• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch launches September 22 in the Americas and Europe

OmegaDL50

I don't understand this at all.

Isn't actually more work to remove content from a game during the localization process rather than leave it in.

When was the last time a publisher removed content that was already included in a different region release only to turn around and try to pass off something originally included in the base game as a paid DLC. I don't think is the case here, though. Well at least I hope it isn't.

I hope there is more clarification on this in regards to the XV1 stuff and accessing it is different then how it is done with the Japanese release.

Effect

Personally I don't mind the characters being locked. I like progression in games and unlocking characters. That's one of the things I really hated about Need for Speed Most Wanted U on the Wii U. I wanted to unlocked and find those cars but they were all available from the start and took all the fun out of the game. I haven't played any of the Xenoverse games so I do want that first play experience.

Scrawnton

Personally I don't mind the characters being locked. I like progression in games and unlocking characters. That's one of the things I really hated about Need for Speed Most Wanted U on the Wii U. I wanted to unlocked and find those cars but they were all available from the start and took all the fun out of the game. I haven't played any of the Xenoverse games so I do want that first play experience.
I don't mind that either, but missing out on a huge piece of single player content is disappointing.

Effect

I don't mind that either, but missing out on a huge piece of single player content is disappointing.

Yeah that's a different story unless the XV1 missions are similar to the XV2 missions and redundant. That's been my concern. I don't want the same missions twice.

EU version has the same issue as the NA version if the unlock doesn't trigger until the game "launches" and you go online to download something. So it tells us little.
Was just trying to help and find supporting evidence beyond just one guy on gamefaqs. :(

I was going to preorder it on Amazon for the discount, but now I'm not too sure. I hope Bamco included all the XV1 content in the English release.

May as well say that I got to take a peek at the box when I was out today (a store let me look when I asked), and there's no mention of the content on the front or back covers, however it does feature that bit in the bottom back referencing paid content.

That at least confirms the actual paid DLC, but no word on the XV1 stuff sadly yet.

deadfolk

Maybe it's paid DLC and that's why the game is only $50 without it. Having said that, it's €60 in EU, so I dunno.

Same deal as NBA2K18. WTF, dudes? Not encouraging people to buy from their local eShop.

Zalman

I at least hope there's a way to have every character unlocked from the start. Unlocking stuff in Xenoverse is hell.

May as well say that I got to take a peek at the box when I was out today (a store let me look when I asked), and there's no mention of the content on the front or back covers, however it does feature that bit in the bottom back referencing paid content.

That at least confirms the actual paid DLC, but no word on the XV1 stuff sadly yet.

Yes, paid dlc is confirmed in the japanese version

about to order mine. Literally on the amazon checkout right now debating.. Really don't know if I should get physical or digital. I hate the idea of changing carts for games, but at least with physical I can save space until I get a 200GB on black fridy, AND and can buy it for a little bit cheaper and I can resell it(you know, incase xenoverse 3 lol). I think I'll buy the dlc though, but I pretty much feel if I buy dlc I might as well buy it digital then. >_>

deadfolk

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I have the EU review code, as posted yesterday in my review.

Characters are LOCKED, but BLACK GOKU (the last character to be unlocked, in the previous versions of DBXV1) IS UNLOCKED from the start.

DBXV1 contents: you have to look for that robot after a certain part of the story mode (linked at the video above) but so far I've not been able to find that robot (even if I've beaten that Trunks mission)

Please note that there could totally be a day 1 update, still not available for review codes.
If interested, I can try it out and post impressions early next week.

I have the EU review code, as posted yesterday in my review.

Characters are LOCKED, but BLACK GOKU (the last character to be unlocked, in the previous versions of DBXV1) IS UNLOCKED from the start.

DBXV1 contents: you have to look for that robot after a certain part of the story mode (linked at the video above) but so far I've not been able to find that robot (even if I've beaten that Trunks mission)

Please note that there could totally be a day 1 update, still not available for review codes.
If interested, I can try it out and post impressions early next week.

Why in the world would Namco cut content that was already in English to begin with? Wtf

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Why in the world would Namco cut content that was already in English to begin with? Wtf

Don't take my stance as a confirmation of this, at least not for now
The HUB is huge and maybe there could be a day one update or a side mission I still have to look for...the game is overwhelming with its contents

So what has been announced? Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for the Nintendo Switch will have 87 playable characters and those 87 characters will be unlocked from the start for anyone who gets the game prior to October 3, 2017.

