• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
It increases stamina regen L, increases Ki regen XL and increases normal attacks L, seems to pretty much stop the Stamina consumption when in X3.

wait fuck is this basically the "Might as well.." soul from trunks in xenoverse?
Cause I've been waiting for something like that to be added.

Chille

wait fuck is this basically the "Might as well.." soul from trunks in xenoverse?
Cause I've been waiting for something like that to be added.

Pretty much I was wrong also, it is M Stamina and M Normal attack, but it seems really good, not that great with X20 but I could use it for ages with it, though I do have a stamina build Buu also.

C0FvhRSWQAAN0Ga.jpg

That training Mission 13 ( elder kai ) is again ... BULLSH*T

There is so many things wrong with it ..i'm actually impressed

Also why do i need to redo the start of the game when i create another character ?
WHAT FOR ?Like i don't mind the small intro for your race at the start but do i need to re do ALL the parallel quest again ? WHY ?
JUST WHY

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Pretty much I was wrong also, it is M Stamina and M Normal attack, but it seems really good, not that great with X20 but I could use it for ages with it, though I do have a stamina build Buu also.

That's great, not as universal as the trunks soul since it's only for kaioken, but still great since I do have a kaioken preset that was waiting for something similar.

Chille

That's great, not as universal as the trunks soul since it's only for kaioken, but still great since I do have a kaioken preset that was waiting for something similar.

I am not supposed to say much as I am under embargo still which is a bit stupid being that the content is now live but either way will be writing impressions on this DLC for my site. *spoilers not very impressed

That training Mission 13 ( elder kai ) is again ... BULLSH*T

There is so many things wrong with it ..i'm actually impressed

Also why do i need to redo the start of the game when i create another character ?
WHAT FOR ?Like i don't mind the small intro for your race at the start but do i need to re do ALL the parallel quest again ? WHY ?
JUST WHY

Is that the advanced combo one?

If so, I almost threw my PS4 trough the window.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So the update is out on pc, but apparantly nothing was fixed even though they delayed it so they could include steam specific fixes...

Dave1988

Whis: Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan... That's a real mouthful, isn't it? Why doesn't everyone just call it Super Saiyan Blue?

They know.

Quick question - which SSJ modes does everyone use on their time patroller? Is there only the 3 (Future, Super Vegeta 1/2, SSJ 1/2/3)? Do you think they will add other variations like Super Sayain God, Blue, Rose, or whatever Future Trunks uses in Dragon Ball Super?

Just like they don't let us go SSJ4, I doubt they'll add Blue and the others anytime soon.

I use Vegeta 2 because Ki Blast build

Yeah? I never went Ki Blast until I started attempting the Expert missions and Raids. Big mistake. I'm debating using my next wish to re-attribute so I can bump those up.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Quick question - which SSJ modes does everyone use on their time patroller? Is there only the 3 (Future, Super Vegeta 1/2, SSJ 1/2/3)? Do you think they will add other variations like Super Sayain God, Blue, Rose, or whatever Future Trunks uses in Dragon Ball Super?

future ssj is bugged, or least doesn't do what the description says so it's pointless to use over ssj, aside from the neat animation.
I use SSJ for my more striker oriented preset, because ssj3 packs a massive punch
Super vegeta for my blast oriented preset, just for that extra bit of damage.
Kaioken for my pure melee preset.
Unleashed potential for my general purpose preset because it's the most balanced of the transformations, and doesn't slow ki drain. It doesn't get the ssj teleports though.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
When this game works online it's pretty great, love some of the OD combos you can put the enemies in
w70MjQG.gif

kameha into dragonfist into kameha so slick..
djztkGh.gif

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Got most stuff from the freeza event cept the golden tracksuit chest piece.

It really sucks that the event just resets when your idle time is over, because I was pretty much just farming metal cooler and golden freeza. If you log back in after idle time is over your progress is gone...
At least I managed to stay in the top 50 for the title...
The tracksuits are nice though, I like zarbon and ginyu the best, metal cooler's and golden freeza are nice too.

Piers

Just like they don't let us go SSJ4, I doubt they'll add Blue and the others anytime soon.

I use Vegeta 2 because Ki Blast build

They really could just replace the "Super Vegeta" forms with SSJ4/Blue.
The whole idea of even using Super Vegeta, let alone USSJ forms seems silly.

Jinroh

Very disappointed the DLC doesn't have first form Frost. I think his first for design is much better than his last form.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I think the patch messed something up with my female saiyan combo string.
the xxxxxyxy combo doesn't always connect anymore, now you can randomly recover before the last hit actually hits, and then sometimes it does hit.

I have no idea what's going on here.

patchday

Is it difficult to farm the outfits? I recall in the Xenoverse 1 there was a lot of gear I just had to give up on ;(

Been watching Dragonball Super. Makes me want to buy this game

So, this has probably been asked and all before, but I can't seem to get a solid answer anywhere for this: how do you make Hercule appear as a mentor? He's the only one of the regular set? Also, I keep reading how the first DLC set came out, but I don't have any of the new characters? Do you have to do something to unlock them? The Frieza event is going on, so I know that I've done it and all.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So, this has probably been asked and all before, but I can't seem to get a solid answer anywhere for this: how do you make Hercule appear as a mentor? He's the only one of the regular set? Also, I keep reading how the first DLC set came out, but I don't have any of the new characters? Do you have to do something to unlock them? The Frieza event is going on, so I know that I've done it and all.

Hercule appears in the city near the shops, close to buu.
It's not the hercule in the pocket dimension.

Chille

Got most stuff from the freeza event cept the golden tracksuit chest piece.

It really sucks that the event just resets when your idle time is over, because I was pretty much just farming metal cooler and golden freeza. If you log back in after idle time is over your progress is gone...
At least I managed to stay in the top 50 for the title...
The tracksuits are nice though, I like zarbon and ginyu the best, metal cooler's and golden freeza are nice too.

All I could get was dodoria spam :/ couldn't get any points at all

Gonna have to just grind tomorrow, in 2hrs I got 4k points I want a title :/

you need to find hercule in the main lobby , talk to him and DO the right emote in front of him. if sucessfull he will talk to you back and you'll have the mentor option.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Got the golden freeza tracksuit top right as the event ended, now I don't have to worry about farming that anymore, all that's left is ginyu force white battle suit.
924bd16ba1.jpg

Dave1988

Got the golden freeza tracksuit top right as the event ended, now I don't have to worry about farming that anymore, all that's left is ginyu force white battle suit.
924bd16ba1.jpg

Nice, I'm still trying to get him to drop the shoes. Fucker just refuses to give them up lol

Omegashin

Neo Member
guys, since PS4 version is decent as much as PC version, where is better to play? On PC or Ps4?
I read about few ppl complaining about the community on PC? Is rly better to play on Ps4 or is just a rumor?

ezodagrom

guys, since PS4 version is decent as much as PC version, where is better to play? On PC or Ps4?
I read about few ppl complaining about the community on PC? Is rly better to play on Ps4 or is just a rumor?
I'd say PS4 is better both when it comes to community and controls (they removed the Type B and Type C controller presets on the PC version and replaced it with a key rebind feature that doesn't allow us to replicate those presets, since some actions are tied to other actions).

Forkball

I'm thinking about picking it up on the Steam sale. I really enjoyed the first game, so how does this compare to that? A big upgrade? More of the same? Worse?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I'm thinking about picking it up on the Steam sale. I really enjoyed the first game, so how does this compare to that? A big upgrade? More of the same? Worse?

The combat system made a huge upgrade over xv, it's much more fun to actually fight. Also they got rid of the super armour on bosses.
Most of the PQ's from the first game are in this game but they got updated to be less annoying or remixed with other stuff happening, also RNG is much less annoying.

Overall there's much more to do and it plays much nicer, the story is pretty neat too if you transfer your character from the first game.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to beat Hit's counter-based training. Any good way into baiting him to attack? Particularly that second training.

It was the hardest training for me. I got in close enough for him to come and attack me. Then it's just waiting for him to get behind you. (If it is training session 2). Good luck with all his training sessions.

Overall there's much more to do and it plays much nicer, the story is pretty neat too if you transfer your character from the first game.

Agreed. When I attempted to get into the beta, it was a pleasant surprise to see the prompt to transfer my save over.

I've enjoyed this much more than The first game. I'm level 84 and haven't used a dragon Ball to level up once.

I'm gonna be getting this game later today, and I'm a bit lost as to what I should transfer from XV1.
I was a strike super focused Namekian, with:
Meteor Crash
Final Cannon
Maximum Charge
x20 Kaioken
(I also used Burning Attack and Galactic Donuts for a spell, so I'd probably bring one of them over instead of Kaioken. Change the Future was cool too from what I remember)

Victory Rush
Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack
Final Pose

Are there any of those skills that aren't worth bringing over (as in you can get them fairly early in the game), or am I good to bring them?

For this game I'm planning on going with a male Majin, but I'm not sure if I want to focus on Ki Blast, Strike, or a mix of both. I definitely want to try out Spirit Ball, because that's always been a favourite attack of mine, and I never had the DLC so I never got to try it on XV1, and I love Meteor Crash so I'll probably use that, but I always forget which type of specials Male Majin are best with. I was never a fan of Ki Blast moves on XV1 though, so would something like a 75 Strike/25 Ki Blast split work?

Finally, which preset slot transfers over, the first one, or the most recently used one?

Top Bottom