• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest: Builders |OT| - "If you build it, they will come."

Two more days for Australia. Think I'm gonna wait until Saturday to pick it up though because I need to put more time into DQ7 regardless. Want to play one RPG at a time thanks :p

I was going to wait until those sold out and got replaced without the banner. At least they got creative with it.

Lol that isn't how this works.

Dragon Quest Heroes is still the 'Day One Edition', or for something that sells, MGSV is still the 'Day One Edition', which is now being replaced with the complete edition.

JJShadow

Nice OT!

I'm so in for this. Never liked Minecraft, but I tried the demo yesterday after all the positive reactions and I loved it, I really liked the fact that there is an actual story and quests to follow

Getting it on Friday as wellz damn Europe :(

Tillbo

Been waiting ages for this...

Will probably pick it up for PS4 but would love confirmation if it will be cross-save as it's also a game that I'd love on the Vita!

Didn't realise this uses the DQ1 map.

I own the GBC version of that, should I smash through it quickly before I play Builders? (It's apparently only 10-15 hours?)

I'm a sucker for playing games 'in order' to get the most out of references etc. Really not liking that this is releasing before I could play DQ 1-3 :p
Played 4-6 and halfway through 7 now.

ys45

I ordered from amazon.ca and got my dlc code this morning , did not even know there was a pre-order dlc bonus for this game from amazon.

Arkeband

Banned
Just a heads up about the PS4 version: The localized version introduces a framerate bug that wasn't in the JP one. At least based on testing I did in the demo.

Basically, when you hold a placeable item (an earth block or a tree stump or something) there is a constant microstutter that's best visible when rotating the camera, ruining the otherwise smooth 60FPS.

More info

If someone sensitive to stutter could test this on the retail version and report back that would be great. To avoid it, just equip something else with the dpad while being out and exploring. I hope SE will fix it at some point.

Update on my poor, doomed Reddit thread: The mods told me that they've never heard of these framerate issues (despite proof) and then hid my thread, after the subreddit claimed that framerate bugs don't matter.

So anyway, that community is a trash heap. To twitter!

Didn't realise this uses the DQ1 map.

I own the GBC version of that, should I smash through it quickly before I play Builders? (It's apparently only 10-15 hours?)

I'm a sucker for playing games 'in order' to get the most out of references etc. Really not liking that this is releasing before I could play DQ 1-3 :p
Played 4-6 and halfway through 7 now.

DQ Builder takes place right after DQ1, so of course it would use DQ1 map.

Tanston

I had no idea there was a free build continent and all that extra content with the battle tickets. This game just keeps sounding better and better. Can't wait to dive into this tonight.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Planning to buy this still, but the review thread talking about possible frame rate issues...I LOVED the demo, though.

Has anyone found any new info on the frame rate stuff?

Roubjon

Planning to buy this still, but the review thread talking about possible frame rate issues...I LOVED the demo, though.

I'm pretty sure someone in another thread found out that when you pan the camera around while holding a block to put down the frame rate stutters.

N° 2048

Played on PS4 yesterday. It's there but barely noticeable. I forget about it after 5 min.

However it should still be patched.

So they can release the Ps4 version at midnight, but not the Vita?

PS4 version was a pre-order, Vita will go up with the rest of the store update. It's always like that.

In the demo, you could "fix" the framerate by unequipping any building blocks/items. So far no one has checked on the retail version, sadly.

Tillbo

Any confirmed info on whether demo progress definitely doesn't carry over as I've heard conflicting reports?

Finished the demo on Vita but ordered the game on PS4. Excited for launch so wanted to play through the PS4 demo but if I have to do it all again I think I'll wait.

PS4 version was a pre-order, Vita will go up with the rest of the store update. It's always like that.

In the demo, you could "fix" the framerate by unequipping any building blocks/items. So far no one has checked on the retail version, sadly.

That's unfortunate. Wonder why they don't have pre-order on vitas then? I was super tempted to get it on Ps4 to play earlier, but I remembered this was supposed to be my travel game.

N° 2048

Any confirmed info on whether demo progress definitely doesn't carry over as I've heard conflicting reports?

Finished the demo on Vita but ordered the game on PS4. Excited for launch so wanted to play through the PS4 demo but if I have to do it all again I think I'll wait.

Nothing carries over.

I am have been 100% into this game since it was announced. I cannot wait to get home and start playing. The music in the demo just made me want it more.

Nope, you'll do those same quests all over again, which kinda suck. I just rushed through them in like 20 mins.

antibolo

Banned
That's unfortunate. Wonder why they don't have pre-order on vitas then? I was super tempted to get it on Ps4 to play earlier, but I remembered this was supposed to be my travel game.

Not really any reason other than SIEA just making sure the Vita remains a second-class citizen in their ecosystem as usual. They really have no excuse for not putting up pre-orders for Vita games, other regions do it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I'm pretty sure someone in another thread found out that when you pan the camera around while holding a block to put down the frame rate stutters.

Played on PS4 yesterday. It's there but barely noticeable. I forget about it after 5 min.

However it should still be patched.

I have not adjusted to the menu delay in DQ7 after 15 hours, so I don't suspect I'll ever "forget about it". The fact that it can be mitigated is nice, but I really really hope that it gets patched.

The fact that it's only limited to one event means I'll probably pick it up today. I really really prefer digital, but I'm worried that the absolutely garbage PSN DL speed means I should go physical.

How big is the game?

N° 2048

I have not adjusted to the menu delay in DQ7 after 15 hours, so I don't suspect I'll ever "forget about it". The fact that it can be mitigated is nice, but I really really hope that it gets patched.

The fact that it's only limited to one event means I'll probably pick it up today. I really really prefer digital, but I'm worried that the absolutely garbage PSN DL speed means I should go physical.

How big is the game?

I believe 300MB on Vita and 920MB on PS4 for actual game minus DLC.
PS4 save file game is about 30MB
PS4 save file for settings is 10MB

Not really any reason other than SIEA just making sure the Vita remains a second-class citizen in their ecosystem as usual. They really have no excuse for not putting up pre-orders for Vita games, other regions do it.

I'm sorry, what? That's....why am I even surprised?

Unknown?

You might want to add this to the OP for the FPV and camera problems but in a small confined space if you click R3 it will reset the camera to where you can see yourself.

Top Bottom