Going to need dat cloud saving asap

Jesus....

I can understand why Japanese publishers and developers do this, but I'm starting to get annoyed. Regularly, we see Japan get preferential treatment, and the only explanation I can think of is that the publishers favor the country they're from. From better console LEs to stuff like this where content is cut, it's unfair. Like I said, it's understandable, but it seems weird, like they're saying, "Japan is better than you, and we'll reward them for that."

Especially in this case. Actively taking content out of a game--content that effectively increases the value of the game, content that is already translated and voiced--is just really upsetting.

Does this cut down on the grindy MMORPG stuff from the X1?

I liked 1, but eventually it got to the point where I was playing the same mission 100 times just for a single rare item to give to Vegeta to finish his training. And in between every story mission, I'd need to go grind out a few levels because story mode jumped in levels very quickly.

TreIII

Does this cut down on the grindy MMORPG stuff from the X1?

I liked 1, but eventually it got to the point where I was playing the same mission 100 times just for a single rare item to give to Vegeta to finish his training. And in between every story mission, I'd need to go grind out a few levels because story mode jumped in levels very quickly.

In a lot of respects, yes, but there are still a few things here and there.

For example: Once you know the requirements to make it happen, you can ALWAYS get an Ultimate Finish on a Parallel Quest mission. RNG still is the main determinant factor on whether you'll actually get the Rewards (Skills) or not, but at least it's better than it was before, where just triggering the conditions to get an Ultimate Finish was a roll of the die, itself.

And 99% of the time, you can go complete a character's training missions just by being at the right "Grade" level. I think only Bojack (one of the DLC mentors) is the only bastard that requires you to buy certain clothing items...from a store that's only open on weekends among others.

Chinner

Banned
This should be arriving tomorrow, but I'm going to keep it wrapped until more clarity on xenoverse 1 content is out there. If it's not there then will probs return it and just get in pc.

Nightbird

I hope you can purchase Switch DLC without owning the game. It's gonna be a while before I get a Switch, so I don't want to pay extra just because I couldn't buy immediately.

Effectively, every copy of the game just became a "day 1 edition" for a month. Not great news for anyone getting it as a gift, but this does imply that it will be available otherwise.

Well I guess I'm not playing those missions. I'm not getting the game until much later and I don't have a Switch yet.

Ridley327

I hope you can purchase Switch DLC without owning the game. It's gonna be a while before I get a Switch, so I don't want to pay extra just because I couldn't buy immediately.

I'm pretty sure that the eShop lets you do that on Switch, though you get a warning of "hey, you don't own this game yet!" just before you go to the purchasing details.

deadfolk

Bought the game digitally. The Legend Patrol dlc is 2 GB for people wondering.

Gulp. After getting NBA2K18, I don't know if I'm going to have room for this. Something's going to have to go. Does DLC go in the same place as the main game, or always internal? Anyone know?

And this is a part of the season pass, correct? Or is that the XV1 mission set?

It's free. From the Nintendo downloads thread:
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - Character Unlock (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, DLC available September 22) - Free
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - Legend Patrol (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, DLC available September 22) - Free

Interesting that the character unlock is free DLC. Hopefully that means that if you want to unlock the characters yourself you can just not install the DLC. I wonder if you can 'buy' the DLC for later use, but not download it. Then you could start unlocking manually and download the DLC once you get sick of the grind.

Rizzi

And this is a part of the season pass, correct? Or is that the XV1 mission set?

Also, happy to finally get a clarification. Very happy about the news.

The XV1 set.

Unrelated, but I couldn't find an option for what voice language I wanted to use. I think it's based on the region you choose at the beginning because I picked Japan for the lowest latency and all voices are in Japanese.

Kouriozan

The french twitter of Bandai Namco says Xenoverse 2 will be released tomorrow and the story of XV1 will be a free dlc for one month.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoFR/status/910881306900353024
Phew, that's a good news.
You can, but only on the Switch eShop afaik.
I grabbed Mighty Gunvolt and Blaster Master Zero time limited free DLCs and still don't own either.

Top Bottom