• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma : New Trailer Released | State of Play

Draugoth

Gold Member

Introducing the Warfarer vocation​

Wield a greatsword, chant high-level magick, and deceive enemies with illusions. The Warfarer is a vocation that allows you to engage in combat while switching between the weapons of other vocations.

The Warfarer is a vocation exclusive to the main character, the Arisen. Warfarers can use all weapon types and learn the core skills of all vocations. It is the “ultimate vocation,” so to speak. Some vocations excel at close combat, or are skilled at support, and the Warfarer can utilize the strengths of each vocation as the situation demands. The Warfarer has the potential to release powerful combos, such as using Trickster skills to deceive enemies and open opportunities to chant powerful attack magick.

However, the Warfarer is not an all-mighty vocation. Their basic stats are not high, and they must carry many weapons in order to use their various skills. They will require the player’s skill to exploit strengths in different situations, or else the vocation will remain a lesser version of each of the respective vocations.

Only those who have honed their skills and adaptability will be able to bring out the full potential of this vocation.

Create an ice platform with your archistaff and attack the enemy with a greatsword. It is up to the player to connect combos utilizing different weapons.

Vocation maisters​

Around the world of Dragon’s Dogma 2, there are vocation maisters, who have mastered their respective vocations.

Lennart, the Fighter vocation maister: a swordsman with remarkable combat and leadership skills.
Lennart, the Fighter vocation maister: a swordsman with remarkable combat and leadership skills.

The vocation maister for the Mystic Spearhand, Sigurd. He wanders from place to place seeking out dragons.
The vocation maister for the Mystic Spearhand, Sigurd. He wanders from place to place seeking out dragons

As you deepen your relationship with vocation maisters and earn their approval, they may grant you special tomes that will allow you to unlock new vocations or acquire skills known as “maister’s teachings”. Can you find all the vocation maisters?

The Maister’s Teaching for the Archer, Heavenly Shot. This fires an arrow of maximum power in exchange for consuming all of the player’s stamina.
The Maister’s Teaching for the Archer, Heavenly Shot. This fires an arrow of maximum power in exchange for consuming all of the player’s stamina.

Wild Furie, the Maister’s Teaching for the Mystic Spearhand. Creating a double out of magick, it allows the player to deal both magick and physical damage.
Wild Furie, the Maister’s Teaching for the Mystic Spearhand. Creating a double out of magick, it allows the player to deal both magick and physical damage.

Dragonsplague​

Dragonsplague is a contagious disease-like status that infects Pawns under certain conditions. While affected, the Pawn’s basic stats will improve and their behavior will change. It spreads among Pawns on their travels between worlds, and in the early stages of the illness, the afflicted Pawn won’t fall ill, but rather displays abilities and confidence that exceed what they would normally have. In the later stages of the illness, however, the dragonsplague is said to result in devastating calamity. There is little information on dragonsplague in this world, and its veracity is questionable, nor is it clear what the devastating calamity refers to.

It seems to be a rare illness, but if someone in the party is unnaturally bossy or overly active, they may have contracted dragonsplague. Should you look for a cure? Or will you see it as a positive boost to their strength and continue your journey? Again, the decision is up to the player.

As the illness advances, the Pawn’s appearance seems to be affected.

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
This looked good and, ummm what? From the previews people have made this seem like the classes would be locked to one weapon per class, but that does not seem to be the case.

The trailer was a welcome surprise and seems to be adding more than I thought.

Lux R7

This looked good and, ummm what? From the previews people have made this seem like the classes would be locked to one weapon per class, but that does not seem to be the case.

The trailer was a welcome surprise and seems to be adding more than I thought.

there is a new class on the official site, can use all the weapons but with lower base stats (and i think with limited skills)

mortal

Gold Member
Obvious performance issues aside, this looks very cool. I'll likely be picking this up at some point.

Oh, nice that they uploaded a 4k version. The video said "captured on PS5" and it was running higher than 30fps but with noticeable dips. All in all, I already purchased the game. I've been waiting for too long for DD2. People might be sleeping on it but this seems to be way more ambitious than we could have thought. I just hope the PC port runs smoothly.

GymWolf

The vocation that ley you change class at will kinda defeat the purpose to have multiple classes with pro and cons but i guess it's gonna be fun to play for the more stylish people who want to combo enemies into oblivion :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I hope they have actual new class to show\keep secret for the game.

Remnant 2 had like 4 class annocunced but inside the game you find like other 10 classes or so.

Freeman76

That looks fucking great! I might even replay the first one on PC now that I own one. Also very glad I took the jump to buy a gaming PC cos the performance looks definitely 30fps from that trailer

Bojji

Now I can see why it's 30 fps locked, next gen gaming:

Mmif2q3.jpg

There is A LOT of (FSR2?) motion fizzling on grass and moving objects, looks quite mediocre.

vkbest

Performance looks terrible. Seems to drop way below 30 quite frequently.
The framerate is unlocked in this video
Now I can see why it's 30 fps locked, next gen gaming:

Mmif2q3.jpg

There is A LOT of (FSR2?) motion fizzling on grass and moving objects, looks quite mediocre.

It's not 30fps locked in the trailer, some scenes and gameplay is around 50-60fps, but the framerate looks pretty unstable

Embearded

Love what i've seen so far.
I'll be there soon after release.
I wanted to see a battlemage-like vocation with a staff and a sword just like Gandalf.

Ovech-King

Gold Member
You can see by how the fps varies why it will be 30fps on a 3 years old 10-12tf . Happy I’ll be able to play this on my 4080 instead !

FeralEcho

Game of the year baby!!!
Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

Imagine being a loser who doesn't play a game unless it's 60 fps,must suck having missed the entirety of the PS360 gen masterpieces and also fucking Bloodborne of all things!

Must be painful which is why they all portbeg for it on PC which is why I hope Bloodborne gets announced one day for PC but it's hard locked to 30 fps just to see all you fps elitists literally break down mentally!! Gonna be a sight to behold !

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This game is going to be huge on PC I think. After elden ring I think it could end up being it's strongest platform. Especially if it's 30fps on console.

Alebrije

Hope at least has Elden Ring level of graphics, some scenes look awfull and others fine..if they are targeting 30 FPS better show great visuals.

Meicyn

Gold Member
All these vocations to choose from, and I’m still going to roam around as a shirtless sweaty filthy warrior with an oversized sword to crush my enemies and hear the lamentations of their women. I’ll leave the magic to my pawns. The tornados are for launching monsters into the air so I can cleave them in half like I’m holding a baseball bat, except it slices.

KàIRóS

The vocation that ley you change class at will kinda defeat the purpose to have multiple classes with pro and cons but i guess it's gonna be fun to play for the more stylish people who want to combo enemies into oblivion :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I hope they have actual new class to show\keep secret for the game.

Remnant 2 had like 4 class annocunced but inside the game you find like other 10 classes or so.

It's probably an endgame vocation though, like something you get after beating the Dragon but before beating the Seneschal in the post game, you might even need to master all other vocations before unlocking it who knows and if it's like in DD1 all other vocations still have skills completely unique to them, I remember the Strider being absolutely broken in the post game and that was a starter vocation.

GymWolf

It's probably an endgame vocation though, like something you get after beating the Dragon but before beating the Seneschal in the post game, you might even need to master all other vocations before unlocking it who knows and if it's like in DD1 all other vocations still have skills completely unique to them, I remember the Strider being absolutely broken in the post game and that was a starter vocation.
Not sure about that.

Almost every class had 2-3 broken skills in that game, balancement was kinda shit in the first game.

The second game has to decide if it want to be an hardcore experience or a power fantasy experience.

Balancement and a costant challenge is key for my enjoyment in these games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom