• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this the best looking episode of super ever? I feel like it's definitely a contender

Nah, it had some nice stuff, but the first half was kinda meh outside of Tate's work and a handful of really nice pieces of art. It was a pretty good looking episode and pretty consistent, but there are other episodes that are much better looking in this arc.

Nah, it had some nice stuff, but the first half was kinda meh outside of Tate's work and a handful of really nice pieces of art. It was a pretty good looking episode and pretty consistent, but there are other episodes that are much better looking in this arc.

Hmm I thought the episode looked really good, but there were some weird shots

I thought most of the first half was pretty good

The shot with hit was definitely weird

No that's goku and golden friezas day out
right before the tournament
Oh yeah that one is great too

-Very good looking episode, particularly the Vegeta parts
-Fuck off Krillan, least he's gone
-Gohan couldn't even take out a pigeon nice and quick, useless as expected. I can understand his fans (lol) wanting him to do something because the last time and only time was Cell saga, a time in life when my balls had yet to drop.
-I don't understand why some people here want Vegeta to get eliminated quickly, it is truly perplexing. That's like watching Barcelona vs Real but hoping Ronaldo and Messi break their legs, there's no point in watching when the best are gone.

-It's a bit crazy that Trunks and Gotenks were left at home and Pedo Roshi, Tein the useless and Krillan the cunt were all chosen. Pan would be more useful than these fucks that got chosen, I don't understand the point.

-Roshi and Mai being so prominent in this show really rubs me the wrong way, I don't understand what twisted person writing the show thought that would be okay. Disgusting.

Odoul

This what I'm saying man. Who didn't expect krillin to go out first. Imagine it being goku whole team confidence is shot stakes go up over 9000. I'm holding out hope I don't think he makes it last it's gonna be gohan

Goku really doesn't even deserve to fight anyone strong in this tournament.

By all storytelling beats he shouldn't be rewarded for his recklessness bordering on sociopathic behavior.

They keep saying the universes were getting erased anyway, but that just comes off like the modern equivalent of "I can see their parachutes" or "It's a good thing it's Sunday and the city's empty".

I-hate-u

At least he wasn't the first from U7 to wind up a joke?

mqdefault.jpg

At least Krill did something cool before he got knocked out. Will Tien?
Briefs.. Trunks.. Bra.. How did I not notice this before ��������

Krillin deserves credit for the other two kills. If it wasn't for his Kienzan Roshi wouldn't have been able to hit the bird, and he was the one who threw the attack at the wolf first and increased its power along with 18.
mqdefault.jpg

At least Krill did something cool before he got knocked out. Will Tien?
Lol at the origin of Mr Popo's name

I gotta say I actually liked Krillin getting cheesed out by Frost. Sure it sucks for Krillin, but it really goes to show how adept Frost is cheap shots. Krillin already had a good showing and with a ton of DQ-able actions during that bit so I really don't care that he was screwed over that way.

Plus, something great about Krillin being done in by another Frieza Race. (god that race needs to get a proper official term already)

Hollycat

Tien questions for everyone:

1. Do you think we'll get a scene where he blocks four attacks at once with his arm growing ability?

2. Is Tiens KiKoHo strong enough to blast someone right through the bottom of the ring, or will it barely dent this katchi katchin?

3. Can Tien even use the Kikoho without being able to fly, as in, can he use it from ground level?

4. Do we think Tiens air skipping ability will be allowed since its a technique and not quite flight, and if so will it let him get high enough to use Kikoho if height is a requirement?

5. Do you think Tiens will last longer than Roshi?

kuYuri

Tien questions for everyone:

1. Do you think we'll get a scene where he blocks four attacks at once with his arm growing ability?

2. Is Tiens KiKoHo strong enough to blast someone right through the bottom of the ring, or will it barely dent this katchi katchin?

3. Can Tien even use the Kikoho without being able to fly, as in, can he use it from ground level?

4. Do we think Tiens air skipping ability will be allowed since its a technique and not quite flight, and if so will it let him get high enough to use Kikoho if height is a requirement?

5. Do you think Tiens will last longer than Roshi?

3. Well, yeah. That's exactly how he used the Kikoho against Nappa. Tenshinhan wasn't flying when he used it.

That's because pan is bread in spanish and some other languages I think. Pretty sure it's a loan word in Japanese.

Pan is a loan word but it should also be noted that her name is a double pun. On one hand the 'bread' meaning reflects the food puns on her father's side but Pan is also the greek god that has been associated with the Devil and thus reflects on her mother's side.

Daingurse

That one? It's the cell one man

Agreed, but the one against Nappa ain't shabby. He literally gave everything, and it was entirely fruitless. Saiyan Saga is my favorite arc in DBZ though, so that's kind of always been one of the more prominent scenes in the series for me. Nappa was just unstoppable, and he made everyone's efforts look so futile. The power gap was real.

I-hate-u

Oh yeah the feet kamehameha, Goku could use that to avoid the ring out, but i always find this a weird funny technique, he used this only against Piccolo or theres some other time?

I think just against him.

One of the many reasons Goku vs Piccolo is one of the best fights in the series.

Eylos

Banned
I think it's funny that toriyama went out of his way to give Tien a 3rd eye, and then goes on to never explain it
Another thing to think, How the Hell chi-chi is a normal sized human, even If her mom was a normal human, How her parents made this to be possible.

Does Chaos paints his cheeks or he IS a Pikachu?

Mysteries

kuYuri

That one? It's the cell one man

No way. Mere moments earlier, he watched his best friend give up their own life to kill Nappa and ended up dying in vain. Ten then proceeds to bet it all too. The anime did a really good job with this by making the scene even more dramatic with the various flashbacks of Ten and Chaozu during Dragon Ball. That Kikoho had so much more emotion and gravitas behind it, the Cell Kikoho doesn't have the same impact the second time.

Skeeter49

Krillin's Kamehameha bothers me. What is it shooting off of?
I think saving 18 would have been better if Frost hit 18 off at the end of the episode, Krillin goes to save her thinking he could do a Kamehameha to save them both, realize there's nothing to shoot off of, and he throws her back into the stage, and it increases the drama since it was 18's place to lose, now she's getting revenge against Frost for her fuck up..

That's how the episode should have ended. The ending of the episode was shit and no one can argue that.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

It's an extremely rare instance of a late-Z era bench-warmer actually making a difference, and in an arc where so many of the other heroes kept dropping the soap. (Vegeta lets Cell power-up, Krillin smashes the remote, Goku gives Cell a fucking senzu bean, etc.) Hell, the power gap between him and Cell was probably even a wider gulf than between him and Nappa.

Skeeter49

Huh? What do you mean?

I don't think it was "shit".
When he fires the Kamehameha to save 18 after the guy playing dead hits her out of the ring. Is the idea that they're so close to the ring that the Kamehameha is hitting the end of the ring and shooting them up? If not, then how is it pushing them up because theoretically it should be shooting into the void, meaning it shouldn't be able to push him and 18 back up into the stage.

I think it was rushed. Frost comes out of no where and hits Krillin out, there's no build up to it, and I doubt 18 will be in the ring long enough to do anything about it. At the end of the day I just wanted something better for Krillin's loss. That would have been fine for Tien or Piccolo who didn't get much development, but whether or not it was from Toriyama, we had 3 episodes of Krillin development between last arc and this arc. I'd rather his loss came from saving 18, I think that would have been way more understandable, and a respectable way to go out.

It's the force of the Kamehameha shooting him up, not the blast hitting the ground. It's been done before, it's nothing new.

There was no build up to Frost knocking Krillin out because it wasn't supposed to have build up, it was supposed to be a quick out of nowhere moment.

Won't be satisfied until Episode of Bardock comes out and Lord Chill tells his men to tell his future bloodline to fear Krillin, instead of the saiyan race.

I believe in you Sabat.

When he fires the Kamehameha to save 18 after the guy playing dead hits her out of the ring. Is the idea that they're so close to the ring that the Kamehameha is hitting the end of the ring and shooting them up? If not, then how is it pushing them up because theoretically it should be shooting into the void, meaning it shouldn't be able to push him and 18 back up into the stage.

I think it was rushed. Frost comes out of no where and hits Krillin out, there's no build up to it, and I doubt 18 will be in the ring long enough to do anything about it.

It's the force of the Kamehameha shooting him up, not the blast hitting the ground. It's been done before, it's nothing new, Ki blasts have recoil.

There was no build up to Frost knocking Krillin out because it wasn't supposed to have build up, it was supposed to be a quick out of nowhere moment.

Tien going after Cell was more of an 'Tien's exit episode' where he knew he was never going to be relevant ever again, so he just went to piss off Cell for shits and giggles. I mean, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when the bug-man comes for you?
And if you said 'get drinked' you win! A horrible, violent death where blowing yourself the fuck up would have been the better thing to do.

Speaking of which, did Toriyama ever say where he got the idea for that horror aspect of Cell exactly?

Getting erased really doesn't seem that bad in comparison. It's funny how Freeza was offended by that.

Skeeter49

I don't think Kale will knock anyone out of U7. As long as Gohan's team stick to the plan of staying in the middle, they're out of Kale's warpath. Unless Tien becomes attracted to Kale in the next episode, or Roshi goes back to his old ways, I don't see anyone leaving the middle, unless Gohan's interest are peaked, which I do want to happen but clearly it won't.

Tien should be safe until the U4 fighters come into play.
Tien should also at the very least use the Kikoho at some point.

Roshi should be safe until he uses his move stolen from Jackie Chun and I would think he'd use the mafuba at some point, especially since he mentioned it a few episodes back.

In my heart we'll get a Piccolo and Gohan teamup before Piccolo is out.

Goku getting cocky and saying he'll be the one to win, as well as Vegeta makes me think neither of them is making it. In for Gohan.

It's the force of the Kamehameha shooting him up, not the blast hitting the ground. It's been done before, it's nothing new, Ki blasts have recoil.

The awesome thing about Frost's ring out is that it works with how he survived since his outing as a galactic scumbag. He's been on the run for so long and has become used to hiding his presence, using that to his advantage in the tournament is good writing, especially the way that he made his escape. The fact it came out of nowhere really reinforces that no one is immune in a battle royale and you need to keep your guard up at all times.

Krillin was great, he saved a member of his team without needlessly sacrificing himself, calling back to the days of him being more of a crafty fighter than an all out superstar.

Episode owned on so many levels.

I'm guessing it's going to be a bit hard to knock Piccolo out since his stretchy arms are going to be very useful for keeping himself, and others, from falling too far. Someone's gonna have to stun him for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom