• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair they have made Whis a complete "neutral" being now.

In the literal sense, which comes ass as "assholish" to us. He didn't even warn Beerus about the universe 7 being erased. So it's possible he actually knew about Buu and didn't give a fuck. Assuming it was Beerus' fault for being too lazy.

Scary.

They didn't know about earth until the beginning of super, the problem is the whole 38 or so planets in the universe bullshit they came up with a few episodes back.

The universe is suppose to be too big for even beerus and whis to know whats going on yet now it's like everyone lives in the same region of space.

I'd like a Piccolo powerup where Piccolo has all the spirits of the guardians of earth inside of him with Kami inside of him, or make it Dende cause that would probably make more sense, Piccolo channels all the previous earth guardians power, and uses it for a boost.

I just don't understand why they don't use the Namekian god form from Heroes.

It's just a different aura and red eyes. That's it.

L Thammy

Is there a reason other than the new OP why people think Goku's getting a new transformation? Because getting another powerup in an arc that's (so far) about making the supporting cast relevant again seems like a bad move to me. Plus, that part seems to line up with the lyrics too well for me. "The invincible me is waitin' there" and we see Goku (the invincible me) through the aura. It makes me think that they just made the visuals to match the lyric and not that the visuals should be taken as indicating anything distinct of their own.

LNBL

Is there a reason other than the new OP why people think Goku's getting a new transformation? Because getting another powerup in an arc that's (so far) about making the supporting cast relevant again seems like a bad move to me. Plus, that part seems to line up with the lyrics too well for me. "The invincible me is waitin' there" and we see Goku (the invincible me) through the aura. It makes me think that they just made the visuals to match the lyric and not that the visuals should be taken as indicating anything distinct of their own.

The op lyrics heavily imply breaking the barrier again and its lined up with goku powering up in that part. Also the transformation we see is too distinct to just have it for the OP

Slaythe

No because the ED has the same thing.

That being said, the "power up" is Goku remaining in base form so whatever.

Goku was acting far too cocky not to have something in store. And stuff like 17 "holding back" means he's definitely gonna get stronger.

I'd like it if Piccolo asks to temporarily absorb Dende so he can use Dende's healing powers. Essentially he could becoem the tactician/white mage for the team, and in a battle royal with no senzu this could be invaluable.

L Thammy

The op lyrics heavily imply breaking the barrier again and its lined up with goku powering up in that part. Also the transformation we see is too distinct to just have it for the OP

No because the ED has the same thing.

That being said, the "power up" is Goku remaining in base form so whatever.

Goku was acting far too cocky not to have something in store. And stuff like 17 "holding back" means he's definitely gonna get stronger.

Getting stronger is what Goku does, though, even before he had transformations. I don't think that necessarily means anything. Over the last two arcs he's gotten stronger by bringing back old techniques.

I'll have to look closely at the ED today if it's there, though.

Zolo

The tournament's been a hyped up arc, and we went through the Black arc without Goku getting a new transformation, so it's probably about time for one to appear.

Slaythe

I mean, is it really a new transformation if he precisely don't transform at all ?

By Dragon Ball standards it will be a "form" because he's getting a new aura, but it's his base appearance.

I feel like it's an OK way to handle Goku getting yet another "transformation".

Wonder if they do this because of End of Z and want to pretend like he was going all out against Uub despite not being Super Saiyan :p .

L Thammy

The last Goku shot.

What, this? That doesn't look like a new form.

newformpwu7r.png

P.S.: I am not clicking your goddamn link, fucking YouTube people.

Ingeniero

So that lackluster Android is as strong as SSB?
Such bullshit.... bad writing.

Oh well, let's see what happens next.

BTW. I like that angel name, Marcarita.

NeonZ

I'm expecting a new form due to how often SSB has been used this time after they attempted to highlight the earlier forms in the first half of the Trunks arc and only used SSJ1 during most of the U6 tournament, but I really don't think it'll be just that hazy aura.

After Dragonball returned, they never could keep track of Ultimate Gohan (like how his eyes went back to non-outlined style and then just returned to outlined style, and yet in both states he used basic SSJ as a power up), so I don't think they're in any hurry to do something similar with Goku.

I'm expecting a new form due to how often SSB has been used this time after they attempted to highlight the earlier forms in the first half of the Trunks arc, but I really don't think it'll be just that hazy aura.

After Dragonball returned, they never could keep track of Ultimate Gohan (like how his eyes went back to non-outlined style and then just returned to outlined style, and yet in both states he used basic SSJ as a power up), so I don't think they're in any hurry to do something similar with Goku.

Toriyama loves simplicity and he doesn't like the transformations getting out of hand in terms of design, so if what is in the opening and ending is the new form it'd make sense to me.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The five way fusion in Fusions has green and blue hair

sddefault.jpg

It did Super Saiyan Green. It went there.

Now to wait for its inevitable appearance in Super

New episode day and it's also my girl's birthday.
I remember last year when I just got back home and surprised her.
But she was slightly annoyed that I immedietly watched DBS. 🤣🤣

Xero

I look at all these new power ups and that recent episode title and think to myself

WTH Piccolo instead of training Gohan why don't you also put up some effort

:(
He did the same shit in the saiyan arc. That said piccolo is known for "training" without us ever seeing it or just from him meditating.

Wait, guys, where is this new transformation talk coming from? What did I miss?

Sometimes I can't keep up with all these previews and spoilers :(

Skeeter49

I don't think it means a new transformation, but I feel we're due for a new transformation, using Kaioken SSB for regular fights stresses that.

Though I'm not sure if this is the best time to reveal a new transformation.
When we thought it was a regular tournament, sure create a new transformation, now that it's a battle royale, I'm not sure it'll have great exposure, and fear when it's shown that everyone else becomes irrelevant.

PizzaFace

Banned
I don't think it means a new transformation, but I feel we're due for a new transformation, using Kaioken SSB for regular fights stresses that.

Though I'm not sure if this is the best time to reveal a new transformation.
When we thought it was a regular tournament, sure create a new transformation, now that it's a battle royale, I'm not sure it'll have great exposure, and fear when it's shown that everyone else becomes irrelevant.

That's why it's revealed when Goku and Jiren are the only two left 😏

Skeeter49

When would they have time for that?
Maybe it's a Kaioken thing, pushing beyond the limits your body can handle, meaning the body is being damaged/ smoke is forming.

uhh, why does anyone think they would show the new transformation as is in the OP/ED already?

They slowly starting hinting at ssg with the first OP, then added him, then hinting at SSB, then adding him.
They aren't going to straight up show the new form in the OP without revealing it in the show first.
"haze" goku is most likely just a placeholder.

Slaythe

uhh, why does anyone think they would show the new transformation as is in the OP/ED already?

They slowly starting hinting at ssg with the first OP, then added him, then hinting at SSB, then adding him.
They aren't going to straight up show the new form in the OP without revealing it in the show first.
"haze" goku is most likely just a placeholder.

People said the same thing regarding 17 Gohan and Krilin's importance and look where we are.

When would they have time for that?
Maybe it's a Kaioken thing, pushing beyond the limits your body can handle, meaning the body is being damaged/ smoke is forming.

Jiren and toppo both have a red aura

I imagine Goku will learn how to tap into that power during his fight with Jiren

Like how Hit improved his time skip while fighting goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom