• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for PS4/Xbox One launches October 5 in Japan

DKHF

DKHF

The western release will probably be the week after based on how they released DMC4 Special Edition.

Sigh, can I still hope for the game to be BC? I'd like to finish the save I've got ongoing...

Finish it in a better performing version of the game, I mean.

Keasar

This better be funding a sequel by now cause they have re-released it soon for everything, there has to be a clear demand for this game.

I cry out for a Dragon's Dogma 2.

With co-op.

Apathy

I'm surprised they are releasing the Xbox version in Japan. Usually the Japanese devs are skipping the Japanese Xbox but releasing their games in other territories on it. At least someone is trying over there

g11

Can't wait to play this again. Didn't they make some quality of life changes in the Dark Arisen update? Fast travel earlier on or something? I never actually got around to the DA expansion.

Dervius

Never did finish this, got burned by a save-destroying bug that happened with one of the updates on 360. Will welcome the ability to play a better performing version.

Might go Mage this tie, those GIFs have ruined me.

WarLox

Why would capcom release Dragons Dogma and Deep Down in the same month? Seems like they will eat into each other's sales.

Persona7

Banned
Is this a port of the PC version to consoles or does it offer anything different? I already have the GOG PC version.

redfox088

Banned
So what do you think? Are these repeated re-releases an indication that we might get a real sequel to Dragons Dogma?
Not entirely....the game originally came out in 2012...and not really here too much about DDO....so it's safe to assume it's either in Dev Hell or not being Developed which are both very undesirable.

So what do you think? Are these repeated re-releases an indication that we might get a real sequel to Dragons Dogma?

The MMO is the biggest obstacle.

Like with Elder Scrolls Online, a huge portion of the Dragon's Dogma Online playerbase is comprised of fans who are really thirsty for a new single player experience and are willing to put up with a weaker game if it means more content. The moment a true sequel comes out, most players will abandon the MMO, so Capcom needs to be sure that such a sequel will be more profitable than the MMO before they decide to develop it.

Shitty thing is, series that have MMO spinoffs tend to never return to their original format. There's a reason why Bioware isn't making a single player Star Wars RPG after TOR, why Bethesda hasn't started work on the next Elder Scrolls after TES:O, why we'll never see another Warcraft after WoW, etc.

The only silver lining is that I don't think DDO set the world on fire. As a Japanese exclusive, Capcom still has interest in maximizing the franchise's appeal in the West. That sweet Souls fanbase money could be theirs with a proper sequel.

Evilisk

Weird timing on this thread, I just recently got my copy of Dark Arisen for PS3 (which I decided on after another DD playthrough)

Can't wait to play this again. Didn't they make some quality of life changes in the Dark Arisen update? Fast travel earlier on or something? I never actually got around to the DA expansion.

I was playing DA earlier today and it seems so. They added more places to fast travel from (originally it was only Gran Soren). Ferrystones are also way cheaper than the original game.

I'm Drenched!

Take care you aren't soaked!

TFW you run into hellhounds :p

I'm just discovering now that hellhounds are real assholes

(My first run was a Magick Archer so they were never a problem on my first playthrough)

Top Bottom