• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest press event to be held on 7/28 in Japan, livestreamed, "main series"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyd0nia

Banned
Is there any chance of this being omni-platform, using their shinra streaming service?

Isn't that how they pulled off DQX on 3DS? Wouldn't be surprised if they did something clever that meant it could be everywhere for the anniversary

Arkeband

Banned
Seeing the step backward DQ8 is taking to fit on the 3DS I don't know why people would be psyched to get it on that platform except for lack of choice.

But whatever, I'd probably still pick it up. That doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have an awesome 1080p game over another scrunched up 400x240 entry...

Bitanator

Ooooooo, I cannot wait to see how this baby looks running on PS4. Man once that nostalgic DQ music start up I'm going to die of excitement. Knowing it will be localized is the best news I can hope for

Aeana

Is there any chance of this being omni-platform, using their shinra streaming service?

Isn't that how they pulled off DQX on 3DS? Wouldn't be surprised if they did something clever that meant it could be everywhere for the anniversary

DQ10 3DS/mobile uses a technology from another company, not Shinra, but it's had so many problems that they even suspended sales of the 3DS version for a long time. If the technology couldn't support the small number of players who got it on 3DS, there's no way it'd support the number of people who would be buying a new mainline DQ game. Just my opinion.

Hugstable

Banned
Seeing the step backward DQ8 is taking to fit on the 3DS I don't know why people would be psyched to get it on that platform except for lack of choice.

But whatever, I'd probably still pick it up. That doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have an awesome 1080p game over another scrunched up 400x240 entry...

Again why are you trying to start this stuff? Who the hell cares

Porcile

Dragon Quest Heroes? The mobile ports?

I mean VII 3DS and the DQM remakes which are high tier games. Heroes isn't an RPG in my eyes (also a yucky Musou game. Those get released anywhere too. HnK Musou got a EU release on WII U.). Admittedly, VIII 3DS looks pretty bad. The mobile releases were zero effort releases which I can play already. To be fair, my Japanese reading is to the level where I could play a DQ game with a dictionary, but that's not the point.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Dragon Quest XI on PS3/PS4 possibly?

tumblr_mxgu0vQgNc1r8iz23o1_250.gif

MLH

*Well there it is.

Seems likely that's Dragon Quest XI.
Can't wait to finally see it, I was always a bit disappointed with DQX MMO announcement (plus we never got it here). So it feels like ages since the last big mainline Dragon Quest.

Vandole

Don't care. Until I actually see a new a new DQ game for sale in the West I will not allow myself to get excited about any potential DQ games.

The pain...the heartache...would be too much to bare.

Bousf

Life is Strange Episode 4
King's Quest Episode 1
And now possibly DQXI announcement, all happening on my birthday!! I'm saying hi to 23 in cool gaming fashion ;)

AgeEighty

I mean VII 3DS and the DQM remakes which are high tier games. Heroes isn't an RPG in my eyes (also a yucky Musou game. Those get released anywhere too. HnK Musou got a EU release on WII U.). Admittedly, VIII 3DS looks pretty bad. The mobile releases were zero effort releases which I can play already. To be fair, my Japanese reading is to the level where I could play a DQ game with a dictionary, but that's not the point.

We have gotten every one of the mainline releases except X, which anyone could see would have been a far bigger risk for them to go to the trouble of localizing, and a couple of the SNES ones. And we've had a decent number of the spinoffs, too. That people pretend that they haven't "started" releasing this series in the West boggles the mind.

Not to mention, the only reason they didn't continue localizing the 3DS ports is that the ones they did release sold poorly. What are they supposed to do?

Porcile

We have gotten every one of the mainline releases except X, which anyone could see would have been a far bigger risk for them to go to the trouble of localizing, and a couple of the SNES ones. And we've had a decent number of the spinoffs, too. That people pretend that they haven't "started" releasing this series in the West boggles the mind.

They may have started (not really my point) but they've stopped now. Also, Europe never got VII in any form, not even a PSN release.

LordofPwn

please also announce a DQ HD collection for PS4. id love me some DQ VIII HD on the PS4. you've brought it to almost everything else besides a home console. Do it.

Not to mention, the only reason they didn't continue localizing the 3DS ports is that the ones they did release sold poorly. What are they supposed to do?

And now you understand why some are wary of DQXI being localized. Also, they didn't cease to "continue localizing 3DS ports", as SE has yet to release a single DQ title on 3DS in the west.

With that said, if DQXI is on PS4, I expect a worldwide release.

Acosta

Not DQ Lite, not DQ MMO (if you are not going to release it outside Japan, bastards).

I want a bigger, better, more beautiful, glorious DQ 8. Please Horii!

Cbajd5

please also announce a DQ HD collection for PS4. id love me some DQ VIII HD on the PS4. you've brought it to almost everything else besides a home console. Do it.
it already got released on the ps2, why do you possibly need it on more home consoles

what we need it on is pc

I'll be legit shocked if DQXI doesn't get a Western release. Will this be PS4 exclusive? I really want this to be on as many platforms.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
DQ11? Makes sense. PS3/PS4 with a PS3 base. PS3/PS4 in Japan, probably localized PS4 only.

sublimit

Banned
I hope by the time DQXI will come out i'll have sufficient knowledge of Japanese to have some basic understanding of the story (i'm having private Japanese lessons with a Japanese teacher for 2 months now) so i can finally raise my middle finger to SE and import the game if they still insist to avoid bringing this series to the west.

That is of course if the rumors are true and it's indeed for PS4.

Kouriozan

Dragon Quest XI on PS3/PS4 possibly?
Not possibly, it's almost already confirmed.
If you look at all the new Japanese announcements, they include PS3 because PS4 sells really bad there, and PS4 because it sells too much outside of Japan.
We should expect that trend to continue for a while too.

And I really hope you guys will buy it this time...

AgeEighty

They may have started (not really my point) but they've stopped now. Also, Europe never got VII in any form, not even a PSN release.

They didn't stop either. They got a bit more selective about what they release here because sales weren't there for some of it. But they have never just outright stopped releasing DQ product in the West as a matter of policy. A mainline, single player entry in the series is pretty much a lock for the West, and always has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom