• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PS4/XB1 (fall 2017)

Protome

I'll triple dip on this. Getting it on PS+ on Ps3 was the best, I had completely wrote the game off because I disliked the original demo and figured it just wasn't for me, then after getting it in PS+ it became one of my favourite games.

That's nice and all, but it's so consistent in every topic that it's annoying. Like, pretty much every announcement gets someone asking. Old game or no, just wait until they mention it. Not too difficult.
!

And we've finally reached the point where people derailing threads complaining about port begging
in a thread about ports
is more annoying than the port begging itself.

I'll triple dip on this. Getting it on PS+ on Ps3 was the best, I had completely wrote the game off because I disliked the original demo and figured it just wasn't for me, then after getting it in PS+ it became one of my favourite games.

And we've finally reached the point where people derailing threads complaining about port begging
in a thread about ports
is more annoying than the port begging itself.

Nah, not really.

Carn82

Awesome. Never played it on previous gen. Does it still hold up well if one accounts for 1080p and possible some more polish?

Fuck yes

I absolutely loved what I played of this on PC, but I really don't game much on my laptop (outside of shmups/less hardware intensive stuff). Will double dip for sure

Hellraider

Yeah, this was a matter of time. Capcom's MO these days is to have as much as possible of their catalogue available for purchase on current gen consoles and PC. DD was one of the most obvious absences from the list.

Japan didn't get the PC port until now? That's pretty shitty, but at least they're getting it now.

I know it's been a sentiment echoed plenty of times, but... we really need DD2.

DKHF

In their JP press release announcing this Capcom says Dragon's Dogma has shipped 3.2 million copies, is this number new? First official number since PC release?

Edit: Not new.

Perfectly-timed news to start Capcom's hype train for the incoming reveal of lauded video game director Hideaki Itsuno's next game...

In their JP press release announcing this Capcom says Dragon's Dogma has shipped 3.2 million copies, is this number new? First official number since PC release?

That's a pretty nice number. With PC at 700k, it means the game has sold 2,5m on consoles.

//DEVIL//

most likely its gonna be a port from the pc version. so unless you don't have a half decent pc, then yeah its worth buying.

most likely its much cheaper on pc too and probably plays better knowing how limited the current consoles are.

Now if this is a limited release physical, then I am going to buy one just for the sake of collecting.

Very cool. I already have it on PC, but I'll get this if it's cheap enough to show support and get trophies. A steelbook would be nice.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fucking finally, Jesus Christ. I've been holding off from (re)starting this on the PS3 because it was obvious this was coming eventually.

Because Gaf's first reaction would be "Lmao f2p what a piece of trash why didn't they invest on a proper DD 2 instead?"

Feels like half the reason they're not investing in a proper DD2 is because people are fine buying the same game over and over again. No idea what the price will be, but if it's 60 bucks again that'll be laughable.

Much like the PC port this is unlikely to fund a proper sequel either, I wouldn't get my hopes up for it.

Vitten

I have faith it will be 60 FPS. Game isn't exactly the most demanding in terms of graphics.

But hey, they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong !

JediLink

Man I remember lurking Capcom Unity back in the day and there were Dragon's Dogma port begging threads every other week. Poor Sven had to generic reply and lock every one. Glad to see Capcom's actually doing stuff with it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, I'll buy this. It'll be a good opportunity to go through the Dark Arisen content, since I never got that far into it on PS3.

specdot

This is going to be my 3rd time getting this game. I have yet to finish it. I want to love it, but there was something with it that never clicked. Anyone want to give me a few pointers on how to enjoy the game?
Full disclosure the farthest I got was that dank forest at the beginning where you're looking for a witch or something.

Feels like half the reason they're not investing in a proper DD2 is because people are fine buying the same game over and over again. No idea what the price will be, but if it's 60 bucks again that'll be laughable.

Much like the PC port this is unlikely to fund a proper sequel either, I wouldn't get my hopes up for it.

I think I remember they were saying that DD PC port's sales would determine DD 2 development.

But yeah, this version at $60 would be hilarious.

I have faith it will be 60 FPS. Game isn't exactly the most demanding in terms of graphics.

But hey, they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong !

My Phenom CPU could handle the game at 60fps. I'm pretty sure PS4 & XB1 CPU are at least faster than that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hopefully it's at least 1080p/60 on PS4. If they throw in some Pro support for higher resolutions, that'd be fan-freaking-tastic.

Exentryk

Enjoy one of the best battle systems ever designed for an RPG! I played it despite it having a character creator setup, but the glorious combat needed to be experienced.

I kinda broke the balance of the game by going into the Dark Arisen content after only a few hours in, don't think I even made it to Gransys before my first grind in Bitterblack Isle. It was fun though.

4K should be no sweat for the Pro and Scorpio versions.

Considering your Pawns were saved server side, could a save transfer be a possibility?

I doubt Capcom will do it but I imagine it's possible whoever made the last gen to PC converter could add PS4 and XBO support for it. I converted my PS3 save to PC after I bought the PC version.

Top Bottom