• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Buu has been underutilized in his new role as a good person, plus has a far more interesting fighting style.
Frieza is a character that has been given far too many second chances, and all he has done so far is act out of character by stealing Frost's gimmick while removing him from the arc.

Even if I wasn't tired of seeing Frieza, I'd still be unhappy about how he acted in this episode.

Out of character? Not really...

Regardless, I don't really care about Buu's attacks. He's essentially a simple beast in this type of arc. Whereas Frieza on the hand, he has an ulterior motive in mind, that will be interesting to see how close he comes to bringing it to fruition. And frankly, his interactions with other people alone make him more interesting than anything Buu would've done, regardless of whether people are tired of seeing him.

Buu has been underutilized in his new role as a good person, plus has a far more interesting fighting style.
Frieza is a character that has been given far too many second chances, and all he has done so far is act out of character by stealing Frost's gimmick while removing him from the arc.

Even if I wasn't tired of seeing Frieza, I'd still be unhappy about how he acted in this episode.

????

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
She failed to do anything to Geets or 17 and now Goku is treating her like a joke with his usual sandbagging bullshit. What a disappointment.

~_~

Look. The typical magical girl formula says she has to spend forever doing nothing before pulling out a super attack finishing move.

mas8705

Best part of the episode

giphy.gif

Honestly, I was ready to see Cabba come in while the "2v1" against Gohan was going on and Frost took a shot a Cabba before Frieza took out the U6 Sayian. That would have been amazing.

Tookay

Weak episode for the most part. Frieza's plan was a little too elaborate if its purpose was just to eliminate Frost... but if it was meant to make U7 trust him AND THEN betray them, then maybe it goes up in my estimation.

Would have rather just watched Vegeta wreck Frost for his shenanigans last episode.

The special looks good though!

brinstar

Ribrianne is just being used to pad time right now. It's like they're afraid of having an episode with no Goku at all lol

When she gets her real battle hopefully she'll get to shine more

Rutger

Banned
Out of character? Not really...

Regardless, I don't really care about Buu's attacks. He's essentially a simple beast in this type of arc. Whereas Frieza on the hand, he has an ulterior motive in mind, that will be interesting to see how close he comes to bringing it to fruition. And frankly, his interactions with other people alone make him more interesting than anything Buu would've done, regardless of whether people are tired of seeing him.

Frieza loves to torture his opponents by showing them just how far more powerful his is than them. The only times he goes for sneak attacks is out of desperation, otherwise he wants to show off if he has to fight. That's how he acted before this anyways, it's very odd to see him go for deception like this.

I also don't see Frieza's ulterior motive as a good thing, it it becomes a big enough deal for this arc then that means he has been the villain for three arcs in the series. I want Super to escape the shadow of the Namik saga. I'd gladly take Buu's far more interesting fighting style over Frieza getting repeated yet again.

Isn't Tate doing next episode?

episode is doomed
He's supervising one quarter of the special.

Frieza loves to torture his opponents by showing them just how far more powerful his is than them. The only times he goes for sneak attacks is out of desperation, otherwise he wants to show off if he has to fight. That's how he acted before this anyways, it's very odd to see him go for deception like this.

I also don't see Frieza's ulterior motive as a good thing, it it becomes a big enough deal for this arc then that means he has been the villain for three arcs in the series. I want Super to escape the shadow of the Namik saga. I'd gladly take Buu's far more interesting fighting style over Frieza getting repeated yet again.

Like I said above, I don't think his plan was originally to betray Frost, I think the situation made him change his mind.

But Goku's been trolled several times in Super already...?

He always comes out looking strong in the end, even in losses the main event is Mr.Gok.

Closest he came to not being the main event was Mr.Black, by even then Gok did the most visible damage to Zamasu and was the one who brought Zeno to end it when Trunks made it worse.

Frost deceives because he's weak and cowardly. This isn't Frieza stealing his gimmick since he easily could have beaten him, it's only because he wanted to humiliate and play along with him, hence taunting him afterwards. It starts and ends with deception, and isn't totally out of character for Frieza.

And the episode established that wasn't his plan to begin with.

kewlmyc

So yeah, did Jimeze die of from his injuries offstage or is he still alive?

Either way, that was cold blooded. Frieza is awesome.

HardRojo

The NEP title aired in Japan for the special is a bit different than what we got in CR, read it and my halfassed translation is: The ultimate battle among the best in all universes! Son Goku vs Jiren!

I don't really think it means anything though, we're surely getting the whole special next week in simulcast services, right?

Frost deceives because he's weak and cowardly. This isn't Frieza stealing his gimmick since he easily could have beaten him, it's only because he wanted to humiliate and play along with him, hence taunting him afterwards. It starts and ends with deception, and isn't totally out of character for Frieza.

I don't think it was out of character for Frieza, just the more boring way to handle it when they could have had at least more of a back in forth deception mind game thing going on for longer (until Frieza eventually won) instead of Frost just going out like a total chump. I would have at least liked to have seen Frost consider that Frieza might just be as slimey as he is and factor that into how he goes about things.

I don't think it was out of character for Frieza, just the more boring way to handle it when they could have had at least more of a back in forth deception mind game thing going on for longer (until Frieza eventually won) instead of Frost just going out like a total chump. I would have at least liked to have seen Frost consider that Frieza might just be as slimey as he is and factor that into how he goes about things.
Yeah, the execution for this could've been a lot better, but I think their handling of Frieza's character is fine.

At the very least, I'm glad they got this team up out of the way lol.

Rutger

Banned
Like I said above, I don't think his plan was originally to betray Frost, I think the situation made him change his mind.
I missed that post.

I can believe that, but I still don't like how Frieza pulled off his betrayal.

And the episode established that wasn't his plan to begin with.

Frieza didn't resort to deception after Krillin pulled off a surprise attack that cut off part of his tail, he just continued with trying to overpower everyone. It would have made more sense if Frieza betrayed Frost by attacking in his golden form.

caliph95

Yeah, the execution for this could've been a lot better, but I think their handling of Frieza's character is fine.

At the very least, I'm glad they got this team up out of the way lol.
I feel like they might as well not even bother if this was the execution I don't mind the betrayal I expected

I just don't care how it was done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom