, I hope nobody is really expecting anything special from Yamcha. Odds are he'll be crushed quickly and hilariously as he always is.

It would kinda take the wind out of that new yamcha series if they randomly decided to make him cool now of all times.

Big One

Banned
Yamcha and Tenshinhan are going to job so freakin hard this arc. Unless they beat up the mooks from Universe 10 which could be a possibility I suppose

I could see Roshi doing something cool though like mafuba or some other weird technique only he knows.

Tsunamo

You all need more faith in Yamcha :(

I'm very curious about that falling out of the ring equaling disappearing immediately.
I bet they don't even finish the tournament, like in the Buu Saga.
It's kinda funny that it was a nice suprise the Universe 6/7 tournament went through to the end considering we'd had a few fakeouts over the course of Dragon Ball.
I just realized Dragon Ball Super is hitting its stride as an anime. Every episode theres twists and turns
Yeah it's been great. Honestly I still have to take a moment to lookback every now and then and remember that i'm again looking forward to a new Dragon Ball episode every week and that it's been airing for (almost) two years now.

Toad.T

Banned
Goku: Eeyah, it's difficult to pick a replacement fighter for Buu. Don't know where to look.
Goten: Maybe the answer is under your nose, dad.
Goku: Under my... I got it! Hell is under my nose. I'll bring Freeza.
Goten: But that's not...

Later...

Goku: Well, it looks like Freeza turned on us, unbelievable, am I right?
Goten: oh yeah, what a shock, wow.
Goku: I'm running out of time and options too! I'll take anyone at this point!
Goten: Well I know this one spikey haired fighter that's been training super hard to be just like his idol and father figure that would love to give it a go. HINT HINT.
Goku: Of course, should've thought of him first! Bulma, can you get me Yamcha's number?
Goten: ...

Madao

would Bulma and Chi-Chi even allow Goten and Trunks to go to a tournament like that? they got over protective since the Buu days and seems like they wouldn't budge anyway.

NandoGip

Spoilers still aren't confirmed yet right?

You guys are talking like it's definitely happening

Lotta signs pointing to it. Voice actor, Toyotaro, the amount of info in the leak, the timing being so exact due to multiple things aligning, Yamcha getting more focus in the gag storyline then even Tien or Roshi got, etc

I'm sorry Buu fans lost Buu being part of the team but he got a fight in the exhibition match, he also got to fight Goku and Uub was mentioned. If Uub comes into play in a future arc, I imagine Buu will be involved with that as well.

If Yamcha got just a decent fight in the exhibition match and lost and said he wouldn't be part of the tournament team because he isn't strong enough, I would be grateful for just that much

For fans of Frieza joining the team, I thought it was one of the more brilliant ideas in DB and was hyped for it. If Freiza pals around Goku there is a chance the villain inside of him would be softened to some extent, though obviously not to the extent of Vegeta or Piccolo. With Frieza immediately betraying Goku, he stays being a ridiculously seflish and evil character while still being involved in the story. And Yamcha gets a moment to possibly shine. I feel if Yamcha is the 10th member and the leaks are true, Buu fans, Frieza fans and Yamcha fans all got something out of this

Lotta signs pointing to it. Voice actor, Toyotaro, the amount of info in the leak, the timing being so exact due to multiple things aligning, Yamcha getting more focus in the gag storyline then even Tien or Roshi got, etc

A writer on Super also responded to some fans asking about Yamcha last week on Twitter. He said something to the extent of being interested in seeing the earth being saved due to Yamcha's successful efforts. I think the word successful was thrown in to imply doing useful things not just jobbing.

caliph95

Wait are these spoilers real?
If it is i wish they stop screwing with the roster and move on but it's probably not real

Spoilers still aren't confirmed yet right?

You guys are talking like it's definitely happening

fc6760dc1d2df27dc70601b9825936e23d708a54_hq.gif

Goku: Eeyah, it's difficult to pick a replacement fighter for Buu. Don't know where to look.

Later...

Goten: Well I know this one spikey haired fighter that's been training super hard to be just like his idol and father figure that would love to give it a go. HINT HINT.
Goku: Of course, should've thought of him first! Bulma, can you get me Yamcha's number?

Goku: Oh wait Goten.
Goten: Yes Dad.
Goku: I have some task for you
Goten: I get to be in the tournament!
Goku: No, don't be ridiculous. You and Trunks will look after the nature preserve while the rest of us fight in this tournament.
Goten:...

So I'm thinking the mortal that is stronger than a GoD is probably from a universe not in this tourney. It seems a little too early for Goku to surpass a GoD, which is what would probably end up happening if he is in this tourney. Also if he was in this tourney, then I would think the Grand Priest would have told Zeno about him back when he was telling Zeno the happenings of each universe.

KHlover

Banned
*Note: the person who wrote this message died without fulfilling his mission

Nah, he *did* kill his Android 17 and 18. Cell killed him (possibly Bulma as well? Don't think we know for sure) and stole his time machine, but the result for everyone else is the same - no Android 17, no Android 18 and no Cell left in that timeline.

Later...

7 Dragon balls/7 Dragon balls

Reads like a TFS script :p

Nah, he *did* kill his Android 17 and 18. Cell killed him (possibly Bulma as well? Don't think we know for sure) and stole his time machine, but the result for everyone else is the same - no Android 17, no Android 18 and no Cell left in that timeline.

How did he get strong enough to defeat the Androids?

There probably wasn't any poachers left in that timeline.

Clearly Future Trunks is gonna show up, says he was warned Zeno was about to blow up his universe so he escaped.

why can't it be Yajirobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom