• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown impressions and screens

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Eh saying something is "copied" is a nasty accusation. I know you didn't mean it that way now, but of course I'm going to correct your weird phrasing.

If you see my name on a post in the future, unless it's a serious subject assume I'm being light hearted and goofing around or being sarcastic.

Eh saying something is "copied" is a nasty accusation. I know you didn't mean it that way now, but of course I'm going to correct your weird phrasing.

uhhh, fighter elf and dwarf all have almost the same positions on the table. Cleric does not exist. There's a fair share of inspiration/homage.

Kouichi

Oh man, sounds as amazing as I expected it to be. Vanillaware does not disappoint. I can't way to play as the Elf.

Also, I love the character select screen.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A lot of people seem to be shunning the fighter I might pick him up first just so he isn't missing. But then again Dwarf will probably be more rare in the long run. D: ugh character variety imbalance in online play always annoys me

and hot damn at the Amazon's jackededness
tumblr_m5fvr4RQkt1r8ououo1_500.jpg

Damn, can't choose between PS3 or Vita. PS3 has local co-op, but Vita has dat OLED. Wish it was cross-buy. :/

Anyway, Atlus published game, so I guess I'll be importing this from North America rather than waiting an eternity for an EU release.

Hobbun

Disappointed to hear about the level scaling, but everything else sounds awesome and already have it preordered.

DigitalOp

Banned
Ill be buying these Day 1 or at least close to it with my unlimited Playstation Monies.... (its limited but I still find myself buying all this shit)

I think this game is gonna be a godsend of fresh air by the time August wheels around. Prepare for fanart!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just had a flashback to the whole God of War 3 "The game looks like a painting" quote. Nah man THIS GAME looks like a painting :D

That's cheating though

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
A lot of people seem to be shunning the fighter I might pick him up first just so he isn't missing. But then again Dwarf will probably be more rare in the long run. D: ugh character variety imbalance in online play always annoys me

tumblr_m5fvr4RQkt1r8ououo1_500.jpg

Never a fan of very muscular girls but for some reason i think that the amazon is really the hottest! Maybe because i expect her to be a little tsundere lol.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I have four damn copies preordered. I try not to think about how close August 6th actually is, so I can survive the wait.

Articles like this though... well, they make me a little too excited. :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Never a fan of very muscular girls but for some reason i think that the amazon is really the hottest! Maybe because i expect her to be a little tsundere lol.

It's probably a mix of that and your are able to mentally slim her down for her exaggeration because you have all the other characters to work off of :p

Dem titties.

She could serve drinks off of those.
She could also kill anyone who would say that to her face :lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
4 copies? You are dedicated haha
One for myself, one for SO, one for a friend whose birthday is in early August (before the release date but I want more adhoc partners ;-) ) and a PS3 copy for good measure.

Still hoping that there will be a surprise collector's edition announced.

I'm getting it on PS3 so if the U.S or any other region gets it before Australia does i'm just gonna order it online seeing as all PS3 games are region free.

Not sure about region locking on Vita games...but then again I don't own one.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
I love the design and the actual looks. I still haven't researched this game enough to form a pre-release opinion, but from what I've seen I'm definitely getting this. I always liked the this kind of theme to an RPG game. I hope for the best.

mao2

Cleverly, Vanillaware has built its character system as a sort of difficulty gauge: the Fighter, Amazon, and Dwarf are designed for newer, less skilled players, while the Elf, Sorceress, and Wizard are catered towards those who already know what they’re doing.
Damn... I hope Sorceress isn't too difficult to play with. Anyway, everything sounds really awesome, especially the replayable stages and loot. June can't come any sooner!!

Yeah it's pretty much copy pasted :lol
George Kamitani worked on Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom before, so it's not that surprising to find similarities between the two games.
http://www.1up.com/news/vanillaware-george-kamitani-dragon-crown

Kamitani worked on the D&D Arcade games, so a fair share of homages are to be expected.

Anyways, the game looks as good as ever, and the gameplay sounds awesome.
This game will be amazing. Can't wait for the end of July.

To the right of the bishounen knight, it looks like maybe there's a cameo of the D&D cleric. Or it's just a big coincidence of a guy with similar facial hair and a tank top.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This all sounds incredibly promising. The art was enough to draw me in, the character videos showed a plethora of depth to each character's combat, and this preview drives home what will hopefully be the overall consistency and quality of the world/interface.

I'm very much looking forward to this. The fact that it sounds challenging is a huge bonus for me.

JoeFenix

Everything sounds good other than the level scaling, I don't think I've ever played a game where that's been a good thing.

At the very least you need to be able to outpower enemies with good gear regardless of scaling, if there is no feeling of empowerment then why even bother having leveling mechanics in the game?

Top Bottom