• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake in disguise interviews people about drake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Last_e2d245_1121858.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Haha, Drake is getting all the blame for something about half of hip hop is guilty of.

But I am OK with it.

Bieber is an awesome hate sponge for pop music too.

Absorb it, bitches.

Pimpwerx

I like Drake, but think the memes are hilarious. Hey, he can laugh at himself too. I'm sure he got lots of negative comments in that sketch, but what should he care? He's got love dens hidden behind bookcases with keypads and TVs in the ceiling. He'll be alright. PEACE.

Drake the type of nigga that holds his shit in cause he doesnt want to let go.

Drake the type of nigga that shows his ass cheeks to everyone in the locker room.

Drake the type of nigga that K.I.T

Every Drake thread on GAF is filled to the brim with the same pictures and jokes. It's so fucking tired at this point.
Booty Patrol the type of nigga that defends Drake in a neogaf thread.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like drake and his music. I still think the memes are pretty funny. I also think it's funny that people feel the need to defend his honor. Drake is winning. A bunch of people question his authenticity isn't going to stop that.

You would be hard pressed to find a successful musician who doesn't have haters.

Courage

I like drake and his music. I still think the memes are pretty funny. I also think it's funny that people feel the need to defend his honor. Drake is winning independent if a bunch of people question his authenticity.

You would be hard pressed to find a successful musician who doesn't have haters.

I feel the Drake haters are more vocal because he hasn't encountered any hardships in his life. When he has songs like "Started from the Bottom" you can probably smell the hate from a mile away.

That song sucks ass.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I love the Drake is the type of [dude] meme. Especially the oldie "drake is the type of [dude] that payed WinRar"

Shit gets me every time.

What's wrong with that? That's actually pretty common with any type of public speaking.

But he decided to pick a career where he's in the public spotlight. So shouldn't he be less awkward? Most people in the limelight are confident. He doesn't come off that way, he seems like a little nerd dressed in cool clothes. I love drake but he needs some classes on public presentation.

riotous

Banned
The "drake the type" jokes are funny.

The rest is just simple and childish.. wheelchair picture endlessly being posted is just dumb and offensive.

Not a defense of Drake, just my opinion of the endless Drake threads.

Also, that NBA picture is kind of goofy.. but to me it's only funny because of his stupid "hard ass" lyrics. Otherwise it looks like how any normal human being would act around NBA stars they admire, although maybe not everyone would look so goofy.. if meeting an idol doesn't make you smile not sure what's wrong with you.

None of this would be funny if he avoided the "hard" lyrics though I guess.

Catch a body.. lol.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Also, that NBA picture is kind of goofy.. but to me it's only funny because of his stupid "hard ass" lyrics. Otherwise it looks like how any normal human being would act around NBA stars they admire, although maybe not everyone would look so goofy.. if meeting an idol doesn't make you smile not sure what's wrong with you.

well there's a lot of context behind the NBA pic. I'm sure others can add to this, but what makes it funny to me is some rapper or player some time back when on about how rappers are massive NBA groupies. Combine that phenomena with drake's softness and that picture becomes an instant classic.

TheLight

GAF needs to lighten up. All of this white knight bullshit over a man you don't know more dignified than people making jokes.

GAF needs to lighten up. All of this white knight bullshit over a man you don't know more dignified than people making jokes.

If it's really not that serious, fine, but just coming into a thread like this unawares it's not hard to be a little disgusted. Bringing a man down because he's "soft" is some ignorant-ass sexist bullshit of the highest order.

IceCold

If it's really not that serious, fine, but just coming into a thread like this unawares it's not hard to be a little disgusted. Bringing a man down because he's "soft" is some ignorant-ass sexist bullshit of the highest order.

People make fun of him because it's such a contrast to his rap persona.

DMeisterJ

Banned
People hating on Drake is old

He gets to fuck Rihanna on a daily basis, and your girlfriend does not look as good as her. Stay bothered by the King of Rap.

Grinchy

Banned
haha this was pretty good

I'm not much of a Drake fan either but he was damn good on SNL. I could see myself liking him as an actor moreso than a musician.

riotous

Banned

The really basic "soft" one's aren't, but some of the jokes could be construed as such.

Like Jay-Z's dis of Drake.. calling him Mrs. Drizzy... Putting down a man by referring to him as a woman could be construed as sexist.

A lot of it seems pretty homophobic too.. "Here he is hugging a guy! OMG!"

(again, not a defense of Drake.. dude has a good life and sticks and stones.. just a conversation about how childish some of the jokes really are)

Yado

People make fun of him because it's such a contrast to his rap persona.

Isn't most of his music wistful relationship songs tempered with the usual rap artist lines bragging about his wealth? It's not like he's constantly rapping about dope dealing and burying bodies.

riotous

Banned
Isn't most of his music wistful relationship songs tempered with the usual rap artist lines bragging about his wealth? It's not like he's constantly rapping about dope dealing and burying bodies.

It's really just a few lines where he's taken the shit too far.

Catch a body like that being the most infamous. "Old Drake", etc.

If he'd left those lines out you wouldn't have much to go on making fun of the dude.. it'd be like making fun of Usher.

Yado

It's really just a few lines where he's taken the shit too far.

Catch a body like that being the most infamous. "Old Drake", etc.

If he'd left those lines out you wouldn't have much to go on making fun of the dude.. it'd be like making fun of Usher.

Why would anyone take that literally? It's rap music, everyone embellishes.

railGUN

Banned
I remember when I heard about this new "rap sensation" named "Drake" and then saw who it was, I was like "Wheelchair fucking Jimmy???".

That shit would fly in the early 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